Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Send Topic Print
⮞American Constitutional Carry⮜ (Read 17663 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ⮞American Constitutional Carry⮜
Reply #75 - May 8th, 2021 at 9:01pm

Panther wrote on May 8th, 2021 at 11:45am:

https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Black-Gun-Owners-Open-Carry-...

Open Carrier and Concealed Carrier meet in Walmart Dispute over Cart

The result was was very predictable

Quote:
On Sunday, 2 May 2021, at about 12:30 p.m. this correspondent was in a Walmart in Yuma, Arizona. It was a mission of mercy.

After church, a visit to a friend in the hospital was in order. I had delivered him to the emergency room three days before. The friend desired another key for his residence, so more people could help to care for his dogs and do other needful things.

At the Walmart, I stopped at the firearms and ammunition section to take pictures of the lack of product available. I had a cart with some canned goods and a loaf of bread, which had been picked up on the way to obtain a duplicate key. I took the pictures and turned to retrieve the cart.

The cart was gone. Another cart was nearby, but it was not mine. I said: “Where did my cart go? It had a loaf of bread in it.”

Another customer pointed down an aisle to the left. “There is a cart with bread in it”, he said.

25 yards away, walking away from us, was an above-average-sized middle-aged man, with a cart with a loaf of bread in it. I speed-walked up to the man, looked at the cart as I approached, and ascertained it contained the items I had selected. I was openly carrying a Glock 17 in a Fobus retention holster.

I touched the man on the upper arm, from his left rear, and said: “Excuse me. I think you have the wrong cart by mistake.”

The gentleman looked at me with a puzzled look. He looked at the contents of the cart. He looked back at me and said: “I think you are right. I was just at the ammunition counter…”

He looked at his wife, approaching from behind us. He said: “I think I grabbed the wrong cart. Sorry about that. I was just checking out what ammunition was available.”

He noticed the Glock on my hip. He looked at me and said: “I am old school” and carefully and deliberately swept back his shirt to reveal a well-worn 1911A1 holstered at his right side waist.

We discussed the state of ammunition. I gave him one of my cards. We strolled back to the ammunition counter, where he took possession of the cart I had seen there.

Other than the mistake with the cart, it was a typical meeting of the minds in the gun culture.

Source:    
AMMOLAND

Americans, carrying firearms or not, are usually very friendly, & respect other people, especially when they are give & receive the traditional American mutual respect expected, & more so if they share obvious common interests.......

Law-Abiding American Gun Owners make new friends every day. https://imgur.com/mzXffdG.gif

Two random people threatening each other with firearms in the supermarket over a loaf of bread.  Shocked

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #76 - May 9th, 2021 at 9:55am

rhino wrote on May 8th, 2021 at 9:01pm:

https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Black-Gun-Owners-Open-Carry-...

Quote:
On Sunday, 2 May 2021, at about 12:30 p.m. this correspondent was in a Walmart in Yuma, Arizona. It was a mission of mercy.

After church, a visit to a friend in the hospital was in order. I had delivered him to the emergency room three days before. The friend desired another key for his residence, so more people could help to care for his dogs and do other needful things.

At the Walmart, I stopped at the firearms and ammunition section to take pictures of the lack of product available. I had a cart with some canned goods and a loaf of bread, which had been picked up on the way to obtain a duplicate key. I took the pictures and turned to retrieve the cart.

The cart was gone. Another cart was nearby, but it was not mine. I said: “Where did my cart go? It had a loaf of bread in it.”

Another customer pointed down an aisle to the left. “There is a cart with bread in it”, he said.

25 yards away, walking away from us, was an above-average-sized middle-aged man, with a cart with a loaf of bread in it. I speed-walked up to the man, looked at the cart as I approached, and ascertained it contained the items I had selected. I was openly carrying a Glock 17 in a Fobus retention holster.

I touched the man on the upper arm, from his left rear, and said: “Excuse me. I think you have the wrong cart by mistake.”

The gentleman looked at me with a puzzled look. He looked at the contents of the cart. He looked back at me and said: “I think you are right. I was just at the ammunition counter…”

He looked at his wife, approaching from behind us. He said: “I think I grabbed the wrong cart. Sorry about that. I was just checking out what ammunition was available.”

He noticed the Glock on my hip. He looked at me and said: “I am old school” and carefully and deliberately swept back his shirt to reveal a well-worn 1911A1 holstered at his right side waist.

