Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Cashless Welfare Card System Is Flawed (Read 4998 times)
Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cashless Welfare Card System Is Flawed
Reply #30 - Oct 13th, 2021 at 6:18pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 10th, 2021 at 7:34pm:
whiteknight wrote on Oct 10th, 2021 at 7:13pm:
The cashless welfare card idea belongs in the rubbish bin.   Sad

The cashless welfare card is a great idea if you don't like it get a job.

Getting a job isn't an option for aged pensioners, disability pensioners or carers forced onto this card.

Aged pensioners are already on this card - this is the government's dirty little secret that it's desperately trying to hide.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2021 at 6:38pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 9:18am:
How does that justify putting everyone in australia who receives any money from centerlink on it including dsp and pensioners?Spot

They won't stop there, either. It could be a slippery slope. Will they force everyone onto such a card? FTB? Tax refunds? PHI rebates?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #32 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:18am

Bam wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 6:38pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 9:18am:
How does that justify putting everyone in australia who receives any money from centerlink on it including dsp and pensioners?Spot

They won't stop there, either. It could be a slippery slope. Will they force everyone onto such a card? FTB? Tax refunds? PHI rebates?

In the UK they are trying to put anyone (working) on low incomes on a card

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:04am

Bam wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 6:18pm:

Getting a job isn't an option for aged pensioners, disability pensioners or carers forced onto this card.

Aged pensioners are already on this card - this is the government's dirty little secret that it's desperately trying to hide.

Please explain!

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:16am

Johnnie wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:04am:

Please explain!

The Aged Pension is a restrictable payment in some of the "trial" areas, and it has been revealed in Senate proceedings that 20 aged pensioners are on the card, most of them forced.

The government doesn't want you to know this. They conceal the aged pension payments under "other payments" in their reports.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #35 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:17pm

I doubt I'll ever see any pension, being a self funded retiree.

But there is a chance I will get some pension benifits if I can fiddle my money enough.

And, surprise, surprise, I can spend my money on whatever I want.
Perhaps this is the problem.
People who don't want to work, think it entitles them to taking money from workers and waste it on drugs, GROG, gambling and smokes.

If you want money to spend on what you want.

Get a job, build a super balance and it's all yours.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 4:01pm

Bam wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:16am:

Please explain!

The Aged Pension is a restrictable payment in some of the "trial" areas, and it has been revealed in Senate proceedings that 20 aged pensioners are on the card, most of them forced.

The government doesn't want you to know this. They conceal the aged pension payments under "other payments" in their reports.

It sounds like it's all top secret so there is probably no link but i would suspect these 11 or so individuals from these places are Abbos with a long history of alcohol abuse, non payment of fines and rent, violence and other criminal activities, its rife in these communities and were given the option of the card or jail.

No way any party is going to try and put old age pensioners on any sort of card or they would be dragged out into the courtyard hung drawn and quartered or worse still for them voted out and never to be returned again.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 4:57pm

Johnnie wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 4:01pm:
It sounds like it's all top secret so there is probably no link but i would suspect these 11 or so individuals from these places are Abbos with a long history of alcohol abuse, non payment of fines and rent, violence and other criminal activities, its rife in these communities and were given the option of the card or jail.

god you're a fool. They're pensioners. It doesn't matter what their race. Once they finish the trial it'll move onto other pensioners until everyone is on a card.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 4:59pm

Bam wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:16am:

Please explain!

No way any party is going to try and put old age pensioners on any sort of card or they would be dragged out into the courtyard hung drawn and quartered or worse still for them voted out and never to be returned again.

You didn't get it the first time, or the second time. I'll say it again so you can understand: some aged pensioners are already on the card. Not many so far, but that won't stop the current government adding as many as they could get away with.

The current government would put all aged pensioners on the card if they thought they could get away with it. They've already rebranded the aged pension as "welfare" so the risk is there.

Their mates and cronies make a mint out of each card issued, and they will be paying kickbacks to the Coalition parties. They're selling it with the same old lies that gullible lackwits always fall for.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:12pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 4:57pm:

god you're a fool. They're pensioners. It doesn't matter what their race. Once they finish the trial it'll move onto other pensioners until everyone is on a card.

And Australia will become an authoritarian state, just as bad as the Soviet Union was. If authoritarian communism was a bad idea, authoritarian capitalism would be just as bad.

This is why the card must be stopped.

First they came for the asylum seekers, but I did not speak out - because I was not an asylum seeker.
First they came for the Muslims, but I did not speak out - because I was not a Muslim.
Then they came for the indigenous Australians, but I did not speak out - because I was not an indigenous Australian.
Then they came for the unemployed, but I did not speak out - because I was not unemployed.
Then they came for the journalists, but I did not speak out - because I was not a journalist.
Then they came for the pensioners, but I did not speak out - because I was not a pensioner.
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 6:13pm

Bam said,  "The Aged Pension is a restrictable payment in some of the "trial" areas" so it would be a good bet that they are Abbos since this card was directed at them and that they are the trouble makers.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 6:46pm

Johnnie wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 6:13pm:

Bam said,  "The Aged Pension is a restrictable payment in some of the "trial" areas" so it would be a good bet that they are Abbos since this card was directed at them and that they are the trouble makers.

more likely the trials are limited to areas where they already have no chance of winning a seat

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 8:23pm

and here it comes

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS - JUST IN - PLEASE SHARE: At their state conference this weekend, the Liberals and Nationals will be moving a motion to EXPAND the cashless debit card.
This is bad news for pensioners and vulnerable Australians because it means that 80% of your pension will be put a government-controlled card - which means the government can then control when and where you spend your pension.

https://statecouncil.lnp.org.au/resolutions/?fbclid=IwAR343wveKYHQ4qjouj1iITK_Yd...

Sign a petition to stop the cashless welfare card here 
https://stop-the-cashless-pension-card.org.au/?fbclid=IwAR0a-4TfqH-48o7Ytpg9kCUK...

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 8:38pm

Welfare money is not YOUR money, bozos, it's the taxpayers' money.   You have NOT earned it.
The taxpayer is entitled to determine how you should spend his gift to you.

Or you could make your own way in life.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 8:46pm

Frank wrote on Nov 6th, 2021 at 8:38pm:
Welfare money is not YOUR money, bozos, it's the taxpayers' money.   You have NOT earned it.
The taxpayer is entitled to determine how you should spend his gift to you.

Or you could make your own way in life.

Gift my arse, pensioners have earned their pension. It's not a gift

Don't worry frank, I'm advocating for you. I don't want them to tell you where you can spend your pension. Even for morons like you, that should be up to you

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Send Topic Print