Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Prince Charles Shock Morrison May Not Attend COP2G (Read 1622 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Prince Charles Shock Morrison May Not Attend COP2G
Reply #45 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 12:39pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:53am:
oh Frank, lee and swag and co will argue until they are blue in the face that there is no impact *at all* - catastrophic or otherwise.

Nowhere have I said that either.

However CO2 lags temperature. Increasing temperature increases CO2. More ocean outgassing.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 2:18pm

ScoMo doesn’t need to go to Glasgow. I grew up there and can tell him all he needs to know
Stuart Ballantyne

I grew up close to Glasgow on the River Clyde, and from our kitchen window you could predict the weather with astonishing accuracy. If you could see the peak of Ben Lomond it was going to rain, if you couldn’t see Ben Lomond, it was raining. Pretty simple stuff.

After seven years globetrotting as a merchant navy officer, I changed careers, studying ship design and until recently, ran a successful ship design office in Australia.

Our early car ferry designs in the mid 1970’s had a start point of the Mean Sea Level — MSL –and the shore concrete ramp toe point or tangent point was allocated from the MSL depending of course on the size of ferry, freeboard and so on.

My first task was in Western Samoa, followed by Natovi in Fiji where I personally assisted the midnight construction company by building a shore ramp for the impending arrival of Fiji’s first roll on roll off passenger ferry, the 60m “Ovalua”. 

After visiting 70 countries 10 times, I managed to sell our innovative ferry designs to 47 countries around the globe. All of the shore ramp geometries were based off the MSL 

During my travels, I observed Maurice Strong, the founder of the UN Environment Program creating a significant business based on fear of global warming by declaring that “Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialised civilisations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about ?” Strong’s influence lasted for 20 years until 2005 when he was disgraced, but his legacy of fear lives on.   

We all heard Al Gore’s bold predictions of catastrophic global warming, melting glaciers and of course drastic sea level rises. As a ship designer, I was very happy with this prospect of water coverage of the earth increasing from 71% as it would need more ships. Secondly, I could take the dinghy from my old yacht right into my favourite coffee shop and provided the staff had welly boots or gumboots big enough, pick up my coffee in style.

Alas, in 2013 the song sheet of “global warming” changed seamlessly into “climate change” when the UN’s IPCC finally ‘fessed up that the earth had actually been cooling for the previous 17 years. Despite this revelation, the closed shop of UN bureaucrats and self-promoting scientists, the fear generated by Strong and his sycophants had already captivated the minds of millions of people and media outlets globally, all too lazy to check the facts. 

Do I believe in Climate Change? of course I do! Climate is temperature. Sit out in your backyard for 24 hours with a beer in one hand and a thermometer in the other and watch the climate change hourly. 

The capital of climate change is definitely Melbourne. I still tell the story of a ship’s captain, who had a pet cat. This cat would do a forward somersault if it was going to be a nice day, or a back somersault if it was going to be a rainy day. After three days in Melbourne, the cat died of exhaustion. 

Anyone who has been there is aware that for Melbourne, picking the right clothes for a day out in and around this interesting city is indeed a challenge. I know, I used to live there, and like many locals moved to Queensland where the temperature is more pleasant and fluctuations are smaller. 

Do I believe in global warming? No, because after flying through Singapore for over 50 years, they always tell us on arrival the temperature is between 29-31 degrees.

So in the last few months, I have contacted many operators of our ferry designs to find out what is the change in the Mean Sea Level, using the local harbourmaster’s wooden tide gauge, not a computer model. From Venezuela, Bahamas, Samoa, New Zealand, Australia, Philippines, UK, Abu Dhabi, Holland and Africa, some were up some were down, but the average was marginally higher by around 25 millimetres. Almost imperceptible, but that’s not what government computer modelling continue to tell us.

Would that small increase come from melting glaciers? I doubt it, but I have observed in most countries visited over decades, massive waterfront reclamation projects, with billions of cubic metres creating airports, new container ports, residential land and assorted activities. Governments love doing this as it creates land that they can sell, and also source tax on an ongoing basis. But they are generally quiet about such activities and happy to head nod about melting glaciers as the culprit. Wellington’s waterfront streets were all reclaimed land. Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai have had recent massive reclamation as have cities along China’s coastline. 

More recently the world has witnessed the diminutive Spratley islands having a massive reclamation by China into a sizeable defence base, while the bewildered Filipino leadership stood idly by.

So as an Australian taxpayer, Prime Minister, please do not waste our taxpayer funds by going to Glasgow’s COP gabfest. Stay here, focus on getting the eight imposters off the bridge. Then surround yourself with people in the real world, not the sycophants of Maurice Strong.
https://www.spectator.com.au/2021/10/scomo-doesnt-need-to-go-to-glasgow-i-grew-up-there-and-can-tell-him-all-he-needs-to-know/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #47 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 2:22pm

Now that ScoMo has decided to go to the COP26 in Glasgow
... what serendipity! He won't have to go into quarantine upon his return.  Cool

Poor old Labor, now they have zero election strategy. (Except fighting the last election all over again).  Grin

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 3:10pm

He's been told by his royal master , licking the British boot straps like a good little tory

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 5:15pm

Labor majority government wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 3:10pm:
He's been told by his royal master , licking the British boot straps like a good little tory

The thing about your kind of punter is that you jeer if he doesn't go and jeer if he goes.  You jeer, no matter what.
That's not a life.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 6:33pm

Chuckles is HRH not HM. Wink

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 11:18am

Frank wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 5:15pm:

The thing about your kind of punter is that you jeer if he doesn't go and jeer if he goes.  You jeer, no matter what.
That's not a life.

The LNP and their Murdoch masters have spent the last decade gaslighting the Australian public and now we're supposed to believe their intentions are pure , puhlease

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 1:02pm

Labor majority government wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 11:18am:

That's not a life.

The LNP and their Murdoch masters have spent the last decade gaslighting the Australian public and now we're supposed to believe their intentions are pure , puhlease

Intentions for what?  To join the conga line of suckholes chanting 'net zero by 2030"?  It's  a stupid slogan, nothing more, and the maddies like you want everyone to repeat it after you.  Meanwhile, Xi Pong Whiffy, the biggest CO2 producer cant be fagged to turn up to the ritual mugging and scolding of Western democracies in Glasgow.

It's a political farce.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 7:05pm

Frank wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 1:02pm:
Labor majority government wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 11:18am:

That's not a life.

Intentions for what?  To join the conga line of suckholes chanting 'net zero by 2030"?  It's  a stupid slogan, nothing more, and the maddies like you want everyone to repeat it after you.  Meanwhile, Xi Pong Whiffy, the biggest CO2 producer cant be fagged to turn up to the ritual mugging and scolding of Western democracies in Glasgow.

It's a political farce.

The first world countries are onboard , pulling the ol well china aren't going card when it suits you , that's not a happy life

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 7:08pm

They built electric cars that go the distance , what's your go argument when a plane flys the distance on battery power ? Won't be they all blew a whole heap of kerosene out the tail pipes

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 7:10pm

Well what happens to the batteries when they expire ? Well you all seem like an advocate for nuclear power , how about we bury them under the ground as well ? No ? Why not. Smiley

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print