Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Cyclists must be licenced and identifiable (Read 3221 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Cyclists must be licenced and identifiable
Reply #75 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:11pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 1:31pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 1:53pm:
Here in Original Australia
(South Eastern Austrochine)
or the old NSW, you either front up the name of the driver and they cop it or you do.  Nobody gets a walk unless they are a retired PM's wife, son or daughter...

You can deny being the rider of a bike. You can get photographed running a red light and say that you were not riding that bike at the time of the offence.

You still don't get it - the cops will say to you, "If you claim not to have been riding the bike at that time, you must name the person who was, or you will be the one fined.  If you do not know that person, did you report the bike stolen?"

It simply won't wash in NSW, same as denying you were the one driving the car at the time..... name who was or cop the fine.... tell it to the judge......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #76 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 1:57pm

Cyclist mentality

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #77 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 1:58pm

But they can make a driver happy occasionally.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:45pm

More angry violence from Valkie, our resident sms.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #79 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 5:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:11pm:
or the old NSW, you either front up the name of the driver and they cop it or you do.  Nobody gets a walk unless they are a retired PM's wife, son or daughter...

You can deny being the rider of a bike. You can get photographed running a red light and say that you were not riding that bike at the time of the offence.

You still don't get it - the cops will say to you, "If you claim not to have been riding the bike at that time, you must name the person who was, or you will be the one fined.  If you do not know that person, did you report the bike stolen?"

It simply won't wash in NSW, same as denying you were the one driving the car at the time..... name who was or cop the fine.... tell it to the judge......

You CAN say that you were not the rider of a bike. The only defence you can use is that you can deny being in charge of a vehicle when the police take a picture of you running a red light on a bike, you can make the claim that the person was not you.

If I stole the number plates of your car and attached them to mine and then went and did all manner of traffic infringements and then replaced your number plates, whether you knew or not or whether you reported suspicious activity or not, you can say that you were not driving a vehicle when this traffic offence occurred.

We have just had reports around the region of a massive number of car thefts. The owner of the car cannot be held accountable for the acts of the thieves.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #80 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 5:01pm

rhino wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 4:45pm:
More angry violence from Valkie, our resident sms.

No anger my poor little friend.

Just a home truth and a bit of a laugh.

See, you cannot even distinguish between anger and fun, you are in a bad way.

We will have to work on your comprehension once we get you over your proclivity toward nastyness.

But we can work it out.
Tell me. why are you so full of hate and anger?
Did you have a bad childhood?
Have you been unsuccessful in your job aspirations?
Do real people treat you badly?
What are you afraid of?

Anger is a manifestation of fear.
What is it that you fear that makes you so angry.

Remember

Repeat to yourself.

I can be a worthwhile member of the human race
I can be a normal contributor and nice person.
I don't have to insult everyone, just because I'm afraid they might see my true character.

We will get you over this.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 10:12pm

You are a very angry violent man with small man syndrome.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 10:32pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 5:01pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:11pm:

You CAN say that you were not the rider of a bike. The only defence you can use is that you can deny being in charge of a vehicle when the police take a picture of you running a red light on a bike, you can make the claim that the person was not you.

If I stole the number plates of your car and attached them to mine and then went and did all manner of traffic infringements and then replaced your number plates, whether you knew or not or whether you reported suspicious activity or not, you can say that you were not driving a vehicle when this traffic offence occurred.

We have just had reports around the region of a massive number of car thefts. The owner of the car cannot be held accountable for the acts of the thieves.

That's big stretch... but if someone stole The Vest and used it and then returned it - you'd have to prove you were somewhere else at the time of the offences.  Otherwise your chances don't exist... Buckley had a better shot at the title...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #83 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 8:10am

rhino wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 10:12pm:
You are a very angry violent man with small man syndrome.

Oh no, no, no mr rhino.

You cannot deflect your anger issues onto me.

You are the one who returns every post with insults and personal attacks.
It is you and your buddy smiffy who is in need of anger management.

Which, I am willing and currently providing.

We can get you over these issues, we just have to get you to realise your problem.

But we can work it out.
Tell me. why are you so full of hate and anger?
Did you have a bad childhood?
Have you been unsuccessful in your job aspirations?
Do real people treat you badly?
What are you afraid of?

Anger is a manifestation of fear.
What is it that you fear that makes you so angry.

