Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Green lunatics want to ban hunting (Read 7542 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Green lunatics want to ban hunting
Reply #30 - May 24th, 2022 at 12:20pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 1:31pm:
Quote:
No matter how many feral cats are shot if they have had even just one litter the feral cat population has increased.

Did you ever make it out of primary school Monk?

Monk reckons he has a BSc degree.      Grin

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 25th, 2022 at 11:19pm

Shooting in considered the most humane way of killing feral cats. I disagree with the graph on heart/lung shots being less humane like a head shot it's instant death when using centrefire rifle.

Most hunters carry something bigger than .223 Rem which isn't suited for feral pigs or Goats. A .243w is suitable for Pigs and Goats it's massive overkill for Cats. A 22-250 is like a high powered .223  the case has more capacity for gun powder than .223. I should point out the AR15 which people want banned uses .223 rem which is the ammo suggested for Feral Cats.

This is a little outdated hunters have ditched spotlights for thermal scopes  you can see just about everything out there in total darkness with thermal.

Quote:
GROUND SHOOTING OF FERAL CATS (CAT001) STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE

Firearms and ammunition
• Small bore, high velocity, centre fire rifles fitted with a telescopic sight are preferred eg .22-250,
.22 Hornet, .222 Remington, .223 or .243 Winchester. Hollow-point or soft-nosed ammunition
should always be used
• 12-gauge shotguns with heavy shot sizes of No. 2, SSG, BB or AAA may be effective, but only
up to a distance of 20 m from the target animal.
https://pestsmart.org.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/12/CAT001-SOP.pdf

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - May 26th, 2022 at 8:10pm

Just use drones and drop grenades.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:48am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 10:50am:
Quote:
No matter how many feral cats are shot if they have had even just one litter the feral cat population has increased.

It appears you did not, FD! Do feral cats breed, you think?

If you shoot and kill a feral cat that has had a litter or two have you reduced the feral cat population?

Yes Monk, you have reduced it by one. Do you need me to draw you a picture?

Baronvonrort wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 11:19pm:
Shooting in considered the most humane way of killing feral cats. I disagree with the graph on heart/lung shots being less humane like a head shot it's instant death when using centrefire rifle.

Most hunters carry something bigger than .223 Rem which isn't suited for feral pigs or Goats. A .243w is suitable for Pigs and Goats it's massive overkill for Cats. A 22-250 is like a high powered .223  the case has more capacity for gun powder than .223. I should point out the AR15 which people want banned uses .223 rem which is the ammo suggested for Feral Cats.

This is a little outdated hunters have ditched spotlights for thermal scopes  you can see just about everything out there in total darkness with thermal.

Quote:

Firearms and ammunition
• Small bore, high velocity, centre fire rifles fitted with a telescopic sight are preferred eg .22-250,
.22 Hornet, .222 Remington, .223 or .243 Winchester. Hollow-point or soft-nosed ammunition
should always be used
• 12-gauge shotguns with heavy shot sizes of No. 2, SSG, BB or AAA may be effective, but only

Monk would have us take the least humane method listed, add a surgical procedure to it - one that is fairly complicated for female cats - and then defeat the purpose by not actually killing the cat and letting it kill more endangered animals.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #34 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:19pm

So shoot ONE feral cat, young cats then compete to take over its territory, losing cats have to move elsewhere, increasing the range of feral cats.

BRAVO FD! You want feral cats to breed and succeed and kill more and more native wildlife! Too bad about sustainability, eh?

ONLY way shooting can work—fence off an area, shoot/trap/poison all cats.

Getting rid of feral cats acre by acre. Australia is only a few acres in extent, eh?

Did shooting/trapping/baiting rabbits work? Did myxomatosis? Did calicivirus? But just shooting will get rid of feral cats?

FD, did you make it out of primary school? Did you learn about animal reproduction before you were kicked out of primary school? Just how low is your IQ?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:40pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 10:21am:
The neutering is more like a vasectomy than a castration. It may be chemically done—I am not sure. Say a feral cat is trapped/neutered/released. It will continue to protect its territory so feral kittens cannot take it over. When a feral cat is shot kittens will move in, fight for the territory and one will take it over—they will breed faster than you can shoot them.

