Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Green lunatics want to ban hunting (Read 7787 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Green lunatics want to ban hunting
Reply #45 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:12pm

Well, I would like to eliminate all buggering cats in Australia. Shooting won’t do that. Something like Calicivirus but for cats might be good.

If softheads insist having cats as pets these cats MUST be desexed and kept inside.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #46 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:29pm

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:57pm by Baronvonrort »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:07am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:29pm:

95% of Australia is their territory so your nonsense is irrelevant.

Hunters scan the horizon with a scope they can take cats out to 1/2 Km with a .223 rem. If they use a .243/.260/7mm-08/.308 which are common hunting rounds they can take them out to 750m with relative ease.

What are you going to do with a feral cat wandering around at that range without a gun?

How are you going to see a cat past 100m without a scope would you even know if there are any out there?

Since cats are really active at night a thermal scope picks them up in total darkness the heat signal makes them really easy to see. A thermal scope will even show the heat from footprints with domestic cats walking on a tiled floor. There is nothing more effective with night hunting.

Take note of the orange column for max supersonic range that is about the range limit for reasonable accuracy which drops off when transitioning to subsonic.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 9:28am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:12pm:
Well, I would like to eliminate all buggering cats in Australia. Shooting won’t do that. Something like Calicivirus but for cats might be good.

If softheads insist having cats as pets these cats MUST be desexed and kept inside.

You would like to eliminate them all, but your proposal would see cat numbers sky rocket, because you would increase the cost of eliminating feral cats by a factor of 100 to 1000. If you had your way you would basically eliminate all effective feral cat control measures.

Quote:
Why should i given a fig about what the Greens say they want? I despise the Greens.

You sound just like them. Completely detached from reality.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #49 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 10:49am

I acknowledge the fact that feral cats reproduce, you seem to think no feral cat reproduces. Yeah, cat numbers skyrocket when you desex the cats—how STUPID is that statement? Feral cats exist over most of non-arid Australia, great success shooting has been, eh?  Roll Eyes

Tell me FD—has shooting rabbits solved the rabbit problem here? If shooting, trapping and baiting had solved the rabbit problem would myxomatosis and calicivirus have been developed. I have asked this question before but neither you nor BarrelOfRot have dared to answer.

Feral cats don’t readily take baits it seems so only trapping and shooting will work. This will not be enough by several orders of magnitude!

I guess you just want to shoot off rifles.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 11:14am

Quote:
I acknowledge the fact that feral cats reproduce, you seem to think no feral cat reproduces.

No I do not Monk. This is you trying to paint those who point out your idiocy as having equally idiotic views.

Quote:
Yeah, cat numbers skyrocket when you desex the cats—how STUPID is that statement?

That is not what I am saying either Monk. Though I can show you pictures of places where they do neuter and release, where there is a huge number of cats. Probably 1000 to 10000 times the 'natural' population density of cats. And very few other animals.

I have explained very patiently and repeatedly why your idea is so incredibly stupid. Read it again if you still do not get it.

Quote:
Tell me FD—has shooting rabbits solved the rabbit problem here?

It, and various other measures, have gone a long way to solving the actual problem. But rabbits do not eat other native species. No other introduced pest is responsible for as many extinctions as the cat. And yes, shooting cats can save those species from extinction.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 11:33am

Should start a cat meat export industry to China.
Tongue

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:11pm

So shooting, trapping and baiting has made no appreciable difference to the rabbit population.

But, apparently, shooting and trapping feral cats will work. Yeah—IT WILL WORK THIS TIME!

I think there are two people protecting a hobby—hunting—rather than trying to make a real difference to feral cat numbers.

1 + 4 - 1 = +4 

1 + 4 + 4 - 1 = +8

Shooting will not reduce feral cat numbers to any measurable extent. Saying shooting works means you think that 1 + 4 - 1 = -1

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:44pm

Quote:
So shooting, trapping and baiting has made no appreciable difference to the rabbit population.

Says who?

And why are you so desperate to change the topic from cats to rabbits?

Have you figured out yet why everyone thinks your idea is idiotic? Hint: you have been told several times.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:56pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 6th, 2022 at 6:03pm:
The inner city soy latte sipping recreational drug taking LGBTQI called the Greens want to ban hunting.

The only species that non aboriginal hunters can legally shoot are the imported ferals like Pigs Goats Foxes Rabbits Camels along with wild dogs and feral cats. Recreational hunters cannot legally shoot native species.

What is the Greens plan for these ferals is it to sing kumbayah and hold hands while passing a joint while these feral species decimate our native species?

Quote:
ANIMALS

26. A ban on recreational shooting of all animals, including Australian native water birds.

https://greens.org.au/policies/animals

The Greens will probably try to stop fishing next.

The Greens are a pox on Australia put them last or 2nd last with the Vegans from the Animal Justice Party on every ballot paper.

PETA advocates going vegan as one of the responses to the feral cat problem.
https://www.peta.org.au/issues/feral-cats/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

random
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:02pm

Definition of  feral. = is it not on the front verandah?

I have shot dozens/scores of cats.  The .223 rips them in half.  Otherwise it will take their heads off if you want to tan the hide.   Don't ask me how I know.

So many farkwits, so little time.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:02pm

freediver wrote on Jun 5th, 2022 at 12:44pm:
Quote:

Says who?

And why are you so desperate to change the topic from cats to rabbits?

Have you figured out yet why everyone thinks your idea is idiotic? Hint: you have been told several times.

I am comparing feral cat and rabbit populations, as even Booby could see. NOT changing the topic—that is your specialty.

We need to stop feral cats reproducing because shooting and trapping has not worked, has it?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:23pm

Quote:
We need to stop feral cats reproducing because shooting and trapping has not worked, has it?

Shooting them stops them from reproducing.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #58 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 1:59pm

Not if they already had or sired a litter. That is the item you will not accept because you want to go shooting.

So shoot—don’t pretend you are making the slightest difference to feral cat numbers tho.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Jun 5th, 2022 at 3:22pm

How does neutering a cat work any better than shooting it, if you are worried about them already having a litter?

Neutering programs are crueler than shooting a cat, are no better than shooting a cat at dealing with litters they have already had, fail to stop the cat killing endangered animals the way that a bullet does, and are prohibitively expensive.

By any measure you choose, they are worse. So why do you persist with this idiocy?

Quote:
That is the item you will not accept

I accept that it is your moronic argument.

Quote:
So shoot—don’t pretend you are making the slightest difference to feral cat numbers tho.

Shooting feral cats helps to save endangered species going extinct. Given our ability to hunt a species to extinction ourselves, it would take a complete moron to argue that hunting does not affect numbers of the target animal. For many animals targeted by hunters, careful management is needed to prevent the population crashing.

Again, why do you persist with your idiocy?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print