No    
  8 (80.0%)
I smoke non tobacco substances    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 10
« Created by: rhino on: Jul 22nd, 2021 at 9:16pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
When smoking was healthy (Read 2469 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: When smoking was healthy
Reply #30 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:16pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:09pm:
Yeah, they all smoke over there. Sitting around smoking is a national past time. Quite common for chain smokers to smoke 3 - 4 packs a day. And yes, a lot of these people struggling to feed their families are spending money on cigarettes. Most of their tobacco has cloves in it, I am convinced this makes it more addictive. 

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #31 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:18pm

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #32 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:21pm

Gordon wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:16pm:
Yeah, they all smoke over there. Sitting around smoking is a national past time. Quite common for chain smokers to smoke 3 - 4 packs a day. And yes, a lot of these people struggling to feed their families are spending money on cigarettes. Most of their tobacco has cloves in it, I am convinced this makes it more addictive. 

I thought I'd seen everything.   Shocked

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:24pm

Im actually surprised 15 percent of Australians smoke, I thought it would be lower.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:31pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:24pm:
Im actually surprised 15 percent of Australians smoke, I thought it would be lower.

Very dependant on demographics. Of my family and close friends, I can't think of one who smokes.

The smoking rate for Aboriginal people 16 years and over in NSW is still considerably high. HealthStats NSW shows that in 2018-19, the smoking rate among Aboriginal people is 26.4 per cent,​ which is double the rate for non-Aboriginal people, which was 10.1 per cent.

This article shows 10% for NSW

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/tobacco/Pages/aboriginal-communities-smoking.aspx

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 9:13pm

True, probably 100 percent of bogans smoke.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 9:16pm

poll added

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:23am

Yes I noticed that too! Once I found out how cheap their packet of cigarettes were!
Compared to the high cost of it here in our country!

Just recently I mentioned to hubby how Indonesia Covid rate is soaring!
And then remembered they are big smokers there! Poor lungs have a hard time surviving all those issues!!

Something I read ages ago about feng shui/yin and Yan…with date we are born related to one of these 5 elements… wood, metal, water, fire, earth etc which explains why some can smoke and live until 90 and others decades less.

This might explain it better.

Chinese Astrology and Smoking explained.
In Chinese astrology, Metal element represents the respiratory systems of our body, the Lungs, throats and noses.

For cigarette which is made of tobacco leaf. It is the wood element. When smoking, a cigarette is lit and burnt. Wood enhances fire and fire conquers metal. (Metal melts under high temperature) Fire burns the respiratory systems (metal).

In Chinese Astrology theory, each person was born with one of the Five Elements. Any of this Five Element can be strong or weak. For example a person born with Metal Element, this Metal element can be Strong or weak. If a person was born with weak Metal Element, then fire can conquer this weak metal person. This person if smoke he or she will be easily getting cancers or respiratory systems problems. On other hand, if a person was born with Strong Metal Element, or Strong Wood Element then smoking will not be too much of harm to his/her respiratory system.

So a person with weak metal element, smoking will kill him. When I am writing this article I remember sometimes ago there was some news about a Tasmania Premier: James Becon (15th May 1950 to June 2004). He was only 54 years when he died of lung cancer. I looked up his birthday data. He was born on the 15th May 1950. 15th of May was a metal day in Snake (fire) month. He was a weak metal. He was a smoker for over thirty years. More interestingly he was died in June (Fire Month) and fire day. Spooky!! I reckon if he would have quitted smoking, he would be still alive today!

All in all, there are a few things we can learn from this case. Firstly, people born with weak metal element, smoking is dangerous for them. Secondly the Chinese calendar system, the Heavenly Stems and Earthly Branches can also be applied to people born in south hemisphere. And thirdly, people with weak metal better quit smoking.

This is the theory behind Chinese Astrology and smoking.

Lastly a question for you to think about: why some people get soar throat after having a BBQ?

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:45am

Also, when in hospital … you get this clip on your index finger where they measure oxygen level in your blood.
Cigarette smoker have lower oxygen count in their blood I was told.

I’m in a private hospital now… my oxygen level is 95.
Blood pressure excellent.
After a couple hours operation, I was up and walking around room setting my phone charger etc.
Nurse said I should get up slowly or I might get dizzy after anaesthetic….
I didn’t feel dizzy at all and only went slow by advice.
I heard her say to next nurse on shift… “and she was walking here and there  all around the room”
Now, pending this op I did some of my own prep… tai chi, lots of vitamins…plenty water, eating less (halved my meals) and even the hospital meal tonight… I only had half … except the yummy desert!

It’s the way to do it… eat less if travelling in plane as we are just sitting there, and also on cruises, eat light on first cruise sailing day so as to not get sea sick.
I used to smoke, but gave up when I was 24…. Thank goodness!!!
My younger brother by over 5 years died last year and he smoked always… he would cough slightly and sounded like he had croup!

My dad too was a smoker and in the end his heart gave way… autopsy said his heart had swollen with nicotine from cigarettes. He was 67.

Not sure about these e-cigs where young ones are seemingly getting popcorn lungs? All these stupid trends!

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #39 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:14pm

And who could forget:

download_036.jpg (11 KB | 5 )
download_036.jpg

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:18pm

Vic wrote on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:14pm:
And who could forget:

And a larger version that is readable.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1BLJXZGU3L.jpg

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #41 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:48pm

rhino wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 8:24pm:

Yeah. Just got back from a party on Saturday night. Not one of the family members smoked. That out of 150 guests. Meanwhile, every third person at work smokes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print