Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Sadiq Khan re-elected for second term in office (Read 3178 times)
NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Sadiq Khan re-elected for second term in office
Reply #60 - May 12th, 2021 at 3:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:43pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:28pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:20pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:09pm:
Who weeps for London over religiosity or ethics?

London has been the command centre for Catholic persecution from Henry VIII to Victoria and the command-centre for pogroms against the Irish from Cromwell to George VI.

London was the command-centre for the African slave trade from 1640 to 1807.

The City of London is fundamentally run by a an unaccountable criminal cartel that embezzles funds offshore to hide wealth and avoid taxes.

The City is of course a separate structure compares to the city of London itself, you realise?  The City is where all the financial dealing occurs.  The city of London is where all the Londoners live... 

Ahh yes, I realise...

Who, do you think runs the City of London? The French?

Get back to wiping your arse.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You don't like being corrected, do you?  You respond with hostile language instead of accepting criticism for what it is.  You were mistaken.  Grow up, show you're an adult and accept the criticism.  If I was mistaken, point out that I am mistaken, in an adult, sensible manner.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you a complete wanker? Or are you trying?

Even a toilet cleaner like yourself could know the difference between the City of London and London... But they're still run by Londoners (or, at least the English/British).

You're not an adult, Brian... I've seen the way you conduct yourself around here. Stirring up sh!t, effeminate responses then disappearing, pretending you're some kind of academic...

I could go on, but I see where this is headed.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #61 - May 12th, 2021 at 4:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 12:27pm:
Bertie wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 12:21pm:
Turnout - 42%.  Khan's margin of that - 55%.  So 23%  - less than a quarter - of eligible Londoners gave Khan a second term.

London demographics :  37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.

The majority of Londoners are British citizens.  Why did they vote for Brexit?  Why is that vote more valid than Khan's re-election?  I didn't read any posts from you protesting at the Brexit vote...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

London voted overwhelmingly to Remain.  British, Irish, European and Commonwealth citizens living in London can vote in mayoral elections.

Khan was the choice of less than a quarter of Londoners.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #62 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:10pm

Such childishness.  Such foolishness.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2021 at 5:38pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:13pm

Bertie wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 4:26pm:
Turnout - 42%.  Khan's margin of that - 55%.  So 23%  - less than a quarter - of eligible Londoners gave Khan a second term.

London demographics :  37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.

The majority of Londoners are British citizens.  Why did they vote for Brexit?  Why is that vote more valid than Khan's re-election?  I didn't read any posts from you protesting at the Brexit vote...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

London voted overwhelmingly to Remain.  British, Irish, European and Commonwealth citizens living in London can vote in mayoral elections.

Well that is what happens with such childish first-past-the-post vote counting. Roll Eyes

You may choose what you want to believe but really is quite silly arguing with someone determined to disenfranchise citizens from their votes.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #64 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:23pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:10pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 3:03pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:43pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:28pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:20pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 2:09pm:
Who weeps for London over religiosity or ethics?

London has been the command centre for Catholic persecution from Henry VIII to Victoria and the command-centre for pogroms against the Irish from Cromwell to George VI.

London was the command-centre for the African slave trade from 1640 to 1807.

The City of London is fundamentally run by a an unaccountable criminal cartel that embezzles funds offshore to hide wealth and avoid taxes.

The City is of course a separate structure compares to the city of London itself, you realise?  The City is where all the financial dealing occurs.  The city of London is where all the Londoners live... 

Ahh yes, I realise...

Who, do you think runs the City of London? The French?

Get back to wiping your arse.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You don't like being corrected, do you?  You respond with hostile language instead of accepting criticism for what it is.  You were mistaken.  Grow up, show you're an adult and accept the criticism.  If I was mistaken, point out that I am mistaken, in an adult, sensible manner.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you a complete wanker? Or are you trying?

Even a toilet cleaner like yourself could know the difference between the City of London and London... But they're still run by Londoners (or, at least the English/British).

You're not an adult, Brian... I've seen the way you conduct yourself around here. Stirring up sh!t, effeminate responses then disappearing, pretending you're some kind of academic...

I could go on, but I see where this is headed.

Such childishness.  Such foolishness. 

So... You're back from the attic; changing the clothes on mother's corpse...

If Sadiq Khan was ever to bash anyone, it wouldn't be so-called Islamophobes (at least they're honest about their colours). It would be the likes of you who think you own him, or who imagine you're his peer.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #65 - May 12th, 2021 at 5:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:13pm:

Well that is what happens with such childish first-past-the-post vote counting. Roll Eyes

You may choose what you want to believe but really is quite silly arguing with someone determined to disenfranchise citizens from their votes.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I dont see how 'determined to disenfranchise' follows from what I or anyone else has said on this.

Or do you think that allowing European, Irish and Commonwealth citizens to vote is a sign of that 'derermination to disenfranchise'.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #66 - May 12th, 2021 at 9:52pm

Bertie wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:58pm:

I dont see how 'determined to disenfranchise' follows from what I or anyone else has said on this.

Or do you think that allowing European, Irish and Commonwealth citizens to vote is a sign of that 'derermination to disenfranchise'.

I think you resent people who aren't of English descent being allowed to vote at all.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #67 - May 12th, 2021 at 10:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 9:52pm:
Bertie wrote on May 12th, 2021 at 5:58pm:

Or do you think that allowing European, Irish and Commonwealth citizens to vote is a sign of that 'determination to disenfranchise'.

I think you resent people who aren't of English descent being allowed to vote at all.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So we go from 'determined to disenfranchise' to 'resent the non-English' to vote in the capital of England.

All because I pointed out that less than a quarter of the voters chose Khan and that it is about half of the 45% that is the British/English population of London. More people in London were born overseas (26%) than voted for Khan.

You started this thread as a triumph. It's nothing of the sort.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #68 - May 12th, 2021 at 10:06pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Sadiq Khan was re-elected.   He received more votes than any other candidate.  He is once more, the mayor of London.  Good on him.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #69 - May 12th, 2021 at 10:37pm

Systemic, racist, disenfranchisement in action.

Unconscious stupidity.  Shocked

Oh, the ironing..........,

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - May 13th, 2021 at 12:17pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Sadiq Khan was re-elected.   He received more votes than any other candidate.  He is once more, the mayor of London.  Good on him.  Your attempts to make excuses why he was elected remind me of the Trumpites with their silly endless claims of fraud which they cannot substantiate... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print