Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Prince Charles Shock Morrison May Not Attend COP2G (Read 1595 times)
Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Re: Prince Charles Shock Morrison May Not Attend COP2G
Reply #30 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:09pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 12th, 2021 at 3:54pm:
Well done lee, to try and prove your claim that Antarctica is cooling, you provided 3 articles about the Antarctic Peninsular .

Do you understand the difference between the two places?

Bottom line, "Antarctica" - as in the whole continent - is not cooling, but warming.

Why bother arguing with a climate change denialist? The truth will soon catch up with them, and all of us.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #31 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:22pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 3:09pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 12th, 2021 at 3:54pm:
Well done lee, to try and prove your claim that Antarctica is cooling, you provided 3 articles about the Antarctic Peninsular .

Do you understand the difference between the two places?

Bottom line, "Antarctica" - as in the whole continent - is not cooling, but warming.

Why bother arguing with a climate change denialist? The truth will soon catch up with them, and all of us.

Does that apply equally to climate non-change denialists?

I mean, say, arguing with an Abo the facts about deaths in custody, meaning that they die at a lower rate in custody than in their own community, is likely to see him imprisoned for assault of worse..... these deniers of the science can be very hostile and pig-headed....

What about the body of scientific opinion that says cc is not happening as put about?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:11pm

Why bother arguing with a climate change denialist?

I don't deny climate changes. And no thinking person I know does as well. So you have a strawman argument. Wink

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #33 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 8:31pm

It looks more than likely Scummo will cave to public opinion and the pressure from industry groups who see the writing on the wall than and concern from Prince Charles and attend Glasgow....Either way most advanced economies are embracing the advantages of renewable energy instead of trying to forestall the inevitable....Whilst we resist we are being left behind???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:05pm

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 8:31pm:
Either way most advanced economies are embracing the advantages of renewable energy instead of trying to forestall the inevitable..

You mean like China which is having lots of blackouts because of a lack of coal? Or the UK which has more a lack of will to pay higher gas prices? Or Germany which is expanding its lignite mines? Wink

Or just the notion of renewables because...climate change.

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:42pm

How is he going to spin this to nationals , he already has Murdoch media onboard with the exception of bolt , let's see what the Murdoch henchmen discussed at scovids little visit to his Murdoch masters on his recent junket when senate estimates hop in to him

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:51pm

Labor majority government wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:42pm:
How is he going to spin this to nationals , he already has Murdoch media onboard with the exception of bolt , let's see what the Murdoch henchmen discussed at scovids little visit to his Murdoch masters on his recent junket when senate estimates hop in to him

oh noes the Murdoch media? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #37 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 7:38am

Labor majority government wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 8:42pm:
lee wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 7:32pm:
Labor majority government wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 7:19pm:
You sound like a commy

You are a dipstick. No question about it. You have gone from "who to believe" to "you sound like a commy".

You really do have no idea. No petal that is not a deer with no eyes. Roll Eyes

perhaps you should change your screen name to "The Duddest of the Duds". Wink

Quoting 5 scientists when the majority believe in the science , I'm not a scientist and I know Jesus isn't going to fix it so if the overwhelming majority of scientists say global warming is real then I can't see what they have to benefit from lying

Maybe they don’t but the coal industry for instance has every reason to slip a few million the way of any group of scientists willing to sell bullshit.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 8:07am

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 7:38am:
You sound like a commy

You are a dipstick. No question about it. You have gone from "who to believe" to "you sound like a commy".

Quoting 5 scientists when the majority believe in the science , I'm not a scientist and I know Jesus isn't going to fix it so if the overwhelming majority of scientists say global warming is real then I can't see what they have to benefit from lying

Maybe they don’t but the coal industry for instance has every reason to slip a few million the way of any group of scientists willing to sell bullshit.

So it's not just the LNP taking backhanders

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #39 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 8:13am

Labor majority government wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 8:07am:
Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 7:38am:
You sound like a commy

So it's not just the LNP taking backhanders

Hard to believe anyone could be naive enough to believe otherwise.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #40 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:18am

lee wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:11pm:

I don't deny climate changes. And no thinking person I know does as well. So you have a strawman argument. Wink

You deny that artificially pumping billions of tons of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere every year for over 200 years has no greenhouse-warming effect on the world climate.

No thinking person seriously believes such nonsense. Its 'flat earth' level of stupidity.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:41am

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:18am:
lee wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:11pm:

You deny that artificially pumping billions of tons of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere every year for over 200 years has no greenhouse-warming effect on the world climate.

No thinking person seriously believes such nonsense. Its 'flat earth' level of stupidity.

Having an effect on climate and being the cause of  catastrophic global climate change are not the same, by a long shot. Catastrophists treat the two interchangably. That's  what makes them simultaneously ridiculously ignorant and dishonest.

Secondly, the CO2 debate is to a very large extent statistical with rubbery parameters - what to include in the stats, who has responsibility for what, what is co2 abaiting, etc, etc.

Thirdly, change is almost always and everywhere celebrated by climate activists as a boon, as progress - except when it comes to climate. THEN they are more conservative, rigid and hysterical about change than Opus Dei

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #42 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:53am

Frank wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:41am:
Having an effect on climate and being the cause of  catastrophic global climate change are not the same

oh Frank, lee and swag and co will argue until they are blue in the face that there is no impact *at all* - catastrophic or otherwise.

They actually believe that the earth is cooling.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 12:36pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:53am:
Frank wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 11:41am:
Having an effect on climate and being the cause of  catastrophic global climate change are not the same

oh Frank, lee and swag and co will argue until they are blue in the face that there is no impact *at all* - catastrophic or otherwise.

They actually believe that the earth is cooling.

I do not think anyone, ever said that co2 han no impact *at all*.
Having an impact and being the cause are not the same.

Climate catastrophists elide the distinction and INSIST on human  co2 causing all the change. However, this is not true *at all*.

The impact of other effects on climate are less studied, less understood, often hardly measurable so they stick with the one thing humans can measure reliably, their own co2 generation and so all causation is attributed to this one aspect.

Here's some perspective on catastrophic sea level rises:

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 15th, 2021 at 12:37pm

Nowhere have I said that. I have said that theory says that is the way it should work. However the earth is not a greenhouse. A greenhouse has no airflow (winds), no clouds.
Despite the IPCC insisting that clouds are likely net positive, NASA says otherwise. When you are out for a walk and a cloud passes over do you feel cooler or warmer? At night clouds tend to keep things warmer.

Here is something from NASA Climate kids, which you should understand.

"Clouds play an important role in both warming and cooling our planet. Clouds give us a cooler climate on Earth than we would enjoy without clouds. However, as Earth’s climate warms, we won’t always be able to count on this cooling effect. "

https://climatekids.nasa.gov/cloud-climate/
No thinking person seriously believes such nonsense.

But you are not a thinking person, so who knows what you actually believe.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print