Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Boy killed sleeping in bin (Read 10564 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Boy killed sleeping in bin
Reply #15 - May 11th, 2021 at 11:25pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:19pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:10pm:
Slept so soundly that they did not hear the approaching garbage truck? Were they on painkillers at the time?

Sadly - like me as a child - worn out from not sleeping at night due to having a single thin blanket, cold from no shoes or warm clothing etc.... when sleep arrives it is a blessing.... you either cooked in the hot weather and couldn't sleep or froze in the frosty winter with one blanket ... and then went to school as one of the reigning genii at top 2% of IQs and couldn't even stay awake.

You had to be there... I graduated high school in the A class at 15, and then had to make my way on my own at $4.20 a fortnight until I found the Army, who gave me shoes, blankets, and $10 a week plus extra for specialty and then extra for combat pay.

You seriously had to be there....

That was luxury:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #16 - May 11th, 2021 at 11:25pm

However....   Undecided If a recycling truck approaches, and you are fast asleep, you will not be asleep for much longer. And when the forks come down to pick up the bin, the mechanism to do so makes a hell of a noise. You could have as little as 10 seconds to wake up and get out of the bin before the bin is picked up to be dumped into the back. You would need to be heavily medicated to not be able to wake up and move sufficiently to either avoid that accident or be able to alert anyone that you are in the bin.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - May 11th, 2021 at 11:26pm

FFS Bobby...

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #18 - May 12th, 2021 at 12:09am

Bobby. wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:25pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:19pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:10pm:
Slept so soundly that they did not hear the approaching garbage truck? Were they on painkillers at the time?

Sadly - like me as a child - worn out from not sleeping at night due to having a single thin blanket, cold from no shoes or warm clothing etc.... when sleep arrives it is a blessing.... you either cooked in the hot weather and couldn't sleep or froze in the frosty winter with one blanket ... and then went to school as one of the reigning genii at top 2% of IQs and couldn't even stay awake.

You had to be there... I graduated high school in the A class at 15, and then had to make my way on my own at $4.20 a fortnight until I found the Army, who gave me shoes, blankets, and $10 a week plus extra for specialty and then extra for combat pay.

You seriously had to be there....

That was luxury:

Yes - it's a joke - my kids' mother thought so....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 12th, 2021 at 2:55am

This is the saddest story i have come across in some time. I'm sick to my stomach that this happened. That poor child.

And to read it here, of all places. This place ... devoid of empathy and compassion as it is.

I see the thread is mostly taken up with Aboriginal bashing; recitations of endemic abuse and all that. Cries of usual suspets from the usual suspect. All without knowing the details. One poster could look no further to comment than 'Aboriginal" .. with an exclamation point, for emphasis of course.

I'm so dazed from reading these posts i can't even remember is anyone took the time out to be horrified but i really don;t think so.

Without thinking too hard at all, i can think of a half a dozen reasons that boy might have been in that bin. And not all of them lay the fault at the feet of the parents. But without knowing any fact other than a poor child has horribly died, you lot are judge, jury and executioner.

And you know what that is?

It's prejudice.

To put it more bluntly, it's racism.

And you wonder why it keeps needing to be pointed out to you.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #20 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:19am

Gordon wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 4:33pm:
An 11,12 and 13 year old sleeping in a bin and the parents weren't looking for them?
I guess they don't have life360 on their phone.

Aboriginal boy, 13, dies after bin he was sleeping in emptied into garbage truck in South Australia

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/may/11/aboriginal-boy-13-dies-af...

It doesnt say the parents werent looking for them

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #21 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:22am

mothra wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:55am:
This is the saddest story i have come across in some time. I'm sick to my stomach that this happened. That poor child.

And to read it here, of all places. This place ... devoid of empathy and compassion as it is.

I see the thread is mostly taken up with Aboriginal bashing; recitations of endemic abuse and all that. Cries of usual suspets from the usual suspect. All without knowing the details. One poster could look no further to comment than 'Aboriginal" .. with an exclamation point, for emphasis of course.

I'm so dazed from reading these posts i can't even remember is anyone took the time out to be horrified but i really don;t think so.

Without thinking too hard at all, i can think of a half a dozen reasons that boy might have been in that bin. And not all of them lay the fault at the feet of the parents. But without knowing any fact other than a poor child has horribly died, you lot are judge, jury and executioner.

It's prejudice.

Yeah you are gunna cop some abuse for this post mate

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 12th, 2021 at 6:10am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:22am:

It's prejudice.

Yeah you are gunna cop some abuse for this post mate

Spot

So what else is new.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 12th, 2021 at 6:37am

Bobby. wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:19pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:03pm:
Well - where were they?  Dad in prison and Mum in rehab... probably the most reliable scenario.

The family that were upset were cousins and one auntie..... all Aboriginal women, BTW ... and you know I'm no feminist ...  not a peep from the parents....

Why do some people bring children into the world?
They obviously don't give a stuff about them.

I dont know if you are a parent bobby..  if you have no experience  I can tell you  its no walk in the park.... run away children can in fact happen to any of us..... my own son put me and his dad through the wringer for a while  you would have to ask him now if we were BAD parents.... Angry Angrythe point being at that age he thought we were....

as far as the news goes this boy was not homeless nor was he in State care.. he had a lot of friends ,

how about we stop being so judgemental...and automatically condemning...

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #24 - May 12th, 2021 at 7:22am

It's prejudice.

large.jpg (20 KB | 5 )
large.jpg

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 12th, 2021 at 7:55am

Neferti wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 7:22am:

It's prejudice.

I doubt anybody expected you to have any compassion, Neferti.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 12th, 2021 at 7:55am

a thread like this shouldnt be about the members. too many threads on social issues  get turned into slanging matches  instead of maybe finding answers to these never ending problems...kids will always run away but no one wants to see them die like this.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 12th, 2021 at 8:10am

cods wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 7:55am:
a thread like this shouldnt be about the members.

It shouldn't be about racism and ignorance either, but it always is.

Sad story, indeed.

Sad for everyone.

The truck driver must be devastated.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 12th, 2021 at 8:14am

greggerypeccary wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 8:10am:
cods wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 7:55am:
a thread like this shouldnt be about the members.

It shouldn't be about racism and ignorance either, but it always is.

Sad story, indeed.

Sad for everyone.

The truck driver must be devastated.

Man, the poor truck driver.

And the first responders ... and the investigators ... and the clean-up crew.

So much absolute horror.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #29 - May 12th, 2021 at 8:20am

If the ytruck driver was a muzzo it wouldnt bother him.

They like blowing up young girls at schools
Blowing up children at children's concerts and
Running down children with trucks.

If he was an aussie, I feel for him.
He will remember this day for the rest of his life.
Always thinking "if only"

But it wasn't his fault, it was the system and the parents who should never have had children in the first place.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print