Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Teaching at its lowest ebb (Read 978 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Teaching at its lowest ebb
Jul 26th, 2021 at 8:50am

Now teachers have been directed to dob in fat kids.
Look out, here comes anorexia and bulimia.

Soon there will be a list of things that kids will be indoctrinated into
Ugly kids
Red haired kids
Skinny kids
poor kids
rich kids
NORMAL KIDS

This indoctrination into an accepted "Compliant and subjugated) population will see robots coming.

Perhaps we simply need to report teachers who dont teach and continue to preach bull shite

Why cant they just teach, you know, LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.

Quote:
Teachers ordered to dob in fat kids

EXCLUSIVE
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS

Policy is ‘overkill’

PARENTS of obese children who are observed to be gaining “massive” amounts of weight and seen eating foods such as pizza and potato cakes at recess face being reported to child protection authorities by teachers.

But health experts warn that because almost one-quarter of NSW school kids are now considered overweight or obese, many parents might have trouble recognising their child was unhealthy when teachers try to raise the issue with them.

The NSW Department of Education’s mandatory reporting guide urges teachers to counsel parents if their child’s heavy weight is life-threatening and to report them if they do not take action to stop it.

“Extreme obesity is not the most common form of neglect, but is a serious concern and can be challenging to address,” the policy guidelines state.

The guidelines were introduced in 2016 after the deaths of a primary and a secondary school student who were observed to have “massive” weight gain.

In a slide show compiled by The Department of Education for teachers, it gave the fictional example of Jonnie who is observed to be struggling with schoolwork while being obese.

“I have noticed that he has excessive amounts of food for recess and lunch and spends the whole time eating. And it is all heavy food – potato cakes, pizzas, pies and pastries,” the teacher says in the video.

His parents were eventually reported to the authorities because they did not engage with the support services offered by the school, including a dietitian who suggested medical intervention.

University of Newcastle obesity expert Philip Morgan said eating unhealthy foods had become normalised and a lot of parents wrongly believed their child was not overweight.

“In some ways, parents are not able to recognise their children are overweight or obese because it has become more normalised,” he said. A growing number of parents fed their child a diet of junk food, but believed it was OK because their child remained skinny, he said.

NSW Ministry of Health data found only 6.3 per cent of the general population ate the recommended amount of vegetables in 2019. The same year, 24.8 per cent of boys and 21.1 per cent of girls aged 5 to 16 were considered overweight or obese.

NSW Upper House MP Mark Latham said teachers should try to work with parents rather than reporting them for serious weight issues.

“It is overkill, it would build resentment among parents, it would prohibit a co-operative approach to trying to help,” he said. “The answer has got to be teachers and principals working with the kids to craft a solution.”

A Department of Education spokesman said the parents of obese children were reported only when they were unwilling or unable to get their child to lose weight.

“Where possible, advice is provided to staff to support the parent/carer in accessing relevant services and to ask families if and how they would like assistance to address the food or nutrition concerns held.”

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

John Dillermand
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Teaching at its lowest ebb
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 10:06am

NSW Upper House MP Mark Latham said teachers should try to work with parents rather than reporting them for serious weight issues.

And then we come to why you read this. Plus this is a man who was infamous for his diet of chip sandwiches

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:37pm

Quote:
and potato cakes

huh? WTF is a potato cake .... you skips wouldn't know good food if it bit you on the arse

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:39pm

Valkie wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 8:50am:
Now teachers have been directed to dob in fat kids.
Look out, here comes anorexia and bulimia.

Soon there will be a list of things that kids will be indoctrinated into
Ugly kids
Red haired kids
Skinny kids
poor kids
rich kids
NORMAL KIDS

This indoctrination into an accepted "Compliant and subjugated) population will see robots coming.

Perhaps we simply need to report teachers who dont teach and continue to preach bull shite

Why cant they just teach, you know, LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.

