Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Will scomao be allowed to attend Glasgow? (Read 1028 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Will scomao be allowed to attend Glasgow?
Reply #15 - Oct 12th, 2021 at 9:12pm

issuevoter wrote on Oct 11th, 2021 at 9:18pm:
The reason the LNP came to power was The Boats from Indonesia, and the prospect of a Labor Party Carbon Tax, issues on which the LNP has not changed its stand, yet the Labor party vacillates, looking for an opportunity . . . any opportunity. They had better decide what the stand for soon, if they want my vote.

Why would you care what Labor stand for the Liberals have never stood for anything ?

With Labor the worst case is that they stand for more than the Liberals. I can see a case to vote against them but this isn't it.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:19am

Jim Lahey wrote on Oct 12th, 2021 at 8:19pm:
Scummo needs to run away so he doesn't have to deal with ICAC discussions.

But if Scummo left the country, he could be deposed as leader while out of the country.

This is the dilemma facing the Coalition.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:27am

You all do realise don't you, that Morrison is only the figurehead and the real power lies with Dutton and Frydenberg. These are the men who are making things happen and showing most of the rest, both Liberal and Labor, up for the ineffectual wannabes they really are.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #18 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:34am

Belgarion wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:27am:
You all do realise don't you, that Morrison is only the figurehead and the real power lies with Dutton and Frydenberg. These are the men who are making things happen and showing most of the rest, both Liberal and Labor, up for the ineffectual wannabes they really are. 

Your idea of ‘making things happen’ reminds me of Hitler. Maybe you find that comforting?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:46am

Never mind ScoMo - will Xi Pingpong attend?

"The history of these conferences is that they cost a fortune and attract tens of thousands of well-paid activists who talk all night and then announce something so meaningless they might as well not have bothered. There was the Kyoto Protocol (1997), which everybody signed and everybody ignored; the Bali Action Plan (2007), which merely recognised that ‘deep cuts in global emissions will be required’; the Copenhagen Accord (2009), which was just a bit of paper; the Cancun Agreements (2010), which agreed to set up — but not to fund — a fund. And these were the ones that claimed to achieve something.

For a moment, the Durban conference of 2011 looked different in that it agreed there would be enforceable emissions commitments from all parties by 2015. Nothing less than legally binding promises would do at Paris in 2015, we were told. As Paris approached, it became clear that America, China and India would sign no such binding commitments, so some genius came up with plan B: everybody would make a legally binding commitment to come up with non-legally-binding commitments to cut emissions. This was presented to a gullible media as a triumph."

It will be another expensive hot air fest. A media circus for activists and journalists to dine out on until the next COP.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:41pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:34am:

Your idea of ‘making things happen’ reminds me of Hitler. Maybe you find that comforting?

You have nothing of value to contribute so Godwin makes an appearance.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Jim Lahey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Lisa's Merc
Reply #21 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 1:18pm

Belgarion wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 12:41pm:
Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 14th, 2021 at 11:34am:

You have nothing of value to contribute so Godwin makes an appearance.  Roll Eyes

Cool story bro

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 11:23am

Xi Pong whiffy isn't going on the pilgrimage to Glasgow.

No point.

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:47pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 9:25am

Not looking good for scovid , failed on vaccine rollout, failed on quarantine and has once again failed to tame the minority in his government in coals back pocket tsk tsk

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 8:52am

Well, Putin in not puttin' in an appeatance at the Glasgow Hot Air Fest.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print