Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Green lunatics want to ban hunting (Read 7544 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Green lunatics want to ban hunting
Reply #15 - May 18th, 2022 at 9:14pm

FD,
Quote:
I doubt it. Rodent populations basically fluctuate with food levels. It was the wet weather that lead to the plague. Lots of grass seed etc for them to eat.
We have plenty of predators snapping them up, but unless the plague goes on for long enough for them to breed up, it will be a food shortage that brings it to an end.

What predators other than cats kill mice?
Hawks?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #16 - May 18th, 2022 at 9:28pm

Bobby. wrote on May 18th, 2022 at 9:14pm:
FD,
Quote:
I doubt it. Rodent populations basically fluctuate with food levels. It was the wet weather that lead to the plague. Lots of grass seed etc for them to eat.
We have plenty of predators snapping them up, but unless the plague goes on for long enough for them to breed up, it will be a food shortage that brings it to an end.

Hawks?

I think snakes eat mice, but not many.
We should infect all cats with Feline leukemia.

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2022 at 10:11pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 2:56pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 16th, 2022 at 1:06am:
Jovial Monk wrote on May 13th, 2022 at 10:21am:
The neutering is more like a vasectomy than a castration. It may be chemically done—I am not sure. Say a feral cat is trapped/neutered/released. It will continue to protect its territory so feral kittens cannot take it over. When a feral cat is shot kittens will move in, fight for the territory and one will take it over—they will breed faster than you can shoot them.

It would be irresponsible to release a feral cat into the wild only idiots would do it.

Quote:
Australian wildlife 20 times more likely to encounter deadly feral cats than native predators

Researchers find invasive felines hunt with greater intensity, in broader environments and in greater numbers than equivalent native marsupial predator

Invasive cats, which kill billions of native animals each year, form a triple threat, the study finds, by hunting with greater intensity, in broader environments and in greater numbers than an equivalent native marsupial predator – the spotted-tailed quoll.

Feral cats have a devastating toll on Australia’s wildlife, killing an estimated 2bn animals every year and being implicated in at least 25 mammal extinctions and pressuring a further 124 threatened species.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/06/australian-wildlife-20-times...

If you're setting traps you're required to check the trap every day which involves a massive amount of work.

You're not going to handle a feral cat they're wild animals they will attack you so they have to be sedated at even more expense before removing them from trap.

Shooting is more effective than trapping for some reason cats aren't attracted to baits with traps or 1080 poison they prefer their food fresh so they walk past traps to kill our native species.

Quote:
Hunting shown to contribute more to the economy than the wool industry in NSW

Statistics from the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) showed that in the 2019-20 financial year, hunting was worth more than $1.4 billion to the state's economy.

Wool output in the same year was $1.09 billion, which the Department said was down six per cent year-on-year.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-01/hunting-economic-benefits/100248526?fbcli...

Thread here- https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1625913228

The greens idiocy in banning hunting will cost the economy billions of dollars and achieve nothing with controlling invasive feral animals.

I guess idiots can’t grasp how the neutering would reduce cat numbers.

Shooting can’t make a dent in the feral cat population.

People can read the idiocy in your post i should ban you for being an idiot yet probably better to have your reply here for all to read your idiocy.

Neutering cats means you have to trap them cats are the hardest animal to trap. You will not handle a feral cat they will scratch and bite then they would have to be sedated before removing them from the cage then you have the cost of neutering them. Your wimpy dog would run away from a feral cat.

These cats don't turn into vegans when neutered they're carnivores so releasing them into the wild is extremely stupid the thing with stupid people like you is you don't even realise how stupid you are yet everyone reading this can see it.

In case you didn't notice the Greens want to ban all hunting not just feral cats.

When people go hunting feral cats are something they pick off when they see them.

How many cats and foxes did this guy get along with feral pigs that feast on turtle eggs in QLD reducing their numbers?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2022 at 6:57pm

For the idiots:

If you shoot a feral cat that has had a litter of 4 kittens do you decrease the number of feral cats out there? Not really, one cat became five that became 4 when one was shot.

