Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24
Send Topic Print
⮞⮞ Nullification of US Gun Law ⮜⮜ (Read 14053 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: ⮞⮞ Nullification of US Gun Law ⮜⮜
Reply #150 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 2:21pm

Funny, Australia isn't even mentioned but the US is.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 2:21pm:
Funny, Australia isn't even mentioned but the US is.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's  not a complete list of all countries, looney. Australia's number is where China or Italy are, around 1 per 100,000.

What isn't  funny is that the worst places for gun crime are, and that are worse than the US are .... er....  black and latino (except Russia).  Or that in the US itself the black and latino gun crime is way out of all proportion. Heavily tinted gangsters, as karnal puts it.

Oh dearie, dearie loon, eh?
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:35pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:30pm

Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:29pm:

It's  not a complete list of all countries, looney. Australia's number is where China or Italy are, around 1 per 100,000.

What isn't  funny is that the worst places for gun crime are, and that are worse than the US are .... er....  black and latino (except Russia).  Or that in the US itself the black and latino gun crime is way out of all proportion. Heavily tinted gangsters, as karnal puts it.

Oh dearie dearie me can the Gringo explain why Mexico has a much higher homicide rate despite having very strict gun laws.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:37pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:30pm:
Frank wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:29pm:

Oh dearie dearie me can the Gringo explain why Mexico has a much higher homicide rate despite having very strict gun laws.

And Some, I Assume, Are Good People.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #154 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 11:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 2:01pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/120/google/223...

You believe in "Freedom"(tm), Mort.  Real freedom is to not need to own a gun to protect yourself.  If you paid sufficient taxes and allowed your government(s) to spend that money and hire sufficient police officers you wouldn't be living in terror, hiding under your blankets, grasping your fetish objects to protect yourself.  All that is needed is sufficient background checks and a limit on the number and type of firearms you can own, and you'd be a lot safer.  Criminals could be and should be charged for possession and misuse of a firearm just as a non-criminal should be.   No "plea deals".  If you want the "Freedom"(tm) to own a firearm you must also accept the responsibility to own one.  The means you need to be licensed and you need to demonstrate that you can safely use that firearm.  It isn't rocket science.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You almost make it to the rational side of the argument, I highlighted the parts where you show promise. I don't need to prove anything to anyone and that includes the government  We have something called "Due Process" and until an individual is denied certain rights by legal actions they are full citizens. When Civics was taught in our schools children were informed that our government is structured to serve the people, not rule over them! They were taught that the Rights of all individuals end where they interfere with the Rights of others. Not where they hurt the feelings of cry baby Karens!

Big government is not the answer, it is a large part of the problem. Government needs to be very limited because just like we see today this bunch in DC are there for themselves and not the American people! We all pay plenty in taxes, it isn't how much we are taxed as much as how poorly the government servants spend it. It is a legally proven fact that the Police have no duty to protect "individuals" so that puts that responsibility on the Citizen! I don't live in fear, I avoid places where bad things are more likely to happen and keep a firearm handy if it comes to me. I have no desire to harm anyone but if it comes to me I don't plan to cower and snivel!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #155 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 11:23pm

America needs more guns and less restrictions....Not enough innocent Americans are dying to warrant gun control....Your freedom is worth more than someone's life!!!

Quote:
Chicago violence: 12 dead, 70 shot amid bloody weekend

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-violence-10-dead-65-shot-bloody-weekend

Quote:
At Least 430 People Killed in 915 Shootings Across U.S. in Past Week

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/07/gun-violence-rising-united-states-ar...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #156 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 11:30pm

Government size has nothing to do with this argument, Mort.  Your effort to bring it in, simply shows how desperate you are to obscure the reality of what has been proposed.  Guns are dangerous tools.  Users need to demonstrate that they have the ability and the maturity to own and use one.  Under your present laws, everybody can claim a "right" and obscure the reality of what ownership means.  Around the world, rights are privileges granted by government.   Privileges which require a license to exercise it.  Only in America is their no need for a license, no need to prove competency, no need to prove your maturity, no need to prove that you can use a firearm responsibly.  All I have proposed is that you need to prove all those things to be granted a license to own and use a firearm.  If you can, you can own a firearm. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #157 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 7:31am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 6:30pm:

A totally corrupt, easily bribed police force.

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #158 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 10:16am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 11:30pm:
Government size has nothing to do with this argument, Mort.  Your effort to bring it in, simply shows how desperate you are to obscure the reality of what has been proposed.  Guns are dangerous tools.  Users need to demonstrate that they have the ability and the maturity to own and use one.  Under your present laws, everybody can claim a "right" and obscure the reality of what ownership means. 
Around the world, rights are privileges granted by government.   Privileges which require a license to exercise it. 
Only in America is their no need for a license, no need to prove competency, no need to prove your maturity, no need to prove that you can use a firearm responsibly.

All I have proposed is that you need to prove all those things to be granted a license to own and use a firearm.  If you can, you can own a firearm.

