Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
the spiritual sense, "eating" occurs primarily whe (Read 1185 times)
Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Re: the spiritual sense, "eating" occurs primarily whe
Reply #15 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 7:13pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 19th, 2021 at 5:17pm:
Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 19th, 2021 at 4:51pm:
Yadda wrote on Oct 18th, 2021 at 3:40pm:

[....i don't think that the moslem FOLLOWERS-OF-ISLAM invaders would have been very tolerant of a people who followed a 'dream-time' religion.]

Stange then they traded with them for centuries.

Moslems traded with the Byzantine empire for centuries.

Ayn_Marx,

And how do you think it came to be,    ....that Malaya and Indonesia became majority ISLAMIC nations ?

Do you imagine that the native peoples of those countries held referendums,    ....and that they all chose to adopt ISLAM as their state religion ?         Tongue

Why are you suggesting what I imagined, especially since your remarks fail to connect with mine.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2021 at 7:40pm

I'm an individual with an extraordinary imagination.          Roll Eyes

And i'm not ashamed of my imagination.

Cheesy

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #17 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 7:23am

Yadda wrote on Oct 19th, 2021 at 7:40pm:

I'm an individual with an extraordinary imagination.          Roll Eyes

And i'm not ashamed of my imagination.

Given your totally deluded and unscientific beliefs about Covid vaccines nobody should be surprised.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2021 at 2:24pm by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #18 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 2:39pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 2nd, 2021 at 12:20pm:

The Holy Bible [in itself] conveys [and expresses] a certain morality,
and, seeks to promote a certain human morality.

The Bible promotes all manner of contradictory behavior.
Instance :- God made a bet with Satan that Job, a good and blameless man, would remain faithful even if he killed his children and ruined his life. Here we see God indicting himself for the crime, openly confessing that he destroyed a family "for no reason."

"The Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the Earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. He still persists in his integrity, although you incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason.' " (Job 2:3 New Revised Standard Bible)

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 4:18pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 20th, 2021 at 2:39pm:

Instance :- God made a bet with Satan that Job, a good and blameless man, would remain faithful even if he killed his children and ruined his life. Here we see God indicting himself for the crime, openly confessing that he destroyed a family "for no reason."

"The Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one like him on the Earth, a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. He still persists in his integrity, although you incited me against him, to destroy him for no reason.' " (Job 2:3 New Revised Standard Bible)

This is as stupid as the worst kind of screaming fundamentalist, literalist-yet-illiterate jihadi bozo sans the head hacking.

You have to be a certain kind of militantly blinkered, purposefully stupid and short-sighted bozo to loudly, proudly maintain, into you 20s, let alone 70s, that all the people who have gone before you and built your civilisation have COMPLETELY misunderstood their own beliefs, hearts, minds, motivations, hopes - but finally, here you are, correcting them ALL and finally setting them right.
Ludicrously, self-servingly ignorant. Bwianesque with bells on.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #20 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 5:34pm

Frank wrote on Oct 20th, 2021 at 4:18pm:

This is as stupid as the worst kind of screaming fundamentalist, literalist-yet-illiterate jihadi bozo sans the head hacking.

You have to be a certain kind of militantly blinkered, purposefully stupid and short-sighted bozo to loudly, proudly maintain, into you 20s, let alone 70s, that all the people who have gone before you and built your civilisation have COMPLETELY misunderstood their own beliefs, hearts, minds, motivations, hopes - but finally, here you are, correcting them ALL and finally setting them right.

Well, that’s the most complex, confused ad hominem argument I’ve ever encountered.
What happened to your education?
My civilization? Unlike yours, mine benefited from The Enlightenment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Enlightenment

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 20th, 2021 at 5:50pm

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 20th, 2021 at 5:34pm:

Well, that’s the most complex, confused ad hominem argument I’ve ever encountered.

That's the point - your stupidity, myopic self-serving ignorance has never been challenged.

