Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
God, in His wisdom, chose to deal with humanity in (Read 829 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
God, in His wisdom, chose to deal with humanity in
May 15th, 2021 at 3:35pm

God, in His wisdom, chose to deal with humanity in this way.

"How can God be in control when the world contains so much evil?"

"And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment..."

"Second, human nature naturally thinks that the way God handles things is unfair,..."

Quote:

Ecclesiastes 3:16-17

(16) And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. (17) I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

King James Version

How can God be in control when the world contains so much evil? How can God be in control with the evil prospering in their sins and the righteous suffering in their obedience? Does that not seem backward from the way that we would think of God operating things? How should a Christian react to this?

Certainly, Solomon was not the first to ask this question. As much as we might dislike having to deal with this, it is nonetheless a reality. In His wisdom, God chose to deal with humanity in this way, and perhaps most especially, to allow His own children to face these same circumstances.

Solomon was comforted by two godly realities that we should also understand and use. First, he assures us that God will judge. The timing of His judgment is in God's capable hands. Therefore, we must remember that nobody among humanity will get away with the evil that he does. The wages of sin—death—is a reality (Romans 6:23). We cannot allow ourselves to forget that God is judging. It is a continuous process, and in many cases, we simply are not aware of present, unseen penalties that the evil person may already be paying.

Second, human nature naturally thinks that the way God handles things is unfair, a judgment that is the work of the spirit of this world (Ephesians 2:2-3). However, God's perception of timing and judgment is a much broader and more specific picture regarding each person than we can see. We are not walking in others' shoes, nor are we aware of what God is planning for them to experience. Therefore, what we must know and properly utilize is the fact that, in a major way, other people are none of our business. That is God's concern, and He will take care of things in His time.

- John W. Ritenbaugh

source is The Berean Daily Verse and Comment, WWW search

Many feel that;
This life is 'a female dog',    ....and then we die.  [i.e. that 'life is so unfair']

But what is always, always, always essentially true, is,     ...that each one of us, are free to choose,
how we respond to our own 'circumstances'.

And.....

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- Professor Dumbledore - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I love God.

He is working out HIS plan.

And HE knows exactly what he is doing.

It is, a wonderful thing....

Matthew 13:26
But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27  So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28  He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29  But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Psalms 118:19
Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
20  This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
21  I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
22  The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23  This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Re: God, in His wisdom, chose to deal with humanity in
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2021 at 1:53pm

Do you honestly expect a cogent response to your curdled theological soup?

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2021 at 4:30pm

Love to see even a hint of evidence that gawd exists.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2021 at 8:03pm

The intricacy and complexity of the human genome.

The existence of myriad galaxies and stars in the night sky.

The source, of our own self awareness.

The unfathomable 'natural' laws which 'surround' each one of us, and which act upon so many aspects of our everyday life.

....so many things which human beings seek understanding of, yet can only present simple suppositions, as we ponder these things around us, so far beyond our proper comprehension.

Maybe you believe my existence, and my self awareness, is not explainable ?

A chance circumstance ?

Yeah.    ....just like a winning Lottery ticket.

Dictionary;
supposition = = an assumption or hypothesis.

'Grab a beer Pete, and lets watch the game.'
- Gazza

Incredibly incurious,
and self-satisfied with the 'allotted' circumstances and surroundings they 'grew into', from their 'childhood'.

So incredibly incurious.

'Comfortable'.

Psalms 9:10
And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Isaiah 26:9
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #4 - May 16th, 2021 at 10:01pm

God is, yadda. He's just nothing like you think he is. Category difference, for want of a better term.  You can think only in material terms. God is in only non-material terms (trascendence).

God is a person only in the radically non-material way, if we can conceive that.  He is not an old bloke.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2021 at 10:07pm

if God or a God does exist then its likely in a form we cant comprehend, mathematically the universe has 11 dimensions, if God exists in a fourth or further dimension we would not be able to have an understanding.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - May 17th, 2021 at 12:22am

@ Reply #4, and Reply #5

Agatha,

I don't understand   what   God 'is'.

To me, God is a spirit entity.  [to me the spirit realm is real, but i don't understand how or spatially, 'where' it exists.]

To me, God has [is capable of having] an 'intersectional' relationship with men and women.

And he does.

God, as an entity, has an ability to make himself known to us.

He is very real, and, no, he is not 'an old bloke'.

God is a spirit entity, and he has 'agents', angels, who act on his behalf.

There are also demons [spirit entities].    ....but for some reason, they [the disembodied ones] never bother me now.

If a person comes to LOVE God, through coming to understand His character [and through seeking to please Him], through reading scripture [God's WORD],
God's spirit will 'come' to him or her, to guide and to protect that person [to some extent].

And God's spirit, every day, will teach that person how to choose.

God is also able to 'convey'/direct his protection over us, as a consequence of how we choose.  !!

If you want to experience such encounters [such an influence] in your personal life, i would encourage anyone, to read the Book of Psalms and the Book of Proverbs.   [i prefer the KJV]
....in doing this, you are looking to see, if the words which you are reading [if the 'spirit' in those words] appeal to your own psyche.

If you HATE lawlessness, and if you LOVE the righteousness of God, the spirit of God will begin to reveal Himself to you ['intersectionally'].

Yadda said somewhere.....
Quote:

Reading scripture is a form of spiritual invocation [i believe].
And imo, the words and thoughts expressed within scripture, express [to me] the mind of our God.
And, reading those words and thoughts, exposes me to that spirit, which i [choose, and] want to be influenced by.
i.e.
The spirit of God.
It is that simple.

John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Revelation 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2021 at 10:45am

Yadda talks about God endlessly, barely puts his morals into practice.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - May 17th, 2021 at 1:57pm

Psalms 1:1
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Blessed is who ?

Liars ?

Oath breakers ?

Covenant breakers ?

No.

Psalms 28:3
Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
4  Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

Psalms 15:1
LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
2  He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
3  He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
4  In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
5  He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

Psalms 83:1
Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
2  For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
3  They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
4  They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
5  For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
6  The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;
7  Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;

Psalms 73:1
Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print