Dutton    
  0 (0.0%)
Someone Else    
  3 (100.0%)

Total votes: 3
« Created by: Grappler Truth Teller Feller on: Aug 20th, 2023 at 9:59am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Albo government scorecard (Read 28257 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Albo government scorecard
Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2022 at 5:32pm

June, 2022 - Albanese commenced a Royal Commission into the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

June, 2022 - Albanese introduced an amnesty for the overpayment of Jobkeeper, where companies that received funds while being ineligible would be able to repay the money without penalty until the end of September. Albanese foreshadowed tougher measures to come to recover this money.

June, 2022 - Albanese announced a Royal Commission into the media industry. Former Prime Ministers Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull were appointed as joint Commissioners.

July, 2022 - The legislation for the National Integrity Commission passed the Parliament. It will commence operation in November after it receives funding.

August, 2022 - The writs for the by-election for the seat of Cook were issued after former Prime Minister Morrison quit politics.

October, 2022 - Treasurer Chalmers brings down a mini-Budget. Among the savings measures are the defunding of offshore detention, formal measures to recover Jobkeeper overpayments with penalty interest and the creation of the National Integrity Commission with a $550 million budget.

August, 2023 - Angus Taylor becomes the first former member of the Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison government to be jailed for corruption. Taylor, who lost his seat of Hume at the 2022 election, received a sentence of seven years. He has indicated that he will appeal.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 4th, 2022 at 8:17pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Feb 2nd, 2022 at 2:13pm:
Might as well start this thread now.

The result is in the bag this year.

How long have the libs been in govt? how many scorecards did you keep?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 7:00am

Bam wrote on Feb 4th, 2022 at 5:10pm:
issuevoter wrote on Feb 4th, 2022 at 4:28pm:
Anyone claiming Refugee status gets to come to Australia and are supported by tax-payer while their claims are evaluated.

If that happened, the cost of processing refugees would be reduced by about 99%.

We're paying over one million dollars per year for every political prisoner.

Do you think that's a good use of money?

Current policy has slowed the flow to very few. Labor will open Australia's border to anyone making the claim.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 8:26am

I hope the Australian Greens do well at the next election.  The Greens have had the balance of power in the senate before, and this could happen again.  If one looks at some of the things greens want to do, they do have some very good ideas.   Smiley

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 9:55am

issuevoter wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 7:00am:
Anyone claiming Refugee status gets to come to Australia and are supported by tax-payer while their claims are evaluated.

If that happened, the cost of processing refugees would be reduced by about 99%.

Current policy has slowed the flow to very few. Labor will open Australia's border to anyone making the claim.

Any person claiming asylum seeker status is entitled to do so at any point of entry .... they have the right to be evaluated and vetted for security etc .... it is cheaper if they come onshore here and are processed in community where they can begin to see The Australian WOP Way
(there's no Australian Way now)
, learn the ropes and see if they fit in.

Perhaps you should discuss immigration policy and mix.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2022 at 10:04am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 10:03am

John Smith wrote on Feb 4th, 2022 at 8:17pm:

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well John Smith ...

I joined this board in October 2018.

Morrison was already PM (Since Aug 2018)

I did reference the former PM (Turnbull) in this thread:

Fizza and the giant whinge
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1587091282

I started one on Shorten assuming he would win last time, but he blew himself up with a very badly devised policy on Franking Credits - he thus became history...  Shocked

Shorten Goverment Scorecard
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1558166735

Rather than start a thread specifically on the Morrison Government Scorecard, (which to me is basically following the opinion poll trends and discussing major implosions) I was contributing to this thread instead:

ScoMo v Albaneasy
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1599692642

Now, I have started a thread on the Albo Government Scorecard assuming that Albo will indeed win in May.
Having no shockingly badly devised policies this time, he is IMHO a shoo-in.