Quote:
Teachers ordered to dob in fat kids

EXCLUSIVE
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS

Policy is ‘overkill’

PARENTS of obese children who are observed to be gaining “massive” amounts of weight and seen eating foods such as pizza and potato cakes at recess face being reported to child protection authorities by teachers.

But health experts warn that because almost one-quarter of NSW school kids are now considered overweight or obese, many parents might have trouble recognising their child was unhealthy when teachers try to raise the issue with them.

The NSW Department of Education’s mandatory reporting guide urges teachers to counsel parents if their child’s heavy weight is life-threatening and to report them if they do not take action to stop it.

“Extreme obesity is not the most common form of neglect, but is a serious concern and can be challenging to address,” the policy guidelines state.

The guidelines were introduced in 2016 after the deaths of a primary and a secondary school student who were observed to have “massive” weight gain.

In a slide show compiled by The Department of Education for teachers, it gave the fictional example of Jonnie who is observed to be struggling with schoolwork while being obese.

“I have noticed that he has excessive amounts of food for recess and lunch and spends the whole time eating. And it is all heavy food – potato cakes, pizzas, pies and pastries,” the teacher says in the video.

His parents were eventually reported to the authorities because they did not engage with the support services offered by the school, including a dietitian who suggested medical intervention.

University of Newcastle obesity expert Philip Morgan said eating unhealthy foods had become normalised and a lot of parents wrongly believed their child was not overweight.

“In some ways, parents are not able to recognise their children are overweight or obese because it has become more normalised,” he said. A growing number of parents fed their child a diet of junk food, but believed it was OK because their child remained skinny, he said.

NSW Ministry of Health data found only 6.3 per cent of the general population ate the recommended amount of vegetables in 2019. The same year, 24.8 per cent of boys and 21.1 per cent of girls aged 5 to 16 were considered overweight or obese.

“It is overkill, it would build resentment among parents, it would prohibit a co-operative approach to trying to help,” he said. “The answer has got to be teachers and principals working with the kids to craft a solution.”

A Department of Education spokesman said the parents of obese children were reported only when they were unwilling or unable to get their child to lose weight.

“Where possible, advice is provided to staff to support the parent/carer in accessing relevant services and to ask families if and how they would like assistance to address the food or nutrition concerns held.”

'tis OK!
They will all be gay!
Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:44pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:37pm:
Quote:
and potato cakes

huh? WTF is a potato cake .... you skips wouldn't know good food if it bit you on the arse

You serious?

I was brought up on Austrian (German) potato cakes.

Well, potato pancakes actually.

Kartoffelpuffers.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:13pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:44pm:
Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

https://www.daringgourmet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Kartoffelpuffer-11.jpg

Where does the original quote come from? Mimo's post doesn't link it.

No matter, I see it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:15pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:13pm:
Where does the original quote come from? Mimo's post doesn't link it.

the article in the OP

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:16pm

Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

so it's a hash brown

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:22pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:16pm:
Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

so it's a hash brown

Hash Brown, Blonde Hash, all good.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:25pm

Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

so it's a hash brown

Yeah, I guess  Sad

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:27pm

Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

so it's a hash brown

That's a bit harsh, Mimo! Is spaghetti in a can still spaghetti?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:25pm:
Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

so it's a hash brown

Yeah, I guess  Sad

Roll Eyes well why didn't they say so .

Hash browns aren't so bad.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:28pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:27pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:25pm:
Quote:
and potato cakes

You serious?

Kartoffelpuffers.

so it's a hash brown

Yeah, I guess  Sad

Roll Eyes well why didn't they say so .

Hash browns aren't so bad.

Kartoffelpuffers sounds better   Smiley

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:28pm

If it's NSW the correct name is potato scallop

IBI

IP Logged

glideslope

Australian Politics

Hervey Bay
Reply #14 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:32pm

Kartoffelpuffer are what we got in then Good Old Germany when we got home from school. In Switzerland they call them Rösti.
usually made from pretty coarse grated spuds.
(Germany is no longer good, but that's another story)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print