Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Zuby's 'Laws' (Read 1782 times)
NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Zuby's 'Laws'
Jul 25th, 2021 at 11:46am

I was going to take a shot at 'Zuby's Rules', but of course others have already done a good job... Like the respondent (their response in bold) below...

1/ Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.

This has been known for thousands of years.

2/ At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.

At least 20% is a pretty vague and meaningless statistic. Well I hesitate to call it a statistic, since it was pulled straight out of his ass. I'd say it's far higher than 20% judging by this forum alone. But hey, which "side" is he referring to? Pro tip: Whichever one you want!

3/ Fear of death is only rivalled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.

This is a repeat of #1.

4/ Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.

The political divide in this country absolutely proves this statement false. If propaganda were just as effective now as it was 100 years ago, there would be no such divide.

5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them.

This is a stupid, meaningless statement. Anything and everything is pretty smacking all-encompassing, and the way its worded, apparently the only people that don't politicize things are those who don't trust the government, which is demonstrably false.

6/ Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.

Again, this is common knowledge going back thousands of years.

7/ Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.

Another meaningless statement meant to reach the retards who lack critical thinking and get their heads nodding. Is he saying the government has never acted in the best interest of the people? Is he saying most people believe the government always acts in the best interest of the people? That they do so a majority of the time? You see, when you actually read the statement, it's kind of hard to decipher the point of it, isn't it?

8/ Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.

Common knowledge. I learned this about people when I was a child.

9/ Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviours - for better or worse.

I hear tell that if it rains you can quickly train people to use umbrellas. Those sheep.

10/ When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.

Those of you without the short term memory of an Alzheimer's patient may have noticed that this is a contradiction to #2. First it was at least 20%, and now it's "most people". I'm glad we've got this guy to give us a news flash that authoritarians use fear to gain power. It's only been littered throughout human history. Hey while we're at it, which "side" does this refer to? Pro tip: Whichever side you want!

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Zuby's 'Laws'
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 11:48am

11/ People who are dismissed as 'conspiracy theorists' are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.

Define "often". Because in my experience, people who are dismissed as conspiracy theorists are often absolute morons with a very poor grasp on the subject. But those retard's heads will nod along with this one because it's exactly what they want to hear (even though it's utter horse poo).

12/ Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said 'safety' is merely an illusion.

Is he referring to those mask-wearing, socially distant sheeple on the left, or the homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic, anti-democracy Trumpanzees on the right? You choose!
In actual fact, nothing in 2020 demonstrated what he claims, as much as he wants to believe otherwise. It's not a black and white issue where people care about absolute freedom over the safety of the community, or vice versa. This imbecile just has no concept of subtlety (which is a growing trend).

13/ Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to 'normal'.

This reads like someone who literally just heard of the phrase "Hedonic adaptation". It has been found in numerous studies that it's actually not difficult to get people back to "normal" after positive or negative events. That's the entire concept of Hedonic adaptation. So I'm really not sure what the hell he's talking about here. Do you?

14/ A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.

Another repeat of #2 and #10. Instead of "at least 20%" or "most people" it's "a significant % of people" though. Who's he referring to here, though? Gotta be Trump and his cult of lunatics, right?

15/ 'The Science' has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.

Ah I never tire of the "Er, well Science is like a religion too!" chestnut that these poo-weasels like to trot out. Another meaningless statement with nothing to back it up.

16/ Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

A repeat of #1 and #3.

17/ Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.

Ah, now we get to the point in the bar-room conversation where the crazy-man who has all the people nodding their heads breaks out the "And everybody knows the government is controlled by shape-shifting aliens" claptrap.

18/ If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.

Did he learn this from his late night sessions with Civilization V? Because I'm not sure how it applies to anything in 2020. I heard the people in North Korea haven't revolted because they're living in the lap of luxury out there.

19/ Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.

Modern people huh? Pretty sure historical people had a bit more of a problem with authoritarian regimes trampling their freedoms. I know this, because I can read.

20/ It's easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.