Albo government scorecard
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1643775238

So, in summary, I have been tracking the scorecard of every possible Government since joining this board in October 2018.  Cool

(I'm a bit of an amateur psephologist)

That's why I have come to the conclusion that Albo is going to win in May. The only factor that was a roadblock for him was his low score as Preferred PM. He needed to get to 40% + and now he has got there.  He got there months out from the election and he is a bit more popular than Shorten was.

That, coupled with the jettisoning of policies that cost Labor votes last time all bode well for a Labor win in May.  Wink

Mind you, the Coalition is really losing the election rather than Labor winning it - but that is a common thing in Australian politics.

You should be happy John, you and your fellow Labor Luvvies have this one in the bag.
  Smiley

p.s.

I find it pretty difficult to search this forum for threads started by a particular member. On the other boards I frequent (BTW on those boards I have threads on many government scorecards : Howard; Rudd; Gillard; Abbott; Turnbull; Morrison) it is easy to find threads started by member name.

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2022 at 10:21am by Captain Nemo »  

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 4:27pm

Illegal immigrants increased during the term of the current Coalition government. People overstayed their visas and disappeared into the community.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 4:46pm

Bam wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 4:27pm:

Illegal immigrants increased during the term of the current Coalition government. People overstayed their visas and disappeared into the community.

That is bad but it is better to have overstayers than illegal entrants because with the former you at least know who they are.

A big problem is with asylum claims because once you utter the magic word ' asylum' you go straight onto a bridging visa while your claims and appeals are heard on the taxpayer's expense. The bridging visa allows you to work unlimited hours, which your tourist or student visa does not.
And assessment, appeals and more appeals take years. Deportation requires your home country to accept you back. Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Eritrea do not. We should not give ANY visas to citizens of countries who do not take back failed asylum seekers.

'Refugees' from non-neighbouring countries entering on a visa should be rejected automatically unless circumstances changed in their countries AFTER they entered Australia.  Illegal entrants from non-neighbouring countries should be continued to be detained and rejected automatically.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 5:53pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 10:03am:
John Smith wrote on Feb 4th, 2022 at 8:17pm:

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well John Smith ...

I joined this board in October 2018.

Morrison was already PM (Since Aug 2018)

I did reference the former PM (Turnbull) in this thread:

Fizza and the giant whinge
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1587091282

I started one on Shorten assuming he would win last time, but he blew himself up with a very badly devised policy on Franking Credits - he thus became history...  Shocked

Shorten Goverment Scorecard
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1558166735

Rather than start a thread specifically on the Morrison Government Scorecard, (which to me is basically following the opinion poll trends and discussing major implosions) I was contributing to this thread instead:

ScoMo v Albaneasy
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1599692642

Now, I have started a thread on the Albo Government Scorecard assuming that Albo will indeed win in May.
Having no shockingly badly devised policies this time, he is IMHO a shoo-in.

Albo government scorecard
https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1643775238

So, in summary, I have been tracking the scorecard of every possible Government since joining this board in October 2018.  Cool

(I'm a bit of an amateur psephologist)

That's why I have come to the conclusion that Albo is going to win in May. The only factor that was a roadblock for him was his low score as Preferred PM. He needed to get to 40% + and now he has got there.  He got there months out from the election and he is a bit more popular than Shorten was.

That, coupled with the jettisoning of policies that cost Labor votes last time all bode well for a Labor win in May.  Wink

Mind you, the Coalition is really losing the election rather than Labor winning it - but that is a common thing in Australian politics.

You should be happy John, you and your fellow Labor Luvvies have this one in the bag.
  Smiley

p.s.

I find it pretty difficult to search this forum for threads started by a particular member. On the other boards I frequent (BTW on those boards I have threads on many government scorecards : Howard; Rudd; Gillard; Abbott; Turnbull; Morrison) it is easy to find threads started by member name.

ahh, so you never kept a scorecard. thanks

and the search function on this site sux

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 5:58pm

Frank wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 4:46pm:
A big problem is with asylum claims because once you utter the magic word ' asylum' you go straight onto a bridging visa while your claims and appeals are heard on the taxpayer's expense.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

don't pretend you give a crap about taxpayer expense. The libs are spending FAR FAR more than labor ever did

Quote:
For the Australian government, the annual cost, per person, of detaining and/or processing refugees and asylum seekers has been estimated as follows:

almost $3.4m to hold someone offshore in Nauru or Papua New Guinea;
$362,000 to hold someone in detention in Australia; and
$4,429 for an asylum seeker to live in the community on a bridging visa while their claim is processed.

