Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UGH! (Read 603 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

UGH!
May 11th, 2021 at 8:45am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/experts-say-transgender-inclusive-bre...

Female medical experts have urged women’s health organisations not to marginalise new mums as they attempt to accommodate trans men who give birth by renaming breastfeeding as “chestfeeding” and “human milk feeding”.

The call comes after it was revealed the Australian Breastfeeding Association spent the past two years helping Sydney organisation Rainbow Families develop a book for new gay, lesbian, transsexual and non-binary parents.

That book has not yet been published but Rainbow Families said participants who sign up to a July “breastfeeding, chestfeeding and human milk feeding class” will be issued with a copy, according to their website.

The vast majority of breastfeeding is done by women and women are still not well supported when it comes to breastfeeding, whether that be at home, at work or in the community,” she said. “Let’s be inclusive but let’s not overlook and marginalise women in the process.“

One member of the Australian Breastfeeding Association, who did not wish to be named, said there was intense political pressure to obliterate gendered language.

“It is quite a small group but it is a growing number of people and the pressure to accommodate trans and non-binary parents is not just coming from them, it is coming from others,” she said.

“The pressure is quite intense, organisations have struggled with it, particularly when you’re talking about stuff to do with ­female reproduction.”

She said it could be particularly confusing for new mothers who did not speak English as a first language and struggled to understand how someone who gave birth would not be called a mother.

it appears to me every one who is not a mum in the true meaning of the words has been consulted     so once again the majority is ignored..  their opinion or wants ignored  in support of the few....

this has got to backfire    everything about it is wrong..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: UGH!
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2021 at 4:22pm

Female medical experts? "Experts" who have no idea that breastfeeding means being fed from the breast.

IP Logged

Gordon

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2021 at 4:30pm

It wouldn't even be accurate to call this the tail wagging the dog.

The tail would represent more of the dog than the 1 in a million occurrence of a female to male trans getting pregnant.

If they can't deal with the term breastfeeding, they really aren't made of the right stuff to be a parent.

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2021 at 4:52pm

Quote:
they attempt to accommodate trans men who give birth by renaming breastfeeding as “chestfeeding” and “human milk feeding”.

YAWN!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 11th, 2021 at 5:52pm

Gordon wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 4:30pm:
It wouldn't even be accurate to call this the tail wagging the dog.

The tail would represent more of the dog than the 1 in a million occurrence of a female to male trans getting pregnant.

If they can't deal with the term breastfeeding, they really aren't made of the right stuff to be a parent.

the thing is its playing to the wants of persons who make a decision to be the opposite to what they were born......I realise there are people who are born with signs of both sexes ...called a hermaphrodite  I just looked it up! and I feel for them  but they just dont wake up one day and say I am a women  or I am a man...and the world jumps to their command    in fact I seriously believe these so called trannies are doing real people with real issues a damn lot of harm.... and they fact they are pandering to them on every issue  makes me freaking angry.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2021 at 1:15pm

Even Calotta with Stan Grant gave the 'Fake' Trans a bit of a serve.

Yes, its seems the poor Inter-Sex and Hermaphrodites of many centuries have now been viciously exploited by the 'fabricated', fake and made-up Sex-Trans people.
They even stole the Rainbow Flag of Buddhism and Mixed-Race  peoples.

These Fake Gays and Trans, etc - they're as bad as Rednecks. Yep - they are both in it together screwing all the normal people ...like Inter-Sexers and Hermaphrodites are, more than they are.  Angry

These 'Fakers' even insult the Karen people of South East Asia by using the word as a derogatory term for stupid people. Ask Marla.  Wink

Trump was at least right on one thing. People are getting fed up with this 'Fake' world the Media tries to force us to accept.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 6:32pm

This Topic was moved here from Women's Issues by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print