A repeat of #8, and stolen from actual smart people like Mark Twain and Carl Sagan.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:26pm

North has applied Murphy's Law to Zuby's. While Murphy is partially correct there is mathematical compulsion to entropy. Robert Oppenheimer, after he was politely asked not to work in the laboratories, made several starling discoveries such as the fact that Murphy’s Law is “recursive”, “pessimistically optimal”, and “robustly unfair”.  The recursive nature of the Law is one of the more obvious.  It says, in effect, that Murphy’s Law can’t be out-smarted.  Most people can be Zubed by their Murphs.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:29pm

chimera wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:26pm:
North has applied Murphy's Law to Zuby's. While Murphy is partially correct there is mathematical compulsion to entropy. Robert Oppenheimer, after he was politely asked not to work in the laboratories, made several starling discoveries such as the fact that Murphy’s Law is “recursive”, “pessimistically optimal”, and “robustly unfair”.  The recursive nature of the Law is one of the more obvious.  It says, in effect, that Murphy’s Law can’t be out-smarted.  Most people can be Zubed by their Murphs.

Nice cut and paste of drivel...

But what does Confucius say about wiping you chin?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:41pm

While some people don't believe in Confucius or that Xi was elected by rigged voting machines, those born in Biden's time may not. History proves that propaganda is circular and the incumbent chairman is not.
North is definite on that point.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:43pm

chimera wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:41pm:
While some people don't believe in Confucius or that Xi was elected by rigged voting machines, those born in Biden's time may not. History proves that propaganda is circular and the incumbent chairman is not.

Wiping chin after act is good advice from wise sage. Zuby missed that one.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:58pm

Quote:
5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them.

This is a stupid, meaningless statement. Anything and everything is pretty smacking all-encompassing, and the way its worded, apparently the only people that don't politicize things are those who don't trust the government, which is demonstrably false.

Oh, I don't know. Who would have ever thought a world leader would turn medical masks in a pandemic into an identity issue?

Trump turned his own obstinate vanity into a battlefield in the culture wars. It wasn't any great strategizing or focus group testing either, it was just Trump thinking a mask wouldn't go with his suit. Trump never wore his glasses in public either.

But Trump's refusal to mask up was aped by millions of Americans and displayed as their refusal to believe in covid. Medical masks came to be seen as state/medical forms of power curtailing their freedom of expression. Trump jumped on that, not the other way around, demonstrating the feedback loop that existed between Trump and his followers back in his good old Twitter days.

Trump loved the imitation, even though it cost thousands of lives. Better to go out in style and infect as many as you can than bow down to directives from medical authorities, eh?

Freeeedom.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:02pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:58pm:
Quote:

Oh, I don't know. Who would have ever thought a world leader would turn medical masks in a pandemic into an identity issue?

I guess it didn't help that wearing masks in public was seen as an 'Asian thing'.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:04pm

When asked whether Trumpers trust Mr Pres or not, Zuby was enigmatic and pejorative.  It depends on whether Donald was in government or off the planet.  Now he is halfway back which adds more uncertainty to the paradox.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:04pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:02pm:
Quote:

I guess it didn't help that wearing masks in public was seen as an 'Asian thing'.

Exactly. An Asian thing implemented in their last SARS pandemic, but I doubt many Trump followers would be aware it was an Asian thing.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:05pm

chimera wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:04pm:
When asked whether Trumpers trust Mr Pres or not, Zuby was enigmatic and pejorative.  It depends on whether Donald was in government or off the planet.  Now he is halfway back which adds more uncertainty to the paradox.

Drivel Generator... What would Confucius think?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:08pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:04pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:02pm:
Quote:

Exactly. An Asian thing implemented in their last SARS pandemic, but I doubt many Trump followers would be aware it was an Asian thing.

I'd bet they were (aware it was an Asian thing)... I think it was a worldwide perception of Asians for them to wear masks in public, and way before the last SARS pandemic.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:15pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:29pm:
chimera wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:26pm:

Nice cut and paste of drivel...

But what does Confucius say about wiping you chin?

Man of today who wipe chin must beware of removing makeup?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:15pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 11:46am:
the only people that don't politicize things are those who don't trust the government, which is demonstrably false.

This calls for clarity on whether Trump trusts government or not. The mask issue is tied to this definition and Confucius is mystified. If Trump followers didn't know about Asian masks, how were they manipulated? What's with North?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 1:19pm

chimera wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:41pm:

Zuby is correct. The Chinese cherish their inability to choose their leaders as a virtue. They value safety and security more than political freedom.

The "noble Han", as Aquascoot might say, is quite willing to accept authoritarianism and all that comes with it in return for the economic benefits.

The job, the apartment, the motorscooter, the health care, the pension, the consumer economy.

Or as Aquascoot would say, the accoutrements of the chode, who lives a  life of pure garbage.

Hey - Zuby stole Aquascoot's ideas.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print