Mr Inbetween (Read 335 times)
Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Mr Inbetween
May 11th, 2021 at 5:10pm

Anyone watching this? An Aussie one. Funny.  Grin

Quote:
Inspired by the critically acclaimed feature film The Magician, Scott Ryan reprises the role of charismatic, yet volatile hit-man Ray Shoesmith. Driven by dark humour and off-beat conversation, the series follows Ray as he navigates his chilling business, while also maintaining friendships, parental responsibilities and a fledgling romance. Tough roles to juggle in the modern age and even harder when you're a criminal for hire.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Mr Inbetween
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2021 at 12:19am

Oh my god! I was about to start a topic about this, if anyone else had not. I saw a facebook post from a news article about this show. I thought it weird that a newspaper would actually do an article on the show. I was curious, so watched an episode.

I was hooked straight away. I could not wait to get home that night and watch the other 2 episodes. The next day, I watched the last episodes of season 1. I cannot be bothered to watch the next few seasons until I feel comfortable with getting work and stuff out of the way. i want to completely enjoy the show without distractions.

I will post my thoughts when I have caught up to the season 3 ending.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Mr Inbetween
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2021 at 9:38pm

Having watched the remainder of season 3, I have to say that I am impressed by the show. Chika Yasamura is well placed to be a great actress in coming years. I did like Scott Ryan's portrayal of Ray Shoesmith -- the hitman/dealer/doorman/taxi driver. There was a lot of dark humour in this show.

Easily a blend of Wolf Creek, Breaking Bad, and Underbelly. If you like any of those movies, this Mr Inbetween show should suit you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print