Similar programs with releasing neutered mosquitoes has resulted in a huge decrease in mosquito populations.

yes, I spoke with one of the scientists about that .
From memory, they grow the male mozzies in captivity, infect them with a faulty gene, then release them to the wild.
When they breed with a female they make that female sterile.
It is about breaking the breeding cycle.

I am not certain on that, this is just from memory.
But, there is some ....... 'quirk' on this process.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #36 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:47pm

Yup, one tomcat that fights to mate yet produces ZERO viable offspring—that will reduce feral cat numbers!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 7:06pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:47pm:
Yup, one tomcat that fights to mate yet produces ZERO viable offspring—that will reduce feral cat numbers!

Or, a tomcat that when they mate with a female render that female permanently sterile.
The female can never get pregnant again to any tomcat.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 9:49pm

freediver wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:48am:
Jovial Monk wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 10:50am:
Quote:

It appears you did not, FD! Do feral cats breed, you think?

If you shoot and kill a feral cat that has had a litter or two have you reduced the feral cat population?

Yes Monk, you have reduced it by one. Do you need me to draw you a picture?

Baronvonrort wrote on May 25th, 2022 at 11:19pm:

Quote:

Firearms and ammunition
should always be used

Monk would have us take the least humane method listed, add a surgical procedure to it - one that is fairly complicated for female cats - and then defeat the purpose by not actually killing the cat and letting it kill more endangered animals.

It's a good thing Monk is an incel who never got the chance to breed we have enough stupid people without him adding to those numbers.

If you shoot a cat it cannot eat any more of our native species.

If we follow Monks idiocy trapping then doing s surgical procedure on cats at great expense then nursing them back to health and releasing them they continue to eat our native species until they die.

What Monk is proposing is expensive and does nothing to stop that cat from eating our endangered species.

This guy is a rabbit hunter he likes eating them. The Greens and idiots like Monk would prefer he stopped hunting and drive into town and buy his rabbits from Coles Woolies or a butcher. If Sean sees a feral cat while hunting rabbits he will shoot it and that cat would not be able to eat any more of our endangered species.

Cat in this video dealt with far cheaper than Mongs idiocy and this method actually stops cats eating our native species.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 9:51pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 7:06pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:47pm:

Or, a tomcat that when they mate with a female render that female permanently sterile.
The female can never get pregnant again to any tomcat.

The problem is these cats are feasting on our native species which are becoming endangered.

Mongs idiocy does nothing to stop these cats feasting on our native species.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:08pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 6:19pm:
So shoot ONE feral cat, young cats then compete to take over its territory, losing cats have to move elsewhere, increasing the range of feral cats.

BRAVO FD! You want feral cats to breed and succeed and kill more and more native wildlife! Too bad about sustainability, eh?

ONLY way shooting can work—fence off an area, shoot/trap/poison all cats.

Young cats don't take over territory you really have NFI.Feral cats cover 95% of Australia.

If you shoot a cat it doesn't breed or eat any more of our endangered native species what part of this do you fail to comprehend?

How does your idiocy stop feral cats from eating our native species do carnivores become vegan after desexing?

We already shoot trap and try to poison cats for some reason idiots like you and the greens want to stop doing the most humane way of controlling them.

When a cat is trapped they shoot it before taking it out of the cage.

We lay poison baits with 1080 all over the countryside it can take up to 4 days to kill animals this way. Cats walk past these poison baits and kill then eat something fresh.

In case you missed it the greens want to ban all hunting.

Are we going to trap and desex wild dogs then release them as well? How does that stop wild dogs eating our native species?

Wild dogs killing Kangaroo

Wild dog chasing farmers sheep in beginning of video before coming into bow and arrow range.

If your mutt gets out and starts chasing a farmers animals that farmer will shoot your dog.

Monks idiocy is to desex all ferals then nurse them back to health then release them back into the wild which does nothing to protect our native species while spending  truckloads of money

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #41 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:12pm

Bobby. wrote on May 24th, 2022 at 12:20pm:
Quote:

Monk reckons he has a BSc degree.      Grin

In Sth Australia BSc stands for Bull Schitt. 😂🤣😆

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #42 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:58pm

All ferals?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #43 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:59pm

Why should i given a fig about what the Greens say they want? I despise the Greens.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jun 4th, 2022 at 11:06pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 4th, 2022 at 10:58pm:
All ferals?

The only species recreational hunters can legally shoot are the introduced feral species.

Aborigines are allowed to hunt native species

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print