Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
missing spearo off Cairns (Read 3172 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
missing spearo off Cairns
Oct 29th, 2021 at 10:59am

Does anyone else think it is strange they haven't said anything since about the cause of death?

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/search-called-off-for-cairns-missing-spear-fisherman-188606

19 October 2021

Torrance Sambo, became separated from his companion at Sudbury Reef, near Fitzroy Island off the Cairns coast on Saturday in a diving expedition.

Queensland Police Senior Sergeant Matt Cornish said the decision to call off the search was a joint effort.

On Monday police divers located items found on the sea floor belonging to Mr Sambo including flippers.

Detectives are now investigating whether the disappearance could be linked to a shark abduction.

“They have not ruled that out at this stage and they will be looking at any piece of evidence available to find out what happened to this man, to be able to give family and friends closure,” Sergeant Cornish said.

The extensive search covered more than 135 sq/km along the coast.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: missing spearo off Cairns
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:12am

freediver wrote on Oct 29th, 2021 at 10:59am:

Does anyone else think it is strange they haven't said anything since about the cause of death?

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/search-called-off-for-cairns-missing-spear-fisherman-188606

19 October 2021

Torrance Sambo, became separated from his companion at Sudbury Reef, near Fitzroy Island off the Cairns coast on Saturday in a diving expedition.

Queensland Police Senior Sergeant Matt Cornish said the decision to call off the search was a joint effort.

On Monday police divers located items found on the sea floor belonging to Mr Sambo including flippers.

Detectives are now investigating whether the disappearance could be linked to a shark abduction.

“They have not ruled that out at this stage and they will be looking at any piece of evidence available to find out what happened to this man, to be able to give family and friends closure,” Sergeant Cornish said.

freeddiver,

"a shark abduction" ?

I've never heard a shark attack, described as 'a shark abduction' before !        Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:44am

Yadda wrote on Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:12am:

19 October 2021

freeddiver,

"a shark abduction" ?

I've never heard a shark attack, described as 'a shark abduction' before !        Grin

It's all part of WOKE.

You can't say anyone or anything is violent or that anyone was attacked.

So you say abduction.

Like the good old muzzo mayor who spoke of a terrorist attack murdering a politician as.
"He passed away"

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 1:26pm

Has the 'shark' sent a ransom note?  Undecided

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 8:09pm

Did the find a body or parts or just some of his things?

They do have crocs up there can we rule that out or is it a possibility?

Some new advice for dealing with severe leg injuries to stop bleeding from femoral artery.

shark_attack.jpg (181 KB | 15 )
shark_attack.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2021 at 8:12pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 1st, 2021 at 8:09pm:

Did the find a body or parts or just some of his things?

They do have crocs up there can we rule that out or is it a possibility?

Some new advice for dealing with severe leg injuries to stop bleeding from femoral artery.

Yeah, that's recently made it to the SLSC community. It seems obvious and wonder why it wasn't thought of before.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2021 at 6:36pm

I think they just found his belongings. No body parts. I'm thinking shark, croc, SWB, boatstrike, jellyfish, suicide or murder.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2021 at 3:43pm

I'll go murder.
That's what Dive Buddies are for when a big shark approaches (stab your buddy).

Shark Abduction. Another Woke/Political Correctness mental fart from a Media that can't even use the Australian words like Gaol, instead using the USA 'Jail' on their front pages. Talk about arse ass up.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2021 at 6:24pm

It might offend people who identify as a shark if you suggest they are violent enough to attack people.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2021 at 6:38pm

freediver wrote on Nov 12th, 2021 at 6:24pm:
It might offend people who identify as a shark if you suggest they are violent enough to attack people.

Yes, considering 95% of people who identify as being a Shark, do not attack people.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2021 at 3:30pm

Jasin wrote on Nov 13th, 2021 at 6:38pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 12th, 2021 at 6:24pm:

Yes, considering 95% of people who identify as being a Shark, do not attack people.

Most sharks are harmless and beneficial, blaming sharks for every bloody leg severing and death is sharkist and should be discouraged.

How many people's have actually got to know a shark?
I'm bet you all get out of the water when a shark comes around, how do you know It's not one of the harmless ones?

You are all sharkophobes and should be ashamed of yourselves
Tutt Tutt.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Nov 20th, 2021 at 9:17pm

I wish ScoMo would take a swim off Cape Schanck

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2021 at 9:26pm

freediver wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 6:36pm:
I think they just found his belongings. No body parts. I'm thinking shark, croc, SWB, boatstrike, jellyfish, suicide or murder.

Do you have a dive buddy when you freedive?

The recent attack in WA they only found his goggles there was a witness to say it was a shark attack.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2021 at 9:33pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 20th, 2021 at 9:26pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 2nd, 2021 at 6:36pm:

Do you have a dive buddy when you freedive?

The recent attack in WA they only found his goggles there was a witness to say it was a shark attack.

It was always the Golden Rule for free diving [years ago].....

Never dive alone.   Always dive with another dive buddy.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2021 at 8:02am

I used to do a lot of spearing alone. Not so much these days. Too many sharks trying to take my catch. But it adds another complication to what is already a tricky thing to get right. So I don't go spearing as often these days. I don't push myself too hard with the freediving.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2021 at 8:23am

Dived and freedived often alone.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 4:31pm

Fairly positive article on the ABC about spearfishing:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-18/spearfishing-booms-despite-risks-of-sharks-crocs-blackouts/103586554

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 4:49pm

I must admit that I probably wouldn't be as daring up in Queensland, as I am here in NSW.
Especially with those Crocs and even Irukandji. A lot more big Tiger Sharks up there too.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print