Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29
Send Topic Print
WOKE, taken to a new level of stupidity (Read 12835 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: WOKE, taken to a new level of stupidity
Reply #360 - Sep 21st, 2022 at 12:39pm

The unravelling of multiculturalism
How identity politics is whipping up hatred and violence in our communities.

There are two disturbing things about the Muslim-Hindu clashes in Leicester. The first is the violence itself. Gangs of men have clashed across the city. Hundreds of Muslim and Hindu youths in balaclavas and Covid masks – those plague-era face-coverings still have their uses, it seems – have confronted each other on normally quiet suburban streets. Glass bottles have been thrown, a knife was allegedly wielded (one man was arrested on suspicion of possessing a ‘bladed article’). It really blew up on Saturday night into Sunday morning, as the rest of the country was preparing for the queen’s funeral. You couldn’t have asked for a better, more depressing snapshot of fragmented Britain: a display of solemn unity in Westminster, violent religious streetfighting in Leicester.

The second disturbing thing is the moral evasion of the elites. The political and media establishments seem utterly unwilling to grapple, honestly, with this explosion of identitarian tension on the streets of England. Even where they do talk about Leicester’s strife, evasion remains the name of the game. It’s all the fault of outsiders, many are saying. As the Leicester Mercury summed it up, it is being ‘widely claimed’ that ‘a number of more recent migrants to the city hold far-right Hindu nationalist views’. Those backward Indians coming over here and disrupting our multicultural paradise. This is issue-avoidance on an epic scale. Blaming foreign agents for clashes in the Midlands is a desperate attempt to distract attention from the domestic ideologies that have whipped up identitarian tension. Primarily the ideology of multiculturalism, that hyper-divisive worldview. It is that ideology’s unravelling we are now witnessing in Leicester.

With depressing predictability, the discussion about Leicester is morphing into yet another effort by the guardians of multicultural correct-think to distract attention from some of the problems associated with Islam and integration in modern Britain. This reflects another poisonous element of multiculturalism: the creation of an identitarian hierarchy. Such is the fragmenting dynamic of the identitarian worldview that it now even divides communities by moral worth. You’re either ‘privileged’, and thus suspect, or ‘oppressed’, and thus good. Britain’s Indian-heritage communities have firmly been placed in the ‘privileged’ camp. Consider the extraordinary double standards the woke elites display when discussing the Hindu community vs the Muslim community. Indian protesters in Leicester have widely been referred to as ‘far right’. Yet if any commentator refers to radical Islamists as ‘far right’ or ‘fascistic’, they risk being denounced as Islamophobic. In the identitarian ideology, Hindus are fair game for criticism, even hate, whereas Muslims must always be protected from criticism, debate and any kind of blame whatsoever.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/09/20/leicester-and-the-unravelling-of-multic...

Woke new elites ridicule the idea of a common culture, and at the same time elevate some communities as perfect and blameless while denouncing others as privileged and extreme. It is all a recipe for separatist mayhem. We don’t need foreign agents to come here and divide the people. Our own establishments have already done a fine and terrifying job of that.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #361 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 8:44am

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 12:30pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 8:47am:
You debate?  There's always a first time for everything...

You have a certain style of 'debating' ...

Careful Grapps, you are on notice re debating ...#1117 in the "voice" thread needs addressing.  ("CDEP participants showed reduced drunkenness and incarceration rates cf the unemployed").

You'll have to link that or it falls into the category of 'women suffer more in wars'....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #362 - Sep 22nd, 2022 at 10:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 22nd, 2022 at 8:44am:
thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 12:30pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 21st, 2022 at 8:47am:
You debate?  There's always a first time for everything...

You have a certain style of 'debating' ...

Careful Grapps, you are on notice re debating ...#1117 in the "voice" thread needs addressing.  ("CDEP participants showed reduced drunkenness and incarceration rates cf the unemployed").

You'll have to link that or it falls into the category of 'women suffer more in wars'....

So you are suggesting you can't find the "voice will be heard" thread which you have been inhabiting non-stop for the last fortnight and more - go on, and the link is on #1117......as you well know, unless in fact you DON'T read the posts to which you are replying. 

