Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
I smell LNP defeat in the air (Read 4740 times)
Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

I smell LNP defeat in the air
Oct 5th, 2021 at 5:58pm

They say a week is a long time in politics but I just can't see Liberals pulling off another win after a disastrous term of mismanagement. Even with their Murdoch minders Tongue

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: I smell LNP defeat in the air
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 6:12pm

Hope so. Hope the Green vote collapses too, darn neoliberals!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 6:53pm

I also hope it is correct but to be honest I don't feel the slightest mood for change in the electorate.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 6:57pm

Libs have done ok.
They even stopped the Nats breaking away, by rigging Barnaby Joyce back in to be Scomo's comic sidekick again and make the PM look better than he really is.

It's just Scomo that has ruined the Lib image.
Holidaying in Hawaii on his way to the USA to get Hillsong some more money while Australia burned in hell.
Then returned to over-ride the Fire Commissioner's decisions, because Scomo knew what's best.
Then threw Legs McKenzie under the bus to take the Media/Public backlash off his Fire episode. The Media soon forgot, which means the Public soon forget.
Then he bull-crapped his way to the Media and Public regarding the Vaccine roll-outs, not having the balls to saw that deliveries were slow because the rest of the 'very sick' world did not see Australia as a Vaccine Priority because A) Australia was Covid-Free. B) The State Premiers were doing a better job than him.

Again and again, Scomo was either found lacking, or the cause of the problem.
Now he pushed Media focus off him again by using Gladys with some unimportant 'relationship' in her past to take the heat - again the Media/Public now forget who let the Virus run rampant via the excuse for $$$ of a Vaccine push.

Like all Prime Ministers (except Rudd, who served China) and Albanese would do the same, Scomo has served the USA well.

The Premiers have served Australia and Australians well, regardless of Party. Except Gladys, she was too weak to stand up to Scomo, but he knows how to bully women to make them 'fall' for him, in the name of God.

Albanese gets in and its just the same shyte, different smell, as Scomo.

PM's keep Australia weak for the USA - keeping Australia from becoming a Self-sufficient continent of States or even Provincials and Territories.

Australia's Economy did better during Covid-Free Lock Down, than any time before.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:00pm

Labor/Unions/Greens

Liberals/Democrats/Nationals

...thankfully we have 'independent' Independents turning up more each Election. Independents that are refusing to be absorbed by either Party and stuck in a back room to twiddle their thumbs like what Rudd tricked Garret into doing.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:40pm

You have no idea about politics.

The Greens are all about keeping their wealthy inner city voters happy with tax cuts and some hypocritical mumbo jumbo about the environment.

Neoliberals. More on the Lib’s side than Labor’s.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:47pm

You have no idea about 'anything' at all. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Labor majority government
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 8:19pm

[quote author=JaSin link=1633420686/4#4 date=1633424403]Labor/Unions/Greens

Liberals/Democrats/Nationals

...thankfully we have 'independent' Independents turning up more each Election. Independents that are refusing to be absorbed by either Party and stuck in a back room to twiddle their thumbs like what Rudd tricked Garret into doing.[/quote]

Don't they still preference the two majors

Pack ya bags rightards

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2021 at 9:12pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 6:53pm:
I also hope it is correct but to be honest I don't feel the slightest mood for change in the electorate.

You need to talk to old age pensioners. Newspoll is suggesting a 6% swing to Labor among voters over 65 just in the last three months.

Two issues that have infuriated the older voters are the cashless pension card and the Coalition's surprise Medicare cuts.

Many of them are furious at the possibility of having their pension taken off them and put on a cashless card. The government have already rammed through legislation that puts some old age pensioners on the card, and they cannot refute the possibility thanks to the laws they have passed.

The Medicare cuts are another source of anger among pensioners.

