Racism Warning (Read 33962 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Racism Warning
Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:09pm

Gladys Berejiklian stoking the fires of racism in Northern NSW

https://www.ozpolitic.com/articles/Gladys-Berejiklian-stoking-fires-racism-North...

Gladys Berejiklian and the ruling Liberal party in NSW are pushing an absurdly Machiavellian ‘public consultation’ process over the future of public access to Mount Warning (Wollumbin). The process appears designed to create frustration and turn it into racial tension, which they will no doubt invent another program to address. They have achieved this by:

• Excluding people who would be directly impacted by a permanent closure (ie those who want to climb the mountain) from the “public consultation” process on the basis that they are not “key stakeholders.” They will be “consulted” after all of the decisions have been made. The government actually published this strategy.
  • People who have an interest in maintaining public access rights, or who simply oppose racism and sexism in government policy and the abandonment of fundamental principles such as separation of church and state are also excluded from the public consultation process. Their opinions literally do not count.
  • The actual traditional owners are also excluded from the public consultation process, in favour of aboriginal groups from the gold coast area who are onboard with Gladys Berejiklian’s agenda.
  • Opportunistically removing a chain used by climbers in the final ascent under the false flag of safety, while the national park was closed due to covid.
  • Repeatedly extending the closure and delaying a decision on the long term future of the park, and gradually changing their justification from covid, to safety issues associated with the chain, to the religious beliefs of aboriginal people.
  • Passing the buck when it comes to answering public enquiries about the closure. The person who is supposed to be responsible is Matt Kean, minister for the environment. Matt has not been answering enquiries. On July 29 everyone who had contacted Matt got a response from Naomi Stephens from NPWS. This claims to be a direct personal response, but everyone who wrote to Matt got the exact same letter. It did not address any of the issues raised by interested citizens or answer the questions that were actually asked. In Naomi’s response she said not to contact her with any follow-up queries, instead telling people to contact Russell Madeley from NPWS. She included his email address (it bounces) and his phone number (gets directed to someone else’s answering machine).
  • Publishing a postal stamp “featuring” Mt Warning, which actually shows a different, much smaller hill, with Mount Warning in the distant background and with the summit clipped out of the image.
  • Claiming via the NPWS website that “The independent engineer's assessment led to the conclusion that catastrophic failure of this chain section was very high.” Putting aside the fact that this statement does not actually make sense, the engineer’s assessment did not make this claim, and the NSW government have not offered any explanation of how it led to their conclusion. The Engineer’s report was vague on the technical details and contained numerous spelling and grammatical errors. It appears to be highlighting the risk of a single post bending (not breaking) under very conservative assumptions. The report also highlighted that several previous inspections had been done, and several of the posts had already needed to be replaced, with no record of any sort of catastrophe, or any indication indication that the urgent need to take down the chain was previously acknowledged.

The Machiavellian nature of the public consultation process was initially spelled out very clearly on the NSW government website, but has recently been amended to make it appear more democratic. It initially made it very clear that the outcome would reflect only the wishes of the “aboriginal community” and obtain input only from people who are invited to contribute. Here is an excerpt:

To be clear, the government’s approach to consulting the public, and the outcome that it flagged from the beginning is inherently racist, and the outcome of racist government policy cannot be anything other than more racism. Not only does it openly admit that whether your opinion counts depends on the colour of your skin, it paints aboriginal people as backwards, superstitious and greedy. Gladys Berejiklian’s government has gone out of it’s way to exclude well known, more progressive aborigines, who happen to be the actual traditional owners and who actually welcome people climbing the summit, and to restrict input to selected members of more distant aboriginal groups who are onboard with Gladys’ agenda.

Gladys Berejiklian’s propaganda has already spawned a dangerous movement among supporters of the closure. They are already taking matters into their own hands and vandalising backpackers’ vehicles in the parking lot of the national park. Reinforcing the racist, self-entitled beliefs of the selected minority behind this behaviour will not solve this problem, it will only make it worse.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Racism Warning
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:10pm

Gladys Berejiklian’s government is also endorsing blatant sexism. As with Ayers Rock (uluru), aboriginal men are allowed to climb, but aboriginal women are banned. This is supposedly for the women’s own good. Does Gladys actually endorse this sort of sexism? How many aboriginal women feel liberated by having these outdated, long-abandoned beliefs resurrected by the government and instituted by NPWS policy? All we can know for certain is that the NSW government will not be asking them. Even their opinion does not count.

Gladys Berejiklian has not offered Australians any explanation of whether the government ought to be endorsing a particular group’s religious beliefs and using laws, government institutions and taxpayer funds to impose those religious views on everyone else. The separation of church and state is an old concept in western civilisation. We have learned the hard way that it is absolutely necessary for a functioning society. Gladys Berejiklian seems unwilling or incapable of learning the lessons of history.

