Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 119
Send Topic Print
Australia and NZ numbers for today: (Read 42177 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Australia and NZ numbers for today:
Reply #480 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:10pm

https://covidlive.com.au/

27th May  2022.

Australia -
Fauci/Chinese Covid bio weapon toll today:

Deaths 39,  cases 40,045, in hospital 2,863.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #481 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:10pm

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/467982/covid-19-update-25-more-deaths-6862-c...

Covid-19 update: 25 more deaths, 6862 community cases

reported in NZ today
about 1 hour ago

Twenty-five people with Covid-19 have died and another 6862 community cases have been notified, the Ministry of Health says.

In its latest update, the Ministry said in a statement that 350 people with the virus were in hospital, including 10 in intensive care. This compared with 355 hospital cases and 12 in ICU yesterday.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #482 - May 27th, 2022 at 3:35pm

From Melbourne Australia.
A reminder of the lockdown anger:

Daniel's Doughnuts Protest

https://www.bitchute.com/video/PG5nUaf8Rlus/

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #483 - May 28th, 2022 at 9:20am

Another
lives lost just for NSW and Victoria in the past 24 hours. Other States still to report in.

Some are saying a lot of these deaths are "catch up" deaths that happened weeks ago and they're only being reported now (after the Federal election, of course).

I also strongly suspect we're being 'drip fed' the death numbers (from all States) so it doesn't look so bad.
For example - 100 deaths in one day spread out over 5 days @ 20 deaths per day. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

WA definitely seems to be doing that because ALL of our daily deaths are reported as *historic*.

Will be interesting to see if governments and big business can gaslight the Australian population into accepting up to 20,000 Covid deaths a year in the same way they gaslit us into accepting up to 1,000 flu deaths a year.

They're already well on the way to doing it by the look of things. Fortunately, we have the Internet, email and social media these days so we don't have to totally rely on the mainstream "nothing to see here" media for "news" anymore.
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2022 at 9:34am by Carl D »  

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #484 - May 28th, 2022 at 10:45am

Carl D wrote on May 28th, 2022 at 9:20am:
Another
lives lost just for NSW and Victoria in the past 24 hours. Other States still to report in.

Some are saying a lot of these deaths are "catch up" deaths that happened weeks ago and they're only being reported now (after the Federal election, of course).

I also strongly suspect we're being 'drip fed' the death numbers (from all States) so it doesn't look so bad.
For example - 100 deaths in one day spread out over 5 days @ 20 deaths per day. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

WA definitely seems to be doing that because ALL of our daily deaths are reported as *historic*.

Will be interesting to see if governments and big business can gaslight the Australian population into accepting up to 20,000 Covid deaths a year in the same way they gaslit us into accepting up to 1,000 flu deaths a year.

They're already well on the way to doing it by the look of things. Fortunately, we have the Internet, email and social media these days so we don't have to totally rely on the mainstream "nothing to see here" media for "news" anymore.

Do you think governments can legislate disease out of existence?

Short of living in a self-imposed, hermetically sealed, prison, and you don't slip over in the shower or die from overstraining on the shitter, you can't avoid risk.

For the rest of us, having a viable economy outweighs the risk of catching, what is now, a mild variant of the disease.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #485 - May 28th, 2022 at 1:14pm

The death toll is high.

28th May  2022.

Australia -

Deaths 58,  cases 33,708, in hospital 2,715.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/468044/covid-19-update-13-more-deaths-6369-n...

New Zealand Covid-19
1:21 pm today

Covid-19 update: 13 more deaths, 6369 new community cases reported in NZ

In today's statement, the Ministry of Health said there were 362 people in hospital,
up from 350 yesterday, with six in ICU.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #486 - May 28th, 2022 at 2:22pm

500 people in May to this date catching covid in Rockhampton.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #487 - May 29th, 2022 at 6:25pm

29th May  2022.

Australia -

Deaths 30,  cases 27,716, in hospital 2,712.

New Zealand toll today.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/468093/covid-19-update-nine-more-deaths-4841...

Covid-19 update:
Nine more deaths, 4841 community cases in NZ

1:17 pm today

The Health Ministry said there were 383 people in hospital,
up from 362 yesterday, with four in ICU.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #488 - May 29th, 2022 at 6:46pm

I thought Anthony Albanese said his new government was going to hold a summit or a conference or something regarding Covid last week?