Other people you need to talk to are Western Australians. They gave the Liberals a massive hammering at the WA state election last March (the Liberals won just two seats out of 59), and the WA voters are patiently waiting to repeat this hammering at the federal election. Newspoll is tracking a swing against the Coalition in WA of about 10%. The government could lose office on seat losses in WA alone.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:56pm

I'm a 52 year old female schizophrenic living on the DSP with my family.I'm looked after and I look after them.What's the point! My elderly mother is looked after by me also saving the cost of a horrible life in aged care (another story of human rights abuses for the elderly in Australia).
I think Sco Mo is a bit scared of affirmative decisions probably a fear of a popularity backlash however he is a very effective speaker in parliament.The point is,for me. he has been very generous to me and I am very thankful.Also to the Australian tax payer, to which I once was. I think Australia and its representatives are very flawed yet I personally feel lucky. Educate the underclass especially the Western Sydney  youth as  they are really cool.My first time on OZ POL, hope I make sense! Have a god day!
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2021 at 3:17pm by Mr Hammer »  

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 7:39am

Mr Hammer wrote on Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:56pm:
I'm a 52 year old female schizophrenic living on the DSP with my family.I'm looked after and I look after them.What's the point! My elderly mother is looked after by me also saving the cost of a horrible life in aged care (another story of human rights abuses for the elderly in Australia).
I think Sco Mo is a bit scared of affirmative decisions probably a fear of a popularity backlash however he is a very effective speaker in parliament.The point is,for me. he has been very generous to me and I am very thankful.Also to the Australian tax payer, to which I once was. I think Australia and its representatives are very flawed yet I personally feel lucky. Educate the underclass especially the Western Sydney  youth as  they are really cool.My first time on OZ POL, hope I make sense! Have a god day!

Did you intend to say ‘have a god day’ ?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 7:45am

Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:40pm:

The Greens are all about keeping their wealthy inner city voters happy with tax cuts and some hypocritical mumbo jumbo about the environment.

Out here in rural Tasmania, where there are no wealthy inner city voters, the majority of farmers I speak to loathe the National Party and would support the Greens if they thought them more grounded and realistic.
The Lib’s would lose big time if Labor’s ‘leadership’ wasn’t so gutlessly wishy washy and so addicted to branch stacking.
On the other hand the obscene bargaining between the Liberals and Nationals (read blackmail) should be enough to disgust most voters. Sadly however logic and politics are seldom found together.

https://edm.privatemedia.com.au/webmail/272522/1117626301/a797bd4abcaa465c340eae
03753a9fbbf98d44c9ac88bf650dec9b8926ca2778

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 10:12am

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 17th, 2021 at 7:45am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 7:40pm:

Out here in rural Tasmania, where there are no wealthy inner city voters, the majority of farmers I speak to loathe the National Party and would support the Greens if they thought them more grounded and realistic.
The Lib’s would lose big time if Labor’s ‘leadership’ wasn’t so gutlessly wishy washy and so addicted to branch stacking.
On the other hand the obscene bargaining between the Liberals and Nationals (read blackmail) should be enough to disgust most voters. Sadly however logic and politics are seldom found together.

https://edm.privatemedia.com.au/webmail/272522/1117626301/a797bd4abcaa465c340eae
03753a9fbbf98d44c9ac88bf650dec9b8926ca2778

The Libs are just as addicted to branch stacking as Labor, if not more so. It's simply not under active investigation right now.

To give you a small idea just how prevalent branch stacking and similar activities are within the Liberals, Pentecostal Christians make up 0.2% of the Australian population but about 50% of the Federal Cabinet. A broad church? Not any more.

The Liberal party does not want a strong Federal anti-corruption commission with retrospective powers of investigation. This is one reason why.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 11:21am

Labor majority government wrote on Oct 5th, 2021 at 5:58pm:
They say a week is a long time in politics but I just can't see Liberals pulling off another win after a disastrous term of mismanagement. Even with their Murdoch minders Tongue

as long as labor doesn't release policy details before the election, it's in the bag.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2021 at 11:23am

"I smell LNP defeat in the air"

Is this the same stench that the msm was fowling the air with before the last election.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print