Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
I am sick of the olympics (Read 2594 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

I am sick of the olympics
Jul 22nd, 2021 at 6:54pm

well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I am sick of the olympics
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:12pm

Same.

And John Coates is an arsehole.

A misogynistic, bullying arsehole.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:12pm:
Same.

"What a condescending, patronising man. How dare he tick off the Premier of Qld publicly as if she was a naughty schoolgirl? Takes me back to some similar moments in my own career. Too many men in power need to take a really hard look at themselves."  Jane Caro

Well said.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:32pm

Yep, been one day and I've had a gutfull already.  Much as I am no fan of Pallachook, she should have given Coates a slap round the ear for talking to her that way. Is she so enamoured of the Olympics she will take that poo from him?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:00am

"A total of 91 people accredited for the Tokyo Games have tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of July."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:17am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:31pm:
Same.

"What a condescending, patronising man. How dare he tick off the Premier of Qld publicly as if she was a naughty schoolgirl? Takes me back to some similar moments in my own career. Too many men in power need to take a really hard look at themselves."  Jane Caro

Well said.

John Coates is unfit for all the offices this most Machiavellian of sports officials has accrued to himself, including the one he so pompously brandished in the face of Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Wednesday night while pointedly turning his back on her: deputy chair of the Brisbane Olympics candidature leadership group.

Coates is 71, going on stegosaurus. Everything about the image he projected in his peremptory address to Palaszczuk at that media briefing was out of tune: with the moment, which should have been euphoric; with the world right now, which is tired and raw and could do with a bit of civility; and with the times, in which mansplaining is supposed to be going out of fashion.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:35am

Same.

What a douche

I don't understand how's he's still there after the shyte he's been involved in?

He's been there far too long.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:38am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:17am:
Same.

Well said.

John Coates is unfit for all the offices this most Machiavellian of sports officials has accrued to himself, including the one he so pompously brandished in the face of Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Wednesday night while pointedly turning his back on her: deputy chair of the Brisbane Olympics candidature leadership group.

Coates is 71, going on stegosaurus. Everything about the image he projected in his peremptory address to Palaszczuk at that media briefing was out of tune: with the moment, which should have been euphoric; with the world right now, which is tired and raw and could do with a bit of civility; and with the times, in which mansplaining is supposed to be going out of fashion.

No need for trendy woke words

the bloke is just an arrogant dead c*#t.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 6:46am

The olympics has been corrupt for as long as I can remember.
They have encouraged and rewarded cheats .
They are elitist and help noone.
They drive cities, states and countries into immense debts for white elephants.

Who cares if someone can throw something 5 cm further than someone else?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:58am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 6:54pm:
well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

I thought it made a nice change from COVIDS.... now I really am sick to death of hearing about that...can we have a COVIDS FREE NEWS BROADCAST... just now and then..ta least the Olympics will all be over in two weeks..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:02am

Belgarion wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:32pm:
Yep, been one day and I've had a gutfull already.  Much as I am no fan of Pallachook, she should have given Coates a slap round the ear for talking to her that way. Is she so enamoured of the Olympics she will take that poo from him?   

she deserved it  she wlould have insulted the Japanese hosts of this Olympics...she has no manners at all    fancy a remoier having to be told she will attend the opening    BECAUSE ITS THE DONE THING good on him for giving it too her both her and andrews are so bloody arrogant  no one dares tell them how dreadful  and rude they are..

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 9:43am

There are some games
Down in Tokyo town
In the land of the Rising sun
And it's been the ruin
Of many an athlete
And Paleaschick sure ain't one....

With one hand in the Budget
And the other one on a plane,
She's gonna stay
For the Opening Day
And really has no shame....

Louse at the Rising Sun - Grappler Music...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 9:56am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:02am:
she deserved it  she wlould have insulted the Japanese hosts of this Olympics...

you really are a moron. It has nothing to do with the Japanese and everything to do with the IOC

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:07am

she deserved it  she wlould have insulted the Japanese hosts of this Olympics...she has no manners at all    fancy a remoier having to be told she will attend the opening    BECAUSE ITS THE DONE THING good on him for giving it too her both her and andrews are so bloody arrogant  no one dares tell them how dreadful  and rude they are..

