Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print
⮞American Constitutional Carry⮜ (Read 17555 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

⮞American Constitutional Carry⮜
Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:21pm

NRA-backed Constitutional Carry
Signed Into Law in Tennessee

Source:      
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
Fairfax, Va. -
The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) today applauded Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee for signing Senate Bill 765/House Bill 786 into law. This NRA-backed legislation fully recognizes the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners to carry a firearm without government red tape or delays.

“This bill is a great step forward in the advancement of self-defense rights and Second Amendment freedoms for all Tennessee gun owners,” said NRA-ILA Executive Director Jason Ouimet. “It simply means law-abiding Tennessean’s no longer have to pay a tax to exercise the right of self-protection.”

The legislation does not affect previously issued carry permits and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in states recognizing Tennessee permits to do so. It also does not change prohibited places where a firearm cannot be carried, or when force may be used in defense of self or others.

“Constitutional carry ensures a barrier-free commitment to Second Amendment rights and is core to a strong public safety agenda," said Gov. Lee. "Tennessee finally joins 19 other states in siding with law-abiding, responsible gun owners and I commend both the NRA and members of the General Assembly for making it happen.”

Tennessee becomes the 20th state, including Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming, to allow law-abiding individuals to carry a concealed handgun without a government-issued permit.

NRA members and Tennessee's law-abiding gun owners thank Gov. Lee, Rep. William Lamberth, and Sen. Mike Bell, for their hard work and leadership on this vital piece of self-defense legislation.

The bill officially becomes law on July 1, 2021.

That's 20 States that accept a Law-Abiding American Citizen's Right to carry a firearm without the need to apply for any State Permits!!!

The US Constitution & this new State Law, thanks to the NRA, gives them that Right!

God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
U.S. Constitution
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
U.S. Constitution
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
U.S. Constitution
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:47pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: ⮞American Constitutional Carry⮜
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:33pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 6:02pm

I have no problem with Constitutional curry, Panther.

I'm not racist. I nearly fingered one once on the bus to Dhaba.

You?

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 10:46pm

Panther wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:21pm:

NRA-backed Constitutional Carry
Signed Into Law in Tennessee

https://i.vgy.me/JzfiB9.png

Source:      
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
Fairfax, Va. -
The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) today applauded Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee for signing Senate Bill 765/House Bill 786 into law. This NRA-backed legislation fully recognizes the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners to carry a firearm without government red tape or delays.

“This bill is a great step forward in the advancement of self-defense rights and Second Amendment freedoms for all Tennessee gun owners,” said NRA-ILA Executive Director Jason Ouimet. “It simply means law-abiding Tennessean’s no longer have to pay a tax to exercise the right of self-protection.”

The legislation does not affect previously issued carry permits and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in states recognizing Tennessee permits to do so. It also does not change prohibited places where a firearm cannot be carried, or when force may be used in defense of self or others.

“Constitutional carry ensures a barrier-free commitment to Second Amendment rights and is core to a strong public safety agenda," said Gov. Lee. "Tennessee finally joins 19 other states in siding with law-abiding, responsible gun owners and I commend both the NRA and members of the General Assembly for making it happen.”

Tennessee becomes the 20th state, including Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming, to allow law-abiding individuals to carry a concealed handgun without a government-issued permit.

NRA members and Tennessee's law-abiding gun owners thank Gov. Lee, Rep. William Lamberth, and Sen. Mike Bell, for their hard work and leadership on this vital piece of self-defense legislation.

The bill officially becomes law on July 1, 2021.

That's 20 States that accept a Law-Abiding American Citizen's Right to carry a firearm without the need to apply for any State Permits!!!

The US Constitution & this new State Law, thanks to the NRA, gives them that Right!

