Send Topic Print
Interest rates go up (Read 3255 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Interest rates go up
Oct 20th, 2021 at 6:49pm

Yep. Mortgage interest rates on owner occupied and investment properties are up as of today.

Last month...lending criteria tightened.

Yet the Sydney housing market is STILL showing no signs of slowing down. At all.

If you've fixed your owner occupied/investment home loan facilities for the next 2/3 years you're essentially ok. For now.

If you've not availed yourself of the lowest interest rates in 60 years .... it's probably too late. Once borders open and immigration resumes the demand for housing will continue to push the Sydney housing market upwards.

The next 3 years will be hectic. Why? Supply chain issues will mean higher prices at the supermarket.

Hold onto your hats everyone. We're in for one hell of a bumpy ride.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Interest rates go up
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 12:56am

Been waiting for that.... amazingly the property now owned has risen about 30% in the few months we, the ex and I, have been here, with our additions of a big solar system and extra water tanks and such, and finishing off what the previous owners did not do. 

There are NO properties for sale here at the moment!!  Lakeside, peaceful, no housos... whale watching in season.... what more could you want?

As long as the madness persists and prices go up and up, and those silly enough to commit themselves to a fifty year mortgage will continue to buy into the market, this will continue.

I can benefit... future generations?

FOOTNOTE:- My son and daughter keep working to try for a deposit... guess they'll have to rely on their parents, YES?

FFS.........

Colonel Ludlow traveled over the mountains .... he said to escape the madness..... but the madness followed....
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2021 at 1:02am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:28am

I blame Obama.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:40am

I refinanced (USA) at 2.25 recently. I'd love to sell my home but there is no place to buy without overpaying.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 4:42pm

AiA wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:40am:
I refinanced (USA) at 2.25 recently. I'd love to sell my home but there is no place to buy without overpaying.

it's like that just about everywhere in Australia right now,the market is flying high everywhere  ... you can sell for great money, but you'll pay through the nose for your new abode,... there's no net gain unless you don't need to buy another property

when it's like that the only ones to profit are local councils, who will raise your rates based on your higher property value

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 9:49pm

2 . . . 3 percent? Rising interest rates? How terrible! Greedy bastards! They should give us the money for nothing.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 10:17pm

issuevoter wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 9:49pm:
2 . . . 3 percent? Rising interest rates? How terrible! Greedy bastards! They should give us the money for nothing.

You need to be able to look beyond those interest rate numbers. Look at the fine print in other fees/charges in any home loan facility. Look at the cost of buying property....the prices being paid. Look at the tight credit lending criteria. You won't be eligible to borrow despite those interest rates which still "look" low.

Then take a closer look at your salary and the taxes you pay in PAYG and GST.

Lastly....take a closer look at how much a shopping trolley costs today. You will soon meet Inflation and I promise you...that is the guy who is a greedy bastard.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 10:24pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 4:42pm:

it's like that just about everywhere in Australia right now,the market is flying high everywhere  ... you can sell for great money, but you'll pay through the nose for your new abode,... there's no net gain unless you don't need to buy another property

when it's like that the only ones to profit are local councils, who will raise your rates based on your higher property value

I have known people who moved back in with their parents because they could sell their houses for quite a profit. That I am not willing to do. My wife would never, ever live with my mother and I would only do it if I were destitute.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 10:52pm

AiA wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 10:24pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 4:42pm:

I have known people who moved back in with their parents because they could sell their houses for quite a profit. That I am not willing to do. My wife would never, ever live with my mother and I would only do it if I were destitute.

Why are you bothering to listen to John Abo Troll Smith?

He knows SFA about buying property. He lives in Aboriginal Housing!

And he's just told you something which is totally untrue too!

It's NOT like that everywhere in Australia! Only someone with no knowledge of real estate would say that!

There are tiers of growth btwn rural and urban areas.

And even then there are mini tiers of growth within each urban area and within each rural area.

And that's just in 1 state of Australia.

Some states are generally cheaper than others!

People are cashing in on homes in Sydney and making millions.

They are then taking those millions to buy 2 to 3 homes elsewhere in the state. Or even interstate.

Those 2 to 3 homes are for their tenants and/or their children.

These real estate migrants have essentially bought themselves a 1 way ticket out of Sydney. They will never be able to afford to buy back in (unless they win Powerball or inherit a windfall).

AiA .... you will need to ask yourself a few hard questions. Do you live in a city? Is that city important wrt employment, family, extended family and friends? Then ask yourself this: how old are your kids? Are they ready to fly out of the nest? Perhaps they've already done so. If they have then downsizing might well be the option for you. If you can work remotely then perhaps you might be in a position to look outside a city. Semi rural or rural areas are cheaper. What type of lifestyle is compatible with your personalities and goals?

Only you can answer these questions AiA because only you know your particular ages and current circumstances as well as future plans.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 9:32am

We settled this morning on previous low interest rate terms.

I must say it helps when you have a daughter working for you as a broker and property valuer 😎

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 11:54am

LOL!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 1:23pm

Yep I'm laughing louder than you right now.

Speaking of real estate ....how's your feral block of land in Antarctica going?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 1:40pm

Antarctica?

Whatever its merits my block of land is real and I will post some photos can Jan.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 2:05pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 22nd, 2021 at 1:40pm:
Antarctica?

Whatever its merits my block of land is real and I will post some photos can Jan.

Yes. You heard me the first time. Antarctica. That ridiculous cheap feral block of nothing that's close to Antarctica. Have you built an underground bunker there yet for all those tinned cans of tuna and baked beans you've hoarded in the name of Doomsday Prepping? Or are all those cans going to be full of beer only?

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #14 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 2:11pm

LOL!

It is not a feral block, but patience, you will see more anon.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print