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #363 - Jun 27th, 2023 at 8:40am

Ernest Hemingway masterpiece given a trigger warning by publisher

The marking of the new editions of the Nobel Prize-winner’s work has been branded “alarming” and “stupid” by Heminway experts, and likened to tobacco companies putting health warnings on cigarette packs.

Prof Richard Bradford, author of the 2018 Hemingway biography The Man Who Wasn’t There, told the Telegraph:  “The publisher’s comments would be hilarious, were they not also alarming.

"They state that despite reprinting the book unaltered they do not wish to endorse the ‘cultural representations or language contained herein’.

“This would be understandable had they brought out a new translation of Mein Kampf.

“They seem to imply that, because it’s a literary classic, they’re willing to take a deep breath and warn readers with delicate sensibilities that something in it might unsettle them.

“Scrutinise any novel or poem written at any time, and search for a passage that could create unease for persons who are obsessed with themselves, and you’ll find one.

“And then every publication will need to carry a warning like this, the verbal equivalent of photos of cancer ridden lungs which now decorate cigarette packets.

Publishers and the literary establishment as a whole now seem to be informed by a blend of stupidity and bullying regarding what readers should be allowed to think.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/24/ernest-hemingway-novel-trigger-warni...

They are pandering to the Mothras, Bbwians, Sad Kangaroos of this world.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #364 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 7:03am

Wake up to Woke!

Over-indulged by parents who told them they were special, they are terrified by the adult world of competition and thus rage against capitalism; cutting their wisdom teeth in the echo-chamber of social media, their pursuit of those who refuse to parrot their claims (men can be women, prostitution is work like any other) at times resembles every witch hunt from Salem to #MeToo. A recent survey by the think-tank Policy Exchange claimed that fewer than half of British university students support freedom of speech.

It’s not just the style but the content of their arguments which make woke reactionary rather than revolutionary. It takes in activists who claim that lesbianism is “transphobic” and that sportswomen should accept second place to competitors who were born male, Fauxminists who believe that a permanent underclass of prostituted women is acceptable and that wearing a hijab is subversive, Antifa in America and Corbynite clowns who repeat ancient anti-Semitic tropes about the Jews - and princes who seem to believe in the divine right of kings when it comes to being criticised. Their analysis of class oppression is conspicuous in its absence, fitting for a group to whom only the personally experienced is political. Thus an unemployed middle-aged manual worker in the American Rust Belt has more “privilege” than Meghan Markle due to being a white male.

This is not politics; this is the roar of the entitled mediocre, desperate to hold centre stage and terrified by any challenge to their flimsy sense of self - a temper-tantrum with a socially concerned alibi. The woke are self-centred to the point where they care so much about “micro-aggressions” towards themselves that they don’t seem to care about atrocities that happen to others in “faraway countries of which we know nothing” to quote Chamberlain on Czechoslovakia.

Hence:

Being called “Darlin’” by a bus-driver = Evil.

Female genital mutilation = It’s Their Culture.

And now even that Santa Claus of the woke, that unimpeachably beautiful first black American President, Barack Obama, has critiqued his fractious fans: “This idea of purity and you’re never compromised and you’re always politically woke… you should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities… There is this sense sometimes of: ‘The way of me making change is to be as judgmental as possible… If I tweet or hashtag about how you didn’t do something right… I can sit back and feel pretty good about myself - man, you see how woke I was…’ That’s not activism. That’s not bringing about change. If all you’re doing is casting stones.”
Julie Burchill

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #365 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 12:35pm

Target Releases Trans Muslim Chinese Quadruple Amputee Santa

MINNEAPOLIS, MN — Target executives announced this week the most intersectional Santa decoration ever, a limbless and not-so-jolly blob of an elf.

"We are proud to unveil the first-ever Chinese, Muslim, transgender, quadruple amputee Santa doll," Target executive Nancy Jones commented to reporters. "When you look at this totally immobile Chinese elf trying to bow to Allah, well - we think you'll see the true meaning of Christmas."