We discussed the state of ammunition. I gave him one of my cards. We strolled back to the ammunition counter, where he took possession of the cart I had seen there.

Other than the mistake with the cart, it was a typical meeting of the minds in the gun culture.

Source:    
AMMOLAND

Americans, carrying firearms or not, are usually very friendly, & respect other people, especially when they are give & receive the traditional American mutual respect expected, & more so if they share obvious common interests.......

Law-Abiding American Gun Owners make new friends every day. https://imgur.com/mzXffdG.gif

Two random people threatening each other with firearms in the supermarket over a loaf of bread.  Shocked

Lucky it wasn't a sausage roll. It may have been assault rifles.

A laugh - the only thing American gun laws are good for.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #77 - May 9th, 2021 at 9:57am

Quote:

Source:    
AMMOLAND

Two random people threatening each other with firearms in the supermarket over a loaf of bread. 
Shocked

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nope, only an Aussie would see it that way.....guess some Aussies, like yourself, get easily threatened....just one guy noticed his cart was gone, & someone else saw who took it......when politely confronted the other guy noticed it wasn't his stuff in the cart, & agreed he must have taken the wrong cart by accident......that's when the second guy saw the first guy was open carryin' & he carefully brushed back his own shirt to show his 'toy'.....like in mutual admiration.....both agreed that they were at the ammo department moments before when the unintentional switch obviously took place. The second guy & his wife...who showed up later....along with the first guy all went back to the ammo department, the first guy friendly gave the second guy his firearm instructors business card, & they all went about their business......new friends made......prolly happens way more than you would think Stateside.

Now if you're the pussy type that immediately feels threatened by the mere sight of a firearm on somebodies hip, or tucked behind a shirt under somebodies belt, then you best not travel to the USA any time soon......you'd have a nervous breakdown before you even left the airport......If I've seen people carryin' once in the airport, I've seen it a hundred times....both open carry & concealed carry. I never pay it any mind......I'm used to seein' guns in public when Stateside.....actually I expect it.....& funny thing, it's never bothered me one bit......I've always felt totally safe & comfortable......I saw more firearms in supermarkets too (you become aware, & can easily identify the carriers over time) there in the supermarket more than anywhere else......& I would have to bet that many women were carrying too....in their bags & in other 'private' places too....It's a fact of life most Americans have come to calmly accept as 'business usual'.....nary would give it a shrug of the shoulders......you Aussies would be crappin' yer daks perpetually!!  Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2021 at 10:07am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #78 - May 9th, 2021 at 12:49pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #79 - May 9th, 2021 at 10:35pm

Panther wrote on May 9th, 2021 at 9:57am:
Two random people threatening each other with firearms in the supermarket over a loaf of bread. 
Shocked

Nope, only an Aussie would see it that way.....guess some Aussies, like yourself, get easily threatened....just one guy noticed his cart was gone, & someone else saw who took it......when politely confronted the other guy noticed it wasn't his stuff in the cart, & agreed he must have taken the wrong cart by accident......that's when the second guy saw the first guy was open carryin' & he carefully brushed back his own shirt to show his 'toy'.....like in mutual admiration.....both agreed that they were at the ammo department moments before when the unintentional switch obviously took place. The second guy & his wife...who showed up later....along with the first guy all went back to the ammo department, the first guy friendly gave the second guy his firearm instructors business card, & they all went about their business......new friends made......prolly happens way more than you would think Stateside.

Now if you're the pussy type that immediately feels threatened by the mere sight of a firearm on somebodies hip, or tucked behind a shirt under somebodies belt, then you best not travel to the USA any time soon......you'd have a nervous breakdown before you even left the airport......If I've seen people carryin' once in the airport, I've seen it a hundred times....both open carry & concealed carry. I never pay it any mind......I'm used to seein' guns in public when Stateside.....actually I expect it.....& funny thing, it's never bothered me one bit......I've always felt totally safe & comfortable......I saw more firearms in supermarkets too (you become aware, & can easily identify the carriers over time) there in the supermarket more than anywhere else......& I would have to bet that many women were carrying too....in their bags & in other 'private' places too....It's a fact of life most Americans have come to calmly accept as 'business usual'.....nary would give it a shrug of the shoulders......you Aussies would be crappin' yer daks perpetually!!

Then the next day it is shoot first and ask questions later.

Quote:
Nope, only an Aussie would see it that way

100 people shot dead in the USA every day.