Has it actually happened yet? Or was it just a 'quickie' and the only thing to come out of it was a few more people will now be eligible for their second booster shots a bit earlier... was that all?

Nothing about trying to stop the horrendous death toll?

Maybe next week?

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #489 - May 29th, 2022 at 7:04pm

Carl D wrote on May 29th, 2022 at 6:46pm:
I thought Anthony Albanese said his new government was going to hold a summit or a conference or something regarding Covid last week?

Has it actually happened yet? Or was it just a 'quickie' and the only thing to come out of it was a few more people will now be eligible for their second booster shots a bit earlier... was that all?

Nothing about trying to stop the horrendous death toll?

Maybe next week?

There is nothing we can do now -
nothing that Albo can do -
we just have to hope for the best.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #490 - May 30th, 2022 at 9:55am

"Only" 4 deaths reported so far today from New South Wales and Victoria.

4 deaths too many, of course and I'd like to believe this is the start of a downward trend to zero but, sadly, I don't believe it will be.

Other States still to report in.

I must say I've now lost what little respect I had for ALL of the State Premiers (especially our own Mark McGowan) after they all decided to cave in to big business (and probably Scott Morrison) and rely entirely on vaccines + "let it rip" with the predictable huge increase in cases and deaths.

I'm still hoping Anthony Albanese and the Federal ALP can do something... even if it's just a national advertising campaign recommending people wear masks (and advertising masks as protections and not restrictions) but I'm not too hopeful at this stage (because international tourists might be put off by seeing everyone wearing masks and having to wear one themselves).

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #491 - May 30th, 2022 at 10:07am

The West coast eagles are a far bigger problem for most western Australians then a mild respiratory virus

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #492 - May 30th, 2022 at 12:11pm

Carl D wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 9:55am:

4 deaths too many, of course and I'd like to believe this is the start of a downward trend to zero but, sadly, I don't believe it will be.

I must say I've now lost what little respect I had for ALL of the State Premiers (especially our own Mark McGowan) after they all decided to cave in to big business (and probably Scott Morrison) and rely entirely on vaccines + "let it rip" with the predictable huge increase in cases and deaths.

I'm still hoping Anthony Albanese and the Federal ALP can do something... even if it's just a national advertising campaign recommending people wear masks (and advertising masks as protections and not restrictions) but I'm not too hopeful at this stage (because international tourists might be put off by seeing everyone wearing masks and having to wear one themselves).

I still think people should wear masks when shopping
especially in supermarkets.
Anything to slow down the disease.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #493 - May 30th, 2022 at 1:33pm

Bobby. wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 12:11pm:
Carl D wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 9:55am:

I still think people should wear masks when shopping
especially in supermarkets.
Anything to slow down the disease.

wont work bobby.

everyone is going to have to face down omicron , possibly multiple times (unless you want to live like a hermit).

you should think of omicron the way you would think of a bill in the mail from the tax office.

saying we should all wear masks, is like saying we should all let down the tyres on australia post vans because it will "slow the spread" of those tax bills.

wont work

the bills are coming and they will get to you eventually and covid is coming and it will get to you eventually.

prepare!!!

lose weight
excellent nutrition
positive mental state
good sleep

then accept that it is highly unlikely you will see the year 2080 (covid or no covid)  and enjoy what little time you have left by crushing it in life

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #494 - May 30th, 2022 at 1:42pm

aquascoot wrote on May 30th, 2022 at 1:33pm:
wont work bobby.

everyone is going to have to face down omicron , possibly multiple times (unless you want to live like a hermit).

you should think of omicron the way you would think of a bill in the mail from the tax office.

saying we should all wear masks, is like saying we should all let down the tyres on australia post vans because it will "slow the spread" of those tax bills.

wont work

the bills are coming and they will get to you eventually and covid is coming and it will get to you eventually.

prepare!!!

lose weight
excellent nutrition
positive mental state
good sleep

then accept that it is highly unlikely you will see the year 2080 (covid or no covid)  and enjoy what little time you have left by crushing it in life

Well -
I'm still recovering after my flu vax 2 weeks ago.
My doctor prescribed me some medication today.
He reckons that I must have had the start of a cold when I got the vax
as it couldn't be the vax that did it as the virus in the vax is dead.
Anyway - I've gone from 300 tissues per day down to 50 tissues per day
so that's an improvement.
Bloody hell - there are so many bugs going around these days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 119
Send Topic Print