When a feral cat dies young cats will fight to take over the territory. If a feral cat is neutered and returned it will guard its territory so young cats cannot thrive.

A slightly complex idea, too complex for some idiots it appears! A similar program has radically reduced mosquito numbers in some places.

This program by itself is not enough. Want a cat? It must be desexed and you KEEP IT INSIDE! Have a netted enclosure with obstacles for the cat to climb.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:15pm

Baron to Monk,
Quote:
People can read the idiocy in your post i should ban you for being an idiot yet
probably better to have your reply here for all to read your idiocy.

Leave him alone - he has dementia.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:48pm

snakes, kestrels, hawks, owls, eagles, goannas, quolls, foxes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - May 19th, 2022 at 7:57pm

John Smith wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 7:48pm:

Thanks John.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2022 at 8:02pm

Bobby. wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 7:15pm:
Baron to Monk,
Quote:

You have dementia? Must be tough having dementia on top of idiocy!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - May 19th, 2022 at 8:07pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 8:02pm:
Baron to Monk,
Quote:

You have:

dementia,
anti social personality disorder,
Asperger's syndrome,
and possession by demons due to alcohol addiction.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - May 19th, 2022 at 8:28pm

Bobby. wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 8:07pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 8:02pm:
Baron to Monk,
Quote:

You have:

dementia,
anti social personality disorder,
Asperger's syndrome,
and possession by demons due to alcohol addiction.

Maybe monk could rupture their innards. He'd be a busy boy.

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 20th, 2022 at 6:44pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 6:57pm:
For the idiots:

If you shoot a feral cat that has had a litter of 4 kittens do you decrease the number of feral cats out there? Not really, one cat became five that became 4 when one was shot.

When a feral cat dies young cats will fight to take over the territory. If a feral cat is neutered and returned it will guard its territory so young cats cannot thrive.

A slightly complex idea, too complex for some idiots it appears! A similar program has radically reduced mosquito numbers in some places.

The only idiot here is you monk. You come to FD's forums because there are only a couple of idiots who post in your forum so being a pethetic old incel you need to come here to communicate with people.

Today when feral cats are trapped they shoot them before removing them from the trap. In fact just about every feral species that is trapped will be shot dead before removing them from a trap.

Your idiocy involves trying to avoid being scratched-bitten while giving them a cuddle after removing them from trap then neutering and nursing them back to health then releasing them back into the wild so they can continue driving our native species into extinction. Pure lunacy that belongs in an asylum.

Then you come up with bullshit about cats territory which is complete nonsense. Have a look at a map of feral cat populations in Australia they're everywhere.
https://www.awe.gov.au/sites/default/files/env/pages/907fcf93-baf3-4a8f-bfdb-70b...

Did you know Aborigines eat feral cats are they going to be off the menu for our natives if idiots like you have any say in this?

Shooting is considered the most humane method with killing these ferals.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - May 21st, 2022 at 7:11am

John Smith wrote on May 19th, 2022 at 7:48pm:

Crows are probably the biggest predator. There are a lot of sick ones now that have eaten too much ratsak. I once saw a kookaburra take one from my yard.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #27 - May 21st, 2022 at 8:46am

No matter how many feral cats are shot if they have had even just one litter the feral cat population has increased.

Blaze away all you like, display the bodies as trophies—if those cats have bred you have not reduced the feral cat population. Something more effective is needed.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2022 at 1:31pm

Quote:
No matter how many feral cats are shot if they have had even just one litter the feral cat population has increased.

Did you ever make it out of primary school Monk?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #29 - May 24th, 2022 at 10:50am

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2022 at 1:31pm:
Quote:

Did you ever make it out of primary school Monk?

It appears you did not, FD! Do feral cats breed, you think?

If you shoot and kill a feral cat that has had a litter or two have you reduced the feral cat population?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print