Says the rusted on Tory. Roll Eyes

Adjust your dress your bias is showing.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:22am

Gnads wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:07am:

listen to whos talking     IO woujld sahy thats the trouble with you you dont listen to yourself..

she stopped dying people from saying goodbye to their lovedones then blamed her chief Medical Officer....nsrew  still hasnt apologised for the 800 deaths he caused through his disgraceful security mismanagement.. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:27am

John Smith wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 9:56am:
she deserved it  she wlould have insulted the Japanese hosts of this Olympics...

you really are a moron. It has nothing to do with the Japanese and everything to do with the IOC

so the TOKYO OLYMPICS arent taking place in Japan in front of their own Emperor..is that what you are claiming.....idiot!!!the protocol is all to do with the HOST COUNTRY..dumb dumb.its called showing respect something you and your ilk wouldnt understand.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:29am

70% of the japanese do NOT want the games there.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:33am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:27am:
so the TOKYO OLYMPICS arent taking place in Japan in front of their own Emperor..is that what you are claiming.....idiot!!!the protocol is all to do with the HOST COUNTRY..dumb dumb.its called showing respect something you and your ilk wouldnt understand.

irrelevant where it is taking place and which emperor is watching. Unless you think it's only when the Japanese emperor is there that the winner of the future Olympics is expected to attend the opening ceremony. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy It happens every Olympics regardless of who is in the crowd and watching, because it is an IOC requirement. It is not a host city requirement.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:34am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:29am:

only because of covids sprint.....so a bit unfair to judge them on that one.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:35am

pre covid that wasn't the case and post covid it's to late.

To much money had already been spent, preparations undertaken and commitments made, for it to change at the last minute. The Japanese just have to deal with it as best they can.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:39am

John Smith wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:33am:
cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:27am:

irrelevant where it is taking place and which emperor is watching. Unless you think it's only when the Japanese emperor is there that the winner of the future Olympics is expected to attend the opening ceremony. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy It happens every Olympics regardless of who is in the crowd and watching, because it is an IOC requirement. It is not a host city requirement.

irrelevant to someone as ignorant as you..
no pet IT HNAPPENS AT EVERY OLYMPICS>>>

how many votes do you think they would give to a country who as soon  as the got the go ahead pissed off home.. the opening and closing ceremonies are the pride and joy of the Host country.....god your ignorant..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:42am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:39am:
no pet IT HNAPPENS AT EVERY OLYMPICS>>

so nothing to do with the Japanese EMporer .... glad you finally realsied your mistake. Yes it happens at every Olympics, because ti is an IOC requirement.

you just proved my point

how many votes do you think they would give to a country who as soon  as the got the go ahead pissed off home.

votes for what? Once the winner of the bid has been announced there is no more voting. They can be as pissed off as they like, or as you can imagine, it won't change a thing.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:50am

John Smith wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:42am:

so nothing to do with the Japanese EMporer .... glad you finally realsied your mistake. Yes it happens at every Olympics, because ti is an IOC requirement.

you just proved my point

how many votes do you think they would give to a country who as soon  as the got the go ahead pissed off home.

votes for what? Once the winner of the bid has been announced there is no more voting. They can be as pissed off as they like, or as you can imagine, it won't change a thing.

god you stink this place up.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 11:29am

Quote:
.......... And the games continue on, despite 83 percent of Tokyo residents wanting them canceled; despite pleas for their cancellation by Japanese medical officials and nurses already dealing with the current COVID emergency and hospitals at full capacity; despite several dozen Olympic athletes and officials testing positive for COVID and the fact that many of the athletes are unvaccinated themselves.

The IOC keeps going, despite even the most mainstream opposition and calls for accountability; despite the blithely racist punishment of athletes; despite its fascist overtones (and history).

The IOC continues to march on and threaten any athlete who steps too far out of line during the competitions themselves, just like they always have.       ...................

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2021/07/abolish-olympics-tokyo-japan-games-2020

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 11:32am

oops

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #25 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 1:19pm

Classy Matildas flash Abo flag at Olympics... kneel on the throat of Australia:-

"The Matildas kick-started their Tokyo Olympics campaign with a brilliant win on the field, but it was their historic moment before the game that had the world talking.

The Aussies held off a fast-finishing New Zealand outfit to kick-off the tournament with a 2-1 win on Thursday.

Sam Kerr provided the assist for Tameka Yallop's opener and scored in an excellent captain's performance at Tokyo Stadium to secure Australia's first win under Tony Gustavsson.

The Matildas had entered their Olympics opener winless in five games and after a scratchy start, burst to life and dominated the clash.

But the world took notice before the match had even started when the Matildas joined New Zealand, and a number of other countries - including the US and Great Britain - in an unprecedented Olympic moment.

In the opening game of the tournament, the Great Britain women's football team took a knee with their Chilean counterparts before the whistle.

Later on, the USWNT and the Sweden team took a knee.

When it came to the Matildas' game, the bench could be seen gripping the Aboriginal flag during the national anthem.

And instead of taking a knee at the whistle, the Matildas opted for a different show of activism.

The Matildas showed why they are adored in the nation with the team linking arm-in-arm before the whistle."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 1:41pm

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:58am:
well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

I thought it made a nice change from COVIDS.... now I really am sick to death of hearing about that...can we have a COVIDS FREE NEWS BROADCAST... just now and then..ta least the Olympics will all be over in two weeks..