God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
U.S. Constitution
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
U.S. Constitution
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless
America
God Bless the
U.S. Constitution
God Bless
America
God Bless the
NRA

All Gun Rights Groups support Constitutional Carry, the NRA has become a small part of all the groups working to support our Rights! We know we can't depend on the new NRA to put our Rights above their agenda. Join the GOA, it doesn't shop on Rodeo Drive for suits! The Second Amendment Foundation is another one issue organization working for us and deserve our support!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 10:58pm

This law is a real game-changer ...  Grin

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:43pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:03am

We should do a credit check, that would let people know who is irresponsible and who is available to be bought. If you can't handle your own finances you have no business making decisions about how to spend the peoples money!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:16am

Quote:
NRA-backed legislation fully recognizes the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners to carry a firearm without government red tape or delays.

Go read the legislation and you will see that this is untrue.

The legislation allows anyone to carry without red tape delays or checks.

i.e it includes criminals and crazy people as well as anyone else who wants to carry a gun for any reason including mass shootings and or murder.

This is just crazy - the honour system.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2021 at 1:07am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:20am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 1:33pm:

In the hope that the later will shoot the former ?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 9:49am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:16am:
Quote:
NRA-backed legislation fully recognizes the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners to carry a firearm without government red tape or delays.

i.e it includes criminals and crazy people as well as anyone else who wants to carry a gun for any reason including mass shootings and or murder.

As long as they stay law-abiding, all the usual verifications & background checks for firearm purchases included, they can carry a firearm WITHOUT having to beg for governmental approval.

You liking it or not is not a prerequisite, or even the slightest consideration for an American deciding to exercise any of THEIR Constitutional Rights......what you say here only falls on the ears of an American...like myself....interested enough to spend 2-3 seconds to read it......the other 350+ million Americans don't even know anyone here on this forum exists, or gives a hot damn that you do, for that matter.......to them you're immaterial..... ...

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2021 at 10:07am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 10:50am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:16am:
Quote:

when

there have been many amendments to the constitution....why not the right to bare arms amendment ? I am sure the founding fathers never in a million years thought this  bill of rights would involve and include weapons made in the 21st century...

if it never changes what can AMERIKANS look forward too.  will it include owning drones that can drop atomic bombs?..  after all they can be classed as defence weapons...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:44pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 12:57pm

cods wrote on Apr 11th, 2021 at 10:50am:
there have been many amendments to the constitution....why not the right to bare arms amendment ? I am sure the founding fathers never in a million years thought this  bill of rights would involve and include weapons made in the 21st century...

if it never changes what can AMERIKANS look forward too.  will it include owning drones that can drop atomic bombs?..  after all they can be classed as defence weapons...

Then, by your reckoning, the Freedom of Speech, as protected by the Constitution's First Amendment, only pertained to the un-amplified spoken word, or words written on parchment paper using a quill dipped feather, as used in the 1700's.......delivered by horseback.....So then, by your reckoning the Internet would be out, so would the Radio & TV, newsprint printed by modern typeset equipment...etc...etc....etc

No, the US Supreme Court, which has the last say on ALL U.S. Constitutional issues, has determined that when it comes to firearms, SCOTUS determined what is protected under the Second Amendment..... in the D.C. vs Heller decision, SCOTUS determined that the Second Amendment protected arms were those firearms "in common use" for lawful purposes like self-defense.......

That said though, you are correct, that if the American People wanted to change their Constitution, the People have the Constitution itself to rely on......the American People can change "AMEND" the US Constitution to mean anything they wanted to as long as they could get their Fellow Americans across America to ratify their changes.

Quote:
......Article Five of the United States Constitution describes the process whereby the Constitution, the nation's frame of government, may be altered. Under Article V, the process to alter the Constitution consists of proposing an amendment or amendments, and subsequent ratification........

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2021 at 1:09pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 1:37pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #14 - Apr 11th, 2021 at 2:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2021 at 1:37pm:

Unless 'The Rest of the People' have enough votes in both the House & the Senate, & enough votes in 3/4ths of ALL the States (a majority of votes in each of 38 States of the 50 States) they can whinge & carry on till hell freezes over!!!  Wink  ...    ...

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print