Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The crew cut (Read 2942 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The crew cut
Reply #30 - May 10th, 2021 at 10:29am

Theres 3 reasons for having a beard, being somewhere or someplace you cannot shave, being lazy and filthy, hiding.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 10th, 2021 at 10:58am

yes please keep all beards trimmed and neat they look so much healthier..

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #32 - May 10th, 2021 at 11:13am

I haven't paid for a haircut for over 20 years, I've been using one of those $20 'do it yourself' electric hair cutters like the one in the attached image (but not cordless).

I think I've bought 2 in the past 20 years, the first one died after many years of use.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #33 - May 10th, 2021 at 2:40pm

Valkie wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 8:08am:
I have had a beard for the last 30 years.
I have a nasty scar on my chin that attracts razors and I hate it.

I do shave my neck and manage the beard to be nicely trimmed.
But I dont use any lather, I simply use the razor and some water, real men dont need soap to make their face soft,

Wey-hey-HEY! Dems fighting words. You get the job done quicker and better if you use shaving cream. If I wanted to go clean shaven right now, I would have to trimmer cut the beard down to a manageable length. Then I would do the shave.

As it is right now, I am using Imperial Leather soap to clean my body. I also wash my face with it. But the soap just makes the hair on my body stick out. Imagine how bad it looks when washing the beard. Only the coconut soap keeps my hair properly clean and manageable.

And at my age, I am starting to grey. Going grey at 42 might not seem too premature. But my beard does not know what colour it wants to be. The moustache and under the bottom lip looks darker than the rest of the beard. The rest is a blond or grey colour. Kind of weird how the hair colours go by how much shade they get. I would probably compare the beard to how Liam Cunningham ("Ser Davos Seaworthy" from Game of Thrones) looks of earlier times.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #34 - May 10th, 2021 at 2:42pm

rhino wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 10:29am:
Theres 3 reasons for having a beard, being somewhere or someplace you cannot shave, being lazy and filthy, hiding.

I save at least 10 minutes before work by not shaving. So, that ticks the laziness box. It is nearing winter and I want to keep a little warmer. And I have in the past used the beard to change my appearance. I actually look younger with a beard.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 10th, 2021 at 5:14pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 2:42pm:
rhino wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 10:29am:

I save at least 10 minutes before work by not shaving. So, that ticks the laziness box. It is nearing winter and I want to keep a little warmer. And I have in the past used the beard to change my appearance.
You are lazy and beards are filthy. I got that right then.

Quote:
I actually look younger with a beard.
The only people who look younger with a beard are young people trying to look older by growing a beard.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #36 - May 10th, 2021 at 5:21pm

Beard rounds off the features and makes me look younger, too....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #37 - May 10th, 2021 at 5:51pm

Someone tell Roy Scheider that he looked older with a beard compared to his clean-shaven look. Ooops, too late.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #38 - May 10th, 2021 at 5:53pm

rhino wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 5:14pm:
You are lazy and beards are filthy. I got that right then.

The only people who look younger with a beard are young people trying to look older by growing a beard.

Oh, I would look better than you on my worst day compared to your best day. And you probably do not even use soap at least once a day.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print