Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Grand Mufti hosts Taliban (Read 1227 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Grand Mufti hosts Taliban
Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:45am

Just part of the rich tapestry of our Islamic community?

Australian Muslim community concern at Islamic council forum with Taliban

Muslim Australians have raised concerns about an online forum being promoted by the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils that will include two senior Taliban representatives.

The federation, which describes itself as the peak group representing Muslims in Australia, is holding the event on Saturday to discuss the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan” – the Taliban’s official name for their country – and the Muslim diaspora.

“AFIC has brought together a stellar panel of speakers for an online forum on the future of Afghanistan and our role regardless of whether we are in favour or against recent developments,” a promotional social media post for the event states.

The six speakers include Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen, who has previously been interviewed by Australian and international media, and Sayed Abdul Basir Sabiri, another senior figure in the hardline Islamic group that recently took power in Afghanistan amid the chaotic withdrawal of US-led forces.

Other speakers include AFIC’s president Rateb Jneid and Abdul Quddoos Al Azhari, declared by the organisation to be Australia’s grand mufti.

The event attracted immediate criticism from some members of the Muslim community, including comedian Nazeem Hussain.

On a Facebook post promoting the event, Hussain said: “Ummm … Is AFIC hosting a Zoom call with the Taliban? Or is this a joke post?“

One member of the public questioned why it was all “elder men on the panel and no women”, suggesting AFIC invite one of the “well-educated, strong Afghan women throughout Australia”.

A senior member of the Muslim community, who did not want to be named, told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age the event “throws the whole Muslim community under the bus just to get some attention”.

We should care more about refugees coming into Australia, help settle them first. Having a forum with the Taliban, there is no purpose to be achieved. It is a disservice to the whole Muslim community,” the person said.

AFIC chief executive Keysar Trad defended the event, saying the Taliban was now “recognised as the government of Afghanistan” and official representatives had been invited to participate in the event.

“Our members have serious concerns about and for the future of Afghanistan. We have many members who are Afghan-Australians and they want to hear directly about what the future holds,” Mr Trad said.

He said AFIC was also seeking to deter young Australian Muslims from travelling to Afghanistan “for the wrong reasons” following the Taliban takeover, pointing to the previous example of people travelling to Iraq and Syria to join Islamist groups.

“We want to make sure that we counter that, and we want to make sure that the government of Afghanistan will support us in convincing our children not to travel there,” he said.

“We don’t want to see our children getting involved in foreign matters, and we certainly don’t want to see them in Supermax [prison] either.”

Mr Trad said AFIC wanted women’s rights to be protected in Afghanistan and this view would be conveyed to the Taliban representatives in the Saturday event.

“I am concerned that some members of the community are trying to censor this event however the vast majority of members have supported it and believe the only way to get our concerns across is to talk about them,” he said.

NSW Labor’s police and counter-terrorism spokesman Walt Secord said the “irresponsible” event should be shut down.

“This event looks like a road map to radicalisation,” Mr Secord said.

“I am absolutely disgusted that any organisation in Australia would provide a platform to the Taliban and their primitive views.”

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australian-muslim-community-concern-at-islamic-c...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Grand Mufti hosts Taliban
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:46am

I wonder which mosque the Grand Mufti goes to?

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:30am

This is the face of "moderate" muzzos they dont want us to see.

They all secretly love the Taliban and its ways.

All MUZZOS are simply terrorists in hiding.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:42am

Valkie wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:30am:

Actually no, this is what they believe and put in plain sight.

Hate to think what they hide

IBI

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:41am

Gordon wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:42am:

Nothing. They are simply culturally confident about Islam in an unflinching way unimaginable for most Westerners.
Westerners find it impossible to be comparably confident about their own culture. Those Westerners who are confident about Western culture are called racists, colonialists, far-right, Euro-centric, monocultural.  Muslims who are confident about Islam are called 'vibrant, diverse, multicultural'.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:11pm

Frank wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:41am:
Gordon wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 10:42am:

Nothing. They are simply culturally confident about Islam in an unflinching way unimaginable for most Westerners.
Westerners find it impossible to be comparably confident about their own culture. Those Westerners who are confident about Western culture are called racists, colonialists, far-right, Euro-centric, monocultural.  Muslims who are confident about Islam are called 'vibrant, diverse, multicultural'.

So what you are saying is.

White western advanced and non-violent society is seen as wrong.

And black, muzzo, monkey, primitive, violent stupidity is seen as right.

The world is screwed.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 1:00pm

Just as true believers of the non-muslim kind are ‘culturally confident’ about their theological delusions.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:28pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 1:00pm:

Just as true believers of the non-muslim kind are ‘culturally confident’ about their theological delusions.

But they don't go around screaming for beheadings, murder, jihad, destruction or murder of people like muzzos do.

That's the difference.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:44pm

How can we deport that scab Keysar Trad? Crickey he's a pain in the arse. He wants to meet the Taliban to talk about womens' rights ... like hell he does!

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 4:31pm

I haven't SEEN the numbers

But among Muslims - worldwide
- does anyone know if there are more
wanting to RETURN
to Afghanistan,
now that the Taliban have been handed back the reins of government

- or are there more
wanting to LEAVE
?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:03pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:44pm:
How can we deport that scab Keysar Trad?