The new, incredibly inclusive Santa decoration has already hit store shelves to much fanfare. "I never in a million years thought I'd see a Santa doll that so accurately represented who I am," said Muhamed Wong, the sole member of the trans Muslim Chinese quadruple amputee community. "I salute Target for finally making a holiday doll that includes people like me. Well, I mean I would salute Target, but I don't have any arms. Allah willing, I'm going to roll myself home with my new Santa doll and proudly display it to my friends coming over for Kung Pao chicken."

Target says they hope the release of this new Santa doll will further their agenda of inclusion, diversity, and lower stock prices.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #366 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 1:37pm

Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #367 - Jan 5th, 2024 at 8:43am

Licence to offend: BFI season gives James Bond films trigger warnings
The season celebrating the work of British composer John Barry flags films from the 60s and 70s that contain outdated language, images and stereotypes that will cause offence

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2024/jan/04/licence-to-offend-bfi-season-gives-...

The world wasn't always woke! How triggering!  Cry Cry

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #368 - Jan 5th, 2024 at 11:13am

Just like climate change.

Woke is another way to control the masses.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #369 - Jan 5th, 2024 at 11:21am

1. The bottom line is destroy the family which is most peoples foundation.

2. Destroy the peoples history.

3. Control their movements eg. you can only fly once every three years to maintain your carbon footprint, you can only drive 40kl every week to maintain your carbon footprint etc etc etc

4. And of course control the people financially which has been going on and started with the Hawke Keating government who ushered in Neo Liberalism over keynesian economics, ever since that day the middle class has been shrinking.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #370 - Jan 5th, 2024 at 1:23pm

Wouldn't have taken much effort to get to a new level of stupidity...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #371 - Jan 12th, 2024 at 9:38am

The Language of Astronomy Is Needlessly Violent and Inaccurate
Astronomy is beautiful and elegant. The language we use to describe its processes is anything but

BY JUAN P. MADRID

"As astronomers, we must strive to create a more inclusive and diverse community that reflects the composition of our society."

"Valuable efforts to provide opportunities for women and minorities to succeed in astronomy have been created. However, by many metrics, the progress made towards gender equality and true diversity has been painfully slow."

Cheesy Cheesy

From the what is laughably called theScientific American.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #372 - Jan 12th, 2024 at 10:00am

Arising into popular culture in the 2010s, Wokeism, with all its DEI, hyper-obsession with extreme equality and absolute equity, is a manifestation of the Millennials' arrival as the dominant political, cultural, social and economic generational overlords - a status that is set to remain dominant until about 2050.

Having been raised by the Boomers, and inculcated with the myth that everyone can be anyone they want to be - to 'do want they want to do, be what they want to be', with a religious disregard to their respective limits regarding talent, ability, physical or intellectual capacity, has resulted in almost an entire generation within the Anglosphere retreating into a mass shared delusion.

A shared delusion where its proponents pretend they don't see that the 'champion runner' has no legs, and insist that the rest of the world doesn't see it either.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #373 - Jan 12th, 2024 at 10:40am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jan 12th, 2024 at 10:00am:
Arising into popular culture in the 2010s, Wokeism, with all its DEI, hyper-obsession with extreme equality and absolute equity, is a manifestation of the Millennials' arrival as the dominant political, cultural, social and economic generational overlords - a status that is set to remain dominant until about 2050.

Having been raised by the Boomers, and inculcated with the myth that everyone can be anyone they want to be - to 'do want they want to do, be what they want to be', with a religious disregard to their respective limits regarding talent, ability, physical or intellectual capacity, has resulted in almost an entire generation within the Anglosphere retreating into a mass shared delusion.

A shared delusion where its proponents pretend they don't see that the 'champion runner' has no legs, and insist that the rest of the world doesn't see it either.

Some of the worst woketers are boomers. They used to be commies.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #374 - Jan 12th, 2024 at 10:45am

Frank wrote on Jan 12th, 2024 at 10:40am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jan 12th, 2024 at 10:00am:

Some of the worst woketers are boomers. They used to be commies.

Communism was a failed ideology by the 1980's.

Wokeism began its rise into mainstream popularity in the 2010s when the early Millennials turned 30 and has developed further into the 2020s as the early Millennials reach their 40s - decades after Boomer popular culture was at its zenith.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29
Send Topic Print