Agree 100 % with you Cods!

I’m am so sick of hearing about COVID.

It’s a nice change to hear about Olympics.

I watched the opening last night.

It was very simplified and beautiful in its own way.
I sort of felt sorry with no one in the spectator seats.
The cauldron is beautiful, like a lotus flower opening up.
The blue and white outfits depicting all the different sports was amazing and my favourite part.

I wish the athletes the very best for all the years they have trained and prepared for this.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 4:27pm

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:50am:
John Smith wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:42am:

you just proved my point

god you stink this place up.

how can you tell with the permanent waft of wine oozing through your pores?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 4:59pm

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:34am:

Judge them?

Nobody's judging them.

I think what Sprint's saying is why should the country have the games forced upon them when the vast majority of its citizens don't want it.

And, this just in:

"In a survey released on Monday in Japan, 83 percent of those polled said they did not want Tokyo to hold the Olympics and Paralympics."

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:10pm

I am looking forward to the womens beach volleyball the swimming the athletics and the closing ceremony.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 4:59pm:

Judge them?

Nobody's judging them.

I think what Sprint's saying is why should the country have the games forced upon them when the vast majority of its citizens don't want it.

And, this just in:

"In a survey released on Monday in Japan, 83 percent of those polled said they did not want Tokyo to hold the Olympics and Paralympics."

it wasnt a dig a sprint  the facts are!the only reason the Japanese are against the games is because of covids and they have a right to be under the cirumstances but we you and I have no idea what expense goes into these games long beforea country decides to nominate..personally I dont want to know I am sure its eye watering all I know is over 200 countries have sent teams...so what do you do??????????its only on for two weeks every 4 years why be miserable about it..

does anyone know of the para-olympics are being run at the same time this time round???..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:16pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:10pm:
I am looking forward to the womens beach volleyball the swimming the athletics and the closing ceremony.

good on ya.. so far aus isnt doing too bad.. I think the beach volleyball is for pervs   sorry about that!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:17pm

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:14pm:

Judge them?

Nobody's judging them.

And, this just in:

it wasnt a dig a sprint  the facts are!the only reason the Japanese are against the games is because of covids and they have a right to be under the cirumstances but we you and I have no idea what expense goes into these games long beforea country decides to nominate..personally I dont want to know I am sure its eye watering all I know is over 200 countries have sent teams...so what do you do??????????its only on for two weeks every 4 years why be miserable about it..

Because it's a COVID super-spreader event, and people will die because of it.

The Paralympic Games are due to run between 24 August and 5 September.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:23pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:17pm:
cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:14pm:

Judge them?

Nobody's judging them.

And, this just in:

Because it's a COVID super-spreader event, and people will die because of it.

The Paralympic Games are due to run between 24 August and 5 September.

well its hard to prove dont you think we have had 5 deaths some didnt even have the vaccine  most were over 80 or 90...I havent heard anything from India  I did hear where countries like Australia were sending them vaccine ...did we jump up and down about doing that??? we seem to be lowering our standards so nothing will surprise me.... we dont want to help each other let alone 3rd world countries. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 6:54pm

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 5:16pm:

good on ya.. so far aus isnt doing too bad.. I think the beach volleyball is for pervs   sorry about that!

You don't have to be sorry but they should not be wearing skimpy little bikinis in any sport at the olympics, it detracts from the sport

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 6:58pm

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:22am:
Gnads wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:07am:

listen to whos talking     IO woujld sahy thats the trouble with you you dont listen to yourself..

she stopped dying people from saying goodbye to their lovedones then blamed her chief Medical Officer....nsrew  still hasnt apologised for the 800 deaths he caused through his disgraceful security mismanagement.. Angry Angry Angry

Who? what?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:02pm

Jealousy is a curse.

The outfits on swimmers & gymnasts are very brief .... to say the least.

But so what? If you have it .. flaunt it.

Bet you liked Matt Shirvingtons meat & 2 veg  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:03pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 6:54pm:

You don't have to be sorry but they should not be wearing skimpy little bikinis in any sport at the olympics, it detracts from the sport

BS ... you prude.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Kat
Gold Member

Socialism IS the answer.

Everywhere and no-where
Reply #38 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:11pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:38am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 7:17am:
Same.

Well said.

No need for trendy woke words

the bloke is just an arrogant dead c*#t.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Except to add that he always was.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:16pm by Kat »  

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:05pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 7:03pm:

Its not very lady like falling in the sand spread eagled in skimpy bikinis with a hundred HD cams on them, they seem to like the attention though.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 6:59am

Sport doesn't cater for "lady like". It's a competition, not dinner with the Queen.
Do you want them to play in a muzzie beach suit?