You are not enlightened, even if you can link to Wiki. You do not even vaguely comprehend what enlightenment means. You have certainly not shone light onto your vapid, shallow assumptions and ignorant, blinkered, unread-yet/so-literalist tub-thumping self-justifications.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2021 at 7:59am

Frank wrote on Oct 20th, 2021 at 5:50pm:

That's the point - your stupidity, myopic self-serving ignorance has never been challenged.

You are not enlightened, even if you can link to Wiki. You do not even vaguely comprehend what enlightenment means. You have certainly not shone light onto your vapid, shallow assumptions and ignorant, blinkered, unread-yet/so-literalist tub-thumping self-justifications.

Pay attention. The Enlightenment (notice the capitals) is a specific period in human history.
‘enlightenment’ is another altogether more vague concept.
I must admit though your 'ignorant, blinkered, unread-yet/so-literalist tub-thumping self-justifications’ reveals a lot. Can just imagine you intoning that from the pulpit next sunday. Not sure why Acts Ch 20: V 9. just popped onto my ignorant, blinkered, unread-yet/so-literalist tub-thumping self-justifying head. Feel free to skip that passage and comfort yourself instead with Deuteronomy Ch 19: V 18.

Oh, and could you please provide a definition of ‘Bwianesque with bells on’ For some reason Wiki makes no mention of it.

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2021 at 4:45pm by Ayn Marx »  

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 8:54am

Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 7:59am:

Pay attention. The Enlightenment (notice the capitals) is a specific period in human history.
I must admit though your 'ignorant, blinkered, unread-yet/so-literalist tub-thumping self-justifications’ reveals a lot. Can just imagine you intoning that from the pulpit next sunday. Not sure why Acts Ch 20: V 9. just popped onto my ignorant, blinkered, unread-yet/so-literalist tub-thumping self-justifying head. Feel free to skip that passage and comfort yourself instead with Deuteronomy Ch 19: V 18.

Oh, and could you please provide a definition of ‘Bwianesque with bells on’ For some reason Wiki makes no mention of it.

You imitate me, flatterer.

Anyway, your views of Christianity - and spirituality, philosophy - are shallow and intrumentalist.  You imagine yourself enlightened but you have stopped your reading once you have arrived at the 'gotcha' position, finding that everything 'is just' a power relation, oppression and manipulation of the masses who are not as switched on as you. But really you are just deceiving and shortchanging yourself in the same way for self-justifying purposes. In other words you read only to self-confirm.  Not for you Kafka's advice: "A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us."

But of course you are not alone. The Marxist mania of uncovering everything as being "just an instrument of power" is attractive early stop where a lot of people get off, imagining they have arrived.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #24 - Oct 22nd, 2021 at 9:51am

Frank wrote on Oct 22nd, 2021 at 8:54am:
Ayn Marx wrote on Oct 21st, 2021 at 7:59am:

You imitate me, flatterer.

Anyway, your views of Christianity - and spirituality, philosophy - are shallow and intrumentalist.  You imagine yourself enlightened but you have stopped your reading once you have arrived at the 'gotcha' position, finding that everything 'is just' a power relation, oppression and manipulation of the masses who are not as switched on as you. But really you are just deceiving and shortchanging yourself in the same way for self-justifying purposes. In other words you read only to self-confirm.  Not for you Kafka's advice: "A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us."

But of course you are not alone. The Marxist mania of uncovering everything as being "just an instrument of power" is attractive early stop where a lot of people get off, imagining they have arrived.

I imagine myself as enlightened? Where did you get that idea from?
It’s a shame you haven’t approached scripture with Kafka’s advice in mind.
It’s also a shame you haven’t learnt to read others posts instead of reading your twisted interpretations into them.
I’m no longer going to waste my time attempting to communicate with you.
You can comfort yourself by imagining my approach to scripture is one of casting off the fear of God . Psalm 14 : V 1.

Angeli gratiae et misericordiae defendunt a vobis erroribus

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print