The Refugee Council of Australia has compiled a detailed list of offshore processing costs by category, and notes that processing asylum seekers offshore has cost the Australian government $8.3 billion between 2014 and 2020

Quote:
In April 2014, the National Commission of Audit reported that between 2009-10 and 2013-14 spending on the detention and processing of asylum seekers who arrived by boat increased from $118.4 million per year to $3.3 billion per year.

https://www.kaldorcentre.unsw.edu.au/publication/cost-australias-asylum-policy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 6:06pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 5:58pm:
A big problem is with asylum claims because once you utter the magic word ' asylum' you go straight onto a bridging visa while your claims and appeals are heard on the taxpayer's expense.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

don't pretend you give a crap about taxpayer expense. The libs are spending FAR FAR more than labor ever did

Quote:
For the Australian government, the annual cost, per person, of detaining and/or processing refugees and asylum seekers has been estimated as follows:

$4,429 for an asylum seeker to live in the community on a bridging visa while their claim is processed.

The Refugee Council of Australia has compiled a detailed list of offshore processing costs by category, and notes that processing asylum seekers offshore has cost the Australian government $8.3 billion between 2014 and 2020

Quote:
In April 2014, the National Commission of Audit reported that between 2009-10 and 2013-14 spending on the detention and processing of asylum seekers who arrived by boat increased from $118.4 million per year to $3.3 billion per year.

Deterrence.

The cost would a lot more if the fakers weren't deterred.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #26 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 6:20pm

Signs Treaty with Indigenous First Australians ... rioting and marches of Indigenous escalate along with demands for huge tracts of the best land, and that White people should give their homes to Indigenous and get out.  Police are on the lookout for massive retaliation and payback, but are incapable of stopping the civil war developing.

Mandates that women receive the same pay as men every week ... the current woman's premium from being slotted into the well paid easy jobs escalates to 25% per hour over what men earn for the exact same work.  Women working at Woolies earn the same as a top male surgeon.

Gives massive influx of cash to Race Commission .. White people immediately pilloried daily as racists and treated with contempt by all other groups, who demand that they go back to where they came from.

Signs into law Rights for Gays etc to prosecute others on the basis of feelings .... explosions of violence on all sides in the streets... near civil war begins.

Perverts law so as to permit guilt by accusation and instant incarceration in any allegation made by a woman of sexual misconduct .. massive escalation in open conflict between men and women and rising death toll, primarily of the physically weaker ones .... revenge attacks increase to the point of being unstoppable, a true tsunami.

Legislates the Right of younger people to possess what the older generations have worked to own ... Old White People are assaulted and robbed and their homes stolen by tricks, and most are forced into gulag style nursing homes or tenant houses, where they share with countless others.  Courts stand by and allow this to happen.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 8:07pm

Frank wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 6:06pm:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:

Quote:

Deterrence.

woulda coulda shoulda .... you've been conned.  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 5th, 2022 at 9:07pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 8:07pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 6:06pm:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:

Quote:

Deterrence.

woulda coulda shoulda .... you've been conned.  Roll Eyes

Thank you, moron - let's just let them all in and save!!!!

You have garlic flavoured concrete for brains, gino.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Feb 6th, 2022 at 10:06am

Frank wrote on Feb 5th, 2022 at 9:07pm:
Thank you, moron - let's just let them all in and save!!!!

You have garlic flavoured concrete for brains, gino.

you realise being a bombastic moron won't hide your stupidity on this matter? right?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Send Topic Print