"
Benefits & Privileges
" are what prisoners captives are granted by their captors.....
Free Citizens have unalienable "RIGHTS",
affirmed, defended, & protected by their government!

God Bless
The United States Constitution
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA

« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2021 at 12:13pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #159 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 2:07pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #160 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 10:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 2:07pm:

Government size has nothing to do with this argument, Mort.  Your effort to bring it in, simply shows how desperate you are to obscure the reality of what has been proposed.  Guns are dangerous tools.  Users need to demonstrate that they have the ability and the maturity to own and use one.  Under your present laws, everybody can claim a "right" and obscure the reality of what ownership means. 
Around the world, rights are privileges granted by government.   Privileges which require a license to exercise it.
Only in America is their no need for a license, no need to prove competency, no need to prove your maturity, no need to prove that you can use a firearm responsibly.

All I have proposed is that you need to prove all those things to be granted a license to own and use a firearm.  If you can, you can own a firearm.

"
Benefits & Privileges
" are what prisoners captives are granted by their captors.....
Free Citizens have unalienable "RIGHTS",
affirmed, defended, & protected by their government!

God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA
God Bless
God Bless
AMERICA

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #161 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:16pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #162 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:18pm

Government size has nothing to do with this argument, Mort.  Your effort to bring it in, simply shows how desperate you are to obscure the reality of what has been proposed.  Guns are dangerous tools.  Users need to demonstrate that they have the ability and the maturity to own and use one.  Under your present laws, everybody can claim a "right" and obscure the reality of what ownership means.  Around the world, rights are privileges granted by government.   Privileges which require a license to exercise it.  Only in America is their no need for a license, no need to prove competency, no need to prove your maturity, no need to prove that you can use a firearm responsibly.  All I have proposed is that you need to prove all those things to be granted a license to own and use a firearm.  If you can, you can own a firearm. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You seem to confuse love of Country with love of Government, they are not the same entity! You must love Nanny, I find Nanny has its own agenda that isn't concerned with the independence of the individual our our safety. The common good isn't really about the common good, it is about accepting control over our lives for their benefit! We would have better representation in Congress if we just had a minimum credit score requirement! If you can't responsibly handle your own business you have no right in charge of the peoples money or making laws that restrict our lives!

Gun control isn't about crime control, it is about making honest citizens helpless in the face of danger. The "Defund the Police" movement is to blame for more crime than anything else. No cash bail is a strong follow-up. Democrats posting bail for others doesn't make anyone safer either.

As a Subject of a Nation that makes you get permission to own a $25 Red Rider BB gun it would be refreshing if you could come up with some new talking points.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #163 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 12:31am

Mortdooley wrote on Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:18pm:

You seem to confuse love of Country with love of Government, they are not the same entity! You must love Nanny, I find Nanny has its own agenda that isn't concerned with the independence of the individual our our safety.

That is not what I am arguing and your continued efforts to obscure matters isn't helping this discussion go forward at all, Mort.  I am an Australian.  I have little time for your ideas about how my society operates.  You are completely mistaken.  Australians believe in co-operating with our Government that does mean we obey it at every twist or turn.  We have little faith in what Governments do.  However, we decided in 1996 that guns needed tighter control over their ownership and use.  We have had many elections since and no one has proposed successfully to loosen those controls.  They are not onerous.  Your country could learn from them, you just need to understand that guns need greater control over their ownership and use.  Even Switzerland has realised that slack laws lead to abuses.

Quote:
As a Subject of a Nation that makes you get permission to own a $25 Red Rider BB gun it would be refreshing if you could come up with some new talking points.

I am a citizen.  Australians became citizens in 1950.  We ceased to be "subjects" to anyone.   Until you realise how foolish you are by claiming that, there will be no point in continuing this discussion, Mort. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #164 - Jul 29th, 2021 at 6:45pm

Quote:
That is not what I am arguing and your continued efforts to obscure matters isn't helping this discussion go forward at all, Mort.  I am an Australian.  I have little time for your ideas about how my society operates.  You are completely mistaken.  Australians believe in co-operating with our Government that does mean
we obey it at every twist or turn
.  We have little faith in what Governments do.  However, we decided in 1996 that guns needed tighter control over their ownership and use.  We have had many elections since and no one has proposed successfully to loosen those controls.  They are not onerous.  Your country could learn from them, you just need to understand that guns need greater control over their ownership and use.  Even Switzerland has realized that slack laws lead to abuses.

Understanding how you perceive the World is fascinating and through you I try to understand how people can have loyalty to governments who have no loyalty to its people. You obey? Who works for who or more accurately who is supposed to work for who? A man wants to compete, he wants to win, he wants to explore, he wants to build, a man wants to be free. A woman wants everyone to play well with others and be safe, sounds boring and sounds kind of like your government. I know there are men in high levels of your government but is it a Matriarchy? Trust me, you will not shoot your eye out! 

“The government is merely a servant – merely a temporary servant. It cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.” – Mark Twain

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24
Send Topic Print