No it is not only Aussies - most of the world see it as a disgrace, embarrassment and an indictment on the crazy old USA
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2021 at 10:40pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - May 9th, 2021 at 10:39pm

Quote:

Source:    
AMMOLAND

Shocked

[size=13][font=Georgia][i]Nope, only an Aussie would see it that way.....guess some Aussies, like yourself, get easily threatened....just one guy noticed his cart was gone, & someone else saw who took it......when politely confronted the other guy noticed it wasn't his stuff in the cart, & agreed he must have taken the wrong cart by accident......that's when the second guy saw the first guy was open carryin' & he carefully brushed back his own shirt to show his 'toy'.....like in mutual admiration.....
couple of right wankers by the sound of it. I always sort my issues out face to face, like actual men do. Imagine relying on a firearm to give you courage, now thats a pussy. No wonder American women like Aussie males so much (I can vouch for that), one said to me " you guys are real men, not like the pussies here in America who only know how to make love to their guns". Those 2 blokes in your story probably went home and masturbated each other.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #81 - May 10th, 2021 at 1:35am

Working on your fantasies again I see. An assault isn't a contest between two men, the one attacked isn't required to engage in the Martial arts. If you attack me, I shoot you. End of story! If you start losing after you were the attacker you can not escalate your response but as the one attacked I can do whatever it takes to protect myself. Including the use of deadly force! Being rude and aggressive doesn't make you manly, it just shows your insecurities.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #82 - May 10th, 2021 at 11:20am

Mortdooley wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 1:35am:
Working on your fantasies again I see. An assault isn't a contest between two men, the one attacked isn't required to engage in the Martial arts.
If you attack me, I shoot you. End of story! If you start losing after you were the attacker you can not escalate your response but as the one attacked I can do whatever it takes to protect myself. Including the use of deadly force!
Being rude and aggressive doesn't make you manly, it just shows your insecurities.

SPOT ON!!!
@
Captain Mortdooley

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2021 at 11:26am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #83 - May 10th, 2021 at 1:26pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #84 - May 11th, 2021 at 12:12pm

Dnarever wrote on May 9th, 2021 at 10:35pm:
Shocked

Now if you're the pussy type that immediately feels threatened by the mere sight of a firearm on somebodies hip, or tucked behind a shirt under somebodies belt, then you best not travel to the USA any time soon......you'd have a nervous breakdown before you even left the airport......If I've seen people carryin' once in the airport, I've seen it a hundred times....both open carry & concealed carry. I never pay it any mind......I'm used to seein' guns in public when Stateside.....actually I expect it.....& funny thing, it's never bothered me one bit......I've always felt totally safe & comfortable......I saw more firearms in supermarkets too (you become aware, & can easily identify the carriers over time) there in the supermarket more than anywhere else......& I would have to bet that many women were carrying too....in their bags & in other 'private' places too....It's a fact of life most Americans have come to calmly accept as 'business usual'.....nary would give it a shrug of the shoulders......you Aussies would be crappin' yer daks perpetually!!

Then the next day it is shoot first and ask questions later.

Quote:
Nope, only an Aussie would see it that way

100 people shot dead in the USA every day.

No it is not only Aussies - most of the world see it as a disgrace, embarrassment and an indictment on the crazy old USA

So the next time a black person flashes a gun to the police, to show off their toy in a mutual show of admiration, I expect Panther to be one of the first in line criticising the police for killing the black person who was just sharing in their gun culture.

After all, if it's common place to show off your gun during a standard trip to the shops, why are police killing people for it?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - May 11th, 2021 at 12:15pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 10th, 2021 at 1:35am:
Working on your fantasies again I see. An assault isn't a contest between two men, the one attacked isn't required to engage in the Martial arts. If you attack me, I shoot you. End of story! If you start losing after you were the attacker you can not escalate your response but as the one attacked I can do whatever it takes to protect myself. Including the use of deadly force! Being rude and aggressive doesn't make you manly, it just shows your insecurities.
Like I said, men sort their differences out face to face, Cowards pull guns out and shoot people from a  distance. The gun is to make up for your insecurity chum, not mine.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #86 - May 11th, 2021 at 1:36pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #87 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 1:36pm:

A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one odds are you will never need one in the future! (The wrong people get guns whether we make laws against it or not.)

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #88 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:42pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:46pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 10:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 1:36pm:

A gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one odds are you will never need one in the future! (The wrong people get guns whether we make laws against it or not.)
Thats right mort, you never know when you are going to have a gun battle over a loaf of bread in the supermarket.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Send Topic Print