Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Employer Reporting Line Dubbed DobSeeker (Read 1685 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: The Employer Reporting Line Dubbed DobSeeker
Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2021 at 9:12pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 9:07pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 9:06pm:
The way I believe it works, particularly with Chinese, restaurant owner sponsors or facilitates in some other way students to come to Australia then work in restaurant for $5/hr. They won't complain tho because if they do, parents in China will be worked over.

Really.

I remember you once bragged about paying an Indian cabbie $10/hr.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:49am

Let's get this straight - 'all chinese restaurant owners' who had a problem with people not accepting $5 an hour is not the same as all chinese restaurant owners... but in the context it did infer that all the perpetrators were chinese.... meaning no other group did that....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 8:29am

Gordon wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 9:12pm:
The way I believe it works, particularly with Chinese, restaurant owner sponsors or facilitates in some other way students to come to Australia then work in restaurant for $5/hr. They won't complain tho because if they do, parents in China will be worked over.

Really.

Really?  Post a link.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:14pm

Really.

Yes really. The ones that are working in restaurants are the lucky ones, some are forced into brothels or petty crime to pay back the 'debt' they owe their sponsors. Not just Chinese, but other Asian, Indian and African workers are exploited the same way.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:24pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:14pm:

Really.

Yes really. The ones that are working in restaurants are the lucky ones, some are forced into brothels or petty crime to pay back the 'debt' they owe their sponsors. Not just Chinese, but other Asian, Indian and African workers are exploited the same way.

Ah, yes - all very advanced cultures that are going to swamp the West and take over and teach us how to run things properly....  where are those Sinophiles/schills for the  CCP now... they'll tell us about their superior culture and government....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:34pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 8:41pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 8:33pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 8:31pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 8:12pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 8:10pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 7:56pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 6:15pm:
Quote:
“We’ve got reports from restaurants in Sydney

I bet most of the complaints come from an industry that expects to be able to exploit workers like hospitality.

probably all Chinese restaurant owners whose potential victims refused to work for $5/hr.

That's racist Mimo.

No choo choo, whats racist is pretending all chinese do it.

But... but that's exactly what you said. "All Chinese restaurant owners" Not all restaurant owners, I believe  some "Master Chef" is or was one of the biggest offenders and he's not Chinese.

no it wasn't, I responded to your comment about the complaints ... ALL THE COMPLAINTS came from chinese restaurant owners. Not that all Chinese restaurant owners pay $5/hr. Learn to read English you fool.

How do you know this?

farken you were bad enough before dementia but now it's getting beyond a joke and turning you into a total moron ... what part of 'PROBABLY' did you struggle with?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:36pm

Really.

cabbies don't get paid by the hour you twit

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #22 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:59am

Belgarion wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 3:46pm:
You will find a lot of advertised jobs have a caveat like "experienced" or "must have own transport" in the job description.  This eliminates applicants like those looking for any sort of work,  those just starting out or those with very little resources to begin with. 

You will also find that a lot of job advertisements continue to be advertised week after week month after month. These are not adds for real jobs they are recruitment agencies trying to put names on their books in case a job does one day become available.

You may think this dishonest - you would be correct.

One advantage is that nobody is saying you can't apply for this same job every month as part of the however many jobs mutual effort test. May as well you already have the resume.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 12:37am

Dnarever wrote on Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:59am:
Belgarion wrote on Jun 12th, 2021 at 3:46pm:
You will find a lot of advertised jobs have a caveat like "experienced" or "must have own transport" in the job description.  This eliminates applicants like those looking for any sort of work,  those just starting out or those with very little resources to begin with. 

You will also find that a lot of job advertisements continue to be advertised week after week month after month. These are not adds for real jobs they are recruitment agencies trying to put names on their books in case a job does one day become available.

You may think this dishonest - you would be correct.

One advantage is that nobody is saying you can't apply for this same job every month as part of the however many jobs mutual effort test. May as well you already have the resume.

Resume looting and advertising nonexistent jobs should be banned, with strong penalties. This can be stamped out with a reinstated CES. The amount of red tape that is interposed between jobseekers and available jobs is staggering.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:47pm

Bam wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 12:37am:
Resume looting and advertising nonexistent jobs should be banned, with strong penalties.

It'll never happen./ The worst offenders are govt. departments. They often promote from within before they even advertise, but due to govt. regulations they have to advertise and pretend they're going through the motions

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:52pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 13th, 2021 at 12:36pm:

Really.

Aussie showed us the workings of how much his cabby earned, after Aussie took his cut it was $10 an hour, and Aussie thought that was good. No sick pay, holiday pay, super.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:57pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:52pm:

Really.

Aussie showed us the workings of how much his cabby earned, after Aussie took his cut it was $10 an hour, and Aussie thought that was good. No sick pay, holiday pay, super.

Again, cabbies don't get paid by the hour

you should keep repeating that to yourself until it sinks in ..... just be prepared for the long haul ... afterall, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:10pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:57pm:

Really.

you should keep repeating that to yourself until it sinks in ..... just be prepared for the long haul ... afterall, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed

Would you work for $10/hr? Aussie thinks that's a good deal.

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:12pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:10pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 15th, 2021 at 6:57pm:

Really.

you should keep repeating that to yourself until it sinks in ..... just be prepared for the long haul ...
afterall, you're not the sharpest tool in the shed

Would you work for $10/hr? Aussie thinks that's a good deal.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 7:21pm

Really.

Jayzuz, you are silly.  Post the link.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print