Remember

Repeat to yourself.

I can be a worthwhile member of the human race
I can be a normal contributor and nice person.
I don't have to insult everyone, just because I'm afraid they might see my true character.

We will get you over this.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 9:21am

freediver wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:59pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:58pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:56pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 7:49pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:34pm:
Not true. You just say it was stolen.

wouldn't you need a police report number to go with it?

Sure. You file the report as soon as you realise it is stolen. Which is usually when the police knock at your door asking about it.

so you're suggesting people should file false police reports?

I am suggesting they do. But only if they want to get away with it.

how often have you done this fd?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 9:25am

Gnads wrote on Oct 15th, 2021 at 9:38am:
freediver wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 5:34pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 1:43pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 5:41pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 4:16pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 4:13pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 13th, 2021 at 4:07pm:
In 2019, I spotted a cyclist riding around near dusk. No helmet, no light. He got told to pull over by an officer in a following police vehicle. He failed to stop and rode off with the officer failing to pursue him much further.

This is just one of the many cases where having a cyclist "licenced and identifiable" would not have meant a thing in reducing traffic incidences involving cyclists. Even motorists have the right to deny being involved in a traffic incident. How do you identify a cyclist if they do not stop?

Little plate on the bike under the seat facing backward ... just like a car.

Your details logged against the plate... simple.

And what do we do in times when the cyclist denies being the rider of the bike?

Same as car owner - name the other person or take the hit....

The person can just say that they were not riding the bike at the time of an alleged offence. Same as car owner. I was not driving the car at the time of the offence.

Not true. You just say it was stolen.

And they find the bike on your premises?? Grin Grin

i had that happen once when I was painting. We left all our ladders and scaffolding under the guys house chained to a pier (house was on a slope so you can only get under the rear of the house, the front of it was street level). When we turned up to start again the next morning the gate was padlocked and the owner was acting weird. He told us we couldn't go into the back as all our stuff had been stolen during the night. When we jumped the fence to have a look, all the stuff was still there where we left it with our chains still on.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm guessing he was related to gordon Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 12:30pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 9:25am:
i had that happen once when I was painting. We left all our ladders and scaffolding under the guys house chained to a pier (house was on a slope so you can only get under the rear of the house, the front of it was street level). When we turned up to start again the next morning the gate was padlocked and the owner was acting weird. He told us we couldn't go into the back as all our stuff had been stolen during the night. When we jumped the fence to have a look, all the stuff was still there where we left it with our chains still on.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What kind of Usual Suspect was he?   Grin  Grin  Grin  Probably had an online buyer on the way....  Grin  Grin  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 1:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 12:30pm:

What kind of Usual Suspect was he?   Grin  Grin  Grin  Probably had an online buyer on the way....  Grin  Grin  Grin

He was a dinky die aussie.

Doubt he had anything online. I don't think facebook had even started yet. This was in the days where if you wanted a bargain, you went to the pub to buy .

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 6:47am

John Smith wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 1:01pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 12:30pm:

He was a dinky die aussie.

Doubt he had anything online. I don't think facebook had even started yet. This was in the days where if you wanted a bargain, you went to the pub to buy .

Then what was he doing?  Just off the planet as some older guys are?  Just before I moved into my first bought home, the old guy I had been renting from decided, for whatever strange reason, that in order to ensure he got his final payment of rent - and I'd never missed one cent - his two sons should unload my trailer loaded for the move and keep it until I paid.

Naturally this caused me to firstly report the trailer stolen and then advise him he would receive nothing until I got it back and could move.  His idiot sons brought it back - I still paid him as a matter of honour, but I should have told him to stuff it.  Guess what - later it came to light that it was he who had entered the house while I was working all night, and stolen my licenced pistol and ammunition - reported stolen, of course..... I was a licenced security guy with a pistol licence.

Some people get the strangest ideas in their heads about what their rights are.

Guess he found out, eh?

― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 7:25pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 6:47am:
Then what was he doing?

probably looking to sell it down at the pub.

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 6:47am:
Just before I moved into my first bought home, the old guy I had been renting from decided, for whatever strange reason, that in order to ensure he got his final payment of rent - and I'd never missed one cent - his two sons should unload my trailer loaded for the move and keep it until I paid.

I hope the cops still pursued the theft of your property

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print