WELL, my dear mong,

There is a process, under the Australian justice system
- but I'm pretty sure
"He's a Muslim - and I hate Muslims"

- is not a strong opening argument

(for your comfort, security - and personal well being - the event has been cancelled)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-14/afic-cancels-online-event-with-taliban-sp...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:32pm

Gordon wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:45am:
Just part of the rich tapestry of our Islamic community?

Australian Muslim community concern at Islamic council forum with Taliban

Muslim Australians have raised concerns about an online forum being promoted by the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils that will include two senior Taliban representatives.

The federation, which describes itself as the peak group representing Muslims in Australia, is holding the event on Saturday to discuss the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan” – the Taliban’s official name for their country – and the Muslim diaspora.

“AFIC has brought together a stellar panel of speakers for an online forum on the future of Afghanistan and our role regardless of whether we are in favour or against recent developments,” a promotional social media post for the event states.

The six speakers include Taliban spokesman Suhail Shaheen, who has previously been interviewed by Australian and international media, and Sayed Abdul Basir Sabiri, another senior figure in the hardline Islamic group that recently took power in Afghanistan amid the chaotic withdrawal of US-led forces.

Other speakers include AFIC’s president Rateb Jneid and Abdul Quddoos Al Azhari, declared by the organisation to be Australia’s grand mufti.

The event attracted immediate criticism from some members of the Muslim community, including comedian Nazeem Hussain.

On a Facebook post promoting the event, Hussain said: “Ummm … Is AFIC hosting a Zoom call with the Taliban? Or is this a joke post?“

One member of the public questioned why it was all “elder men on the panel and no women”, suggesting AFIC invite one of the “well-educated, strong Afghan women throughout Australia”.

A senior member of the Muslim community, who did not want to be named, told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age the event “throws the whole Muslim community under the bus just to get some attention”.

We should care more about refugees coming into Australia, help settle them first. Having a forum with the Taliban, there is no purpose to be achieved. It is a disservice to the whole Muslim community,” the person said.

AFIC chief executive Keysar Trad defended the event, saying the Taliban was now “recognised as the government of Afghanistan” and official representatives had been invited to participate in the event.

“Our members have serious concerns about and for the future of Afghanistan. We have many members who are Afghan-Australians and they want to hear directly about what the future holds,” Mr Trad said.

He said AFIC was also seeking to deter young Australian Muslims from travelling to Afghanistan “for the wrong reasons” following the Taliban takeover, pointing to the previous example of people travelling to Iraq and Syria to join Islamist groups.

“We want to make sure that we counter that, and we want to make sure that the government of Afghanistan will support us in convincing our children not to travel there,” he said.

“We don’t want to see our children getting involved in foreign matters, and we certainly don’t want to see them in Supermax [prison] either.”

Mr Trad said AFIC wanted women’s rights to be protected in Afghanistan and this view would be conveyed to the Taliban representatives in the Saturday event.

“I am concerned that some members of the community are trying to censor this event however the vast majority of members have supported it and believe the only way to get our concerns across is to talk about them,” he said.

NSW Labor’s police and counter-terrorism spokesman Walt Secord said the “irresponsible” event should be shut down.

“This event looks like a road map to radicalisation,” Mr Secord said.

“I am absolutely disgusted that any organisation in Australia would provide a platform to the Taliban and their primitive views.”

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australian-muslim-community-concern-at-islamic-c...

This is the same group who Gandalf insisted had adequately dealt with corruption (they they were ones stealing government funds earmarked for Islamic schools) by replacing one person, and not making any enquiries into where the money went.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:38pm

Valkie wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:28pm:
Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 1:00pm:

But they don't go around screaming for beheadings, murder, jihad, destruction or murder of people like muzzos do.

That's the difference.

I think the royal family of Saudi Arabia -
close friends of the Windsor's

and 
big trading partners of Australia
- deserve a little more credit than you've afforded them

The country performed at least 158 executions in 2015, at least 154 in 2016, at least 146 in 2017, 149 executions in 2018, 184 executions in 2019, and 27 executions in 2020

A 2018 report by the European Saudi Organization for Human Rights (ESOHR) asserts that the number of beheadings in the kingdom
during the first quarter of 2018 rose by over 70 percent compared to the same period in 2017

A
public beheading
will typically take place around 9 a.m. The convicted person is walked to a court yard near the court-house and kneels in front of the executioner. A police official announces the crimes committed by the person and the beheading takes place. The executioner uses a sword known as a sulthan to remove the condemned person's head from his or her body at the neck

What terrorist organisation can beat THAT ?
i

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:54pm

Islam - the most feminist religion... in which every woman can be all she should be - a wife, a mother, and barefoot, illiterate, jobless and poor...  this is the place of woman in the world - there is no higher calling than being a good wife and mother, so in affording this opportunity under Allah, the glory and wisdom of Allah and his prophet are shown clearly!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:57pm

Poor confused little sex tourist. If Trad and his ilk got their way with you, you'd be hung from a crane or chucked off a building.

Keysar Trad, spokesman for Sheikh Taj el-Din Al Hilaly

Homosexuality is 'an aberration and a major sin and has always been forbidden', says Australian Federation of Islamic Councils treasurer, Keysar Trad.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-29/keysar-trad-spokesman-for-sheikh-taj-el-d...

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print