The best thing you can all do is stop watching television....period. You're addicted to programming.
The world becomes a much nicer place when you do.....and the fkkkers programming you all are powerless. It would be such a better world without television and the MSM.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #41 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 7:42am

Real men did the Olympics with all their gear off.  The audience sat on stone walls.  No women.  Winners got an olive wreath. 
That was style.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:48am

Johnnie wrote on Jul 24th, 2021 at 8:05pm:

Its not very lady like falling in the sand spread eagled in skimpy bikinis with a hundred HD cams on them, they seem to like the attention though.

and have a look at what the blokes wear for the same sport  Roll EyesI think its very demeaning

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:55pm

cods wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:48am:

and have a look at what the blokes wear for the same sport  Roll EyesI think its very demeaning

The blokes wear what they do now but not always

they used to wear Dick togs/budgie smugglers

until they were deemed unfashionable

or sneered at by prudes like you.

I pray that bikinis for women never become unfashionable

& the wowsers can go take a running jump.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 5:44pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 6:59am:
Sport doesn't cater for "lady like". It's a competition, not dinner with the Queen.

The best thing you can all do is stop watching television
....period. You're addicted to programming.
The world becomes a much nicer place when you do.....and the fkkkers programming you all are powerless. It would be such a better world without television and the MSM.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 5:51pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 5:44pm:

Indeed.

Just YouTube. Netflix, Prime, and Stan for me.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:24pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 5:51pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 5:44pm:

Indeed.

Just YouTube. Netflix, Prime, and Stan for me.

The captain had some good advice but he didn't mean pumping the head full of other crap to compensate.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:30pm

Gnads wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:55pm:

Save your prayers that will never happen.

It's not being prudish to expect events in the olympic games be performed in modest attire.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 8:54am

Johnnie wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 9:30pm:
Gnads wrote on Jul 25th, 2021 at 12:55pm:

Save your prayers that will never happen.

It's not being prudish to expect events in the olympic games be performed in modest attire.

Rubbish ... that's exactly what you are .. a bloody prude..... a wowser ... puritanical in fact.

The original Olympics were competed in in the nude.

Oh & you better get the male divers out of their dick togs whilst you're at it ey? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 9:02pm

Did you hear the new olympic games events ?

Tic Tac Toe.

Heads and Tails .......

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 9:47pm

well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

Cheeses, it barely started!

I am sensing  massive discontentment with the world, life, the universe.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 6:11pm

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 9:47pm:
well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

I have disliked the olympics for a long time.

You are better off to go for a walk around your own block than watch anyone else compete at anything.

Your own game is the best game.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #52 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 8:44pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 6:11pm:
well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

You are better off to go for a walk around your own block than watch anyone else compete at anything.

Did you consider that the Olympics could help motivate people to get into fitness? I watch running videos of the 5000 metre track. I like to see how well the competitors improve over short periods of time inside a year. So far, my best 4km time is 20 minutes. I obviously want to get down to 15 minutes for the distance.

Nothing wrong at all seeing other people's hard work pay off on the international stage. That helps inspire the rest of us to get off our arses and do something for our health. The real kicker is when we see the Paralympians go about doing faster times and show more athleticism than most of us.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 8:54pm

She was right to demur as she so obviously did.  That was the day before the opening ceremony and she was not there to cause conflict like that prick Coates so obviously was.  He is toast.  He will be long gone (IMO) before the 2032 Olympics are held in Brisbane.

Here's hoping my arse will still be pointing downwards to the ground then.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 8:59pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 8:44pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 6:11pm:
well over it.
Cut ALL news of it.

Did you consider that the Olympics could help motivate people to get into fitness? I watch running videos of the 5000 metre track. I like to see how well the competitors improve over short periods of time inside a year. So far, my best 4km time is 20 minutes. I obviously want to get down to 15 minutes for the distance.

Nothing wrong at all seeing other people's hard work pay off on the international stage. That helps inspire the rest of us to get off our arses and do something for our health. The real kicker is when we see the Paralympians go about doing faster times and show more athleticism than most of us.

quite fair comments

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:31pm

Did I hear right on the news tonight - an Australian Olympic Games medal winner got put away for 25 years on drug charges?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:39pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:31pm:
Did I hear right on the news tonight - an Australian Olympic Games medal winner got put away for 25 years on drug charges?

Nathan Baggaley. 25 years for millions of dollars worth of imports of cocaine. 600 kilograms worth of cocaine, that is.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:40pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:39pm:

Nathan Baggaley. 25 years for millions of dollars worth of imports of cocaine.

Yay, Olympic athletes   Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 9:39pm:

Nathan Baggaley. 25 years for millions of dollars worth of imports of cocaine. 600 kilograms worth of cocaine, that is.

What was his sport - kettle bell swinging?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #59 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 10:01pm

Sprint canoeist.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print