Once covid goes away, and the government sweeps its misrepresentation of the engineering assessment under the rug, the only reason they will acknowledge for the closure of Mount Warning is the religious beliefs of aboriginal people. They will pass the buck to those aboriginal groups, who will become the focus of the public’s frustration with this absurdly Machiavellian consultation process. Aborigines from the area will be held responsible for the closure by the broader public and will then have their racist, sexist views open for public scrutiny. They will be expected to justify their actions and their beliefs.

Gladys Berejiklian and her ministers have demonstrated great skill in letting others take responsibility for what is their decision and their responsibility. Will they hang the aborigines of Northern NSW out to dry, or will they invent even more absurd government interventions to address the growing racism problem that they created?

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:22pm

FleaDriver is one of the most bigoted and extreme racists on Ozpolitic.

His purported concern about racism is a sham.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:28pm

I have come to assume, cynically, that where there are none, politicians are prepared to 'manufacture' a series of community crises.

i.e.
For the politician, even an activity which has no real or useful purpose or public utility,
it still enables their PR staff to release media announcements, which can widely justify their [their boss's] authority and existence, to those who elect them.

Like i said, cynical.

Quote:

You never let a serious crisis go to waste.

And what I mean by that    it's an opportunity    to do things you think you could not do before.

Rahm Emanuel

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/rahm_emanuel_409199

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury.
From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.
- Alexander Fraser Tytler

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:31pm

Yadda is a mindless parasite that infests FleaDriver and acts on his commands.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:33pm

The Church of England is for a race which wins, as God is an Englishman. If your race loses, it's caused by your racism. Aboriginals are not in the race. You climb the mountain by racing for Gladys, of Armenian Aboriginal peak communities who didn't die out, racially.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:35pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:22pm:

Now now, Laught, FD is also concerned about stoking the fires of sexism.

Here's the Daily Mail's article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9264447/Mount-Warning-walking-track-clo...

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:58pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:31pm:

Yadda is a mindless parasite that infests FleaDriver and acts on his commands.

There he is !

Its Laugh till you cry, again, making HIS 'contribution' to debate, on an open public forum.

/sarc off

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 1:15pm

Apparently in order to genuinely care about racism you need to imagine it when it does not exist and deny it when it is bleeding obvious.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 1:21pm

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Gladys is antagonistic to Indigenous?
So Gladys Indigenous Prejudiced Berejiklian.
Try saying that with corn flakes.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 1:29pm

I just fail to see why people want to lock out everybody from everything.

It is a long known fact that the NPWS  love to lock up areas and refuse camping or sometimes even access.
These dimwits simply buy land and lock it up for their personal use.

Eventually
We will be unable to go to any beach, river, bushland or national park in this great country.

In many countries, people are allowed to wander any undeveloped land, even privately owned, as long as they do no damage and leave no litter.

This makes it wonderful to wander at will and enjoy the country.

But the morons in this country want everything locked up, and people prevented from ever seeing it.

What is wrong with these people?

As for religious significance, bull shite.
Anyone can walk into a church in Australia.
Anyone can enter a cemetery.
These are clearly identified religious sites.

A rock is not used as a cemetery,  is not a church and is only a religious location, because someone says it is.
When was the last "actual" "real" religious ceremony held at Ayres rock?

We are setting a dangerous precedent by allowing, through nothing but word of mouth, to designate an area of religious significance and thereby preventing tax paying Australians and tourists to visit.

I for one, am sick to death of all the bull shite " sacred land" claims which, when handed over to the various abbo groups, are quickly sold to developers. Not so sacred when money changes hands it appears.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 1:41pm

Yes! The Mount Warning Tourist Resort. Open all hours. Bush Tucker for Chinese Cruise Ship Packages.  Prayer Room and Cemetery containing your favourite relatives in breath taking scenery. Book now.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 2:00pm

Maybe they could set up an Aboriginal only vaccine hub at the summit?

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 2:03pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:35pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 14th, 2021 at 12:22pm:

Now now, Laught, FD is also concerned about stoking the fires of sexism.

Here's the Daily Mail's article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9264447/Mount-Warning-walking-track-clo...

Karnal thinks it is sexist to allow women to dress like this. They should be climbing in a burqa instead.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2021 at 2:24pm

In a NSW first, Premier Berejiklian has announced a bungee jumping platform will be opened at Armenian Apostolic Church, Sydney. Toilet facilties are for baptised members only but the lawn at the back is all yours. Negotiations are underway for a flying fox in St Mary's Cathedral with premium tickets selling for High Mass. Swing through the incense and hymns with close-ups photo opp of the Archbishop at prayer.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 50
Send Topic Print