Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Christine Holgate - again... (Read 4032 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Christine Holgate - again...
Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:05pm

if you want to play with the BIG BOYS  dont whine when you stuff up.....which she did..  did she get a nice handshake do you know???>....they rarely walk away without one.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:06pm

cods wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:05pm:
if you want to play with the BIG BOYS  dont whine when you stuff up.....which she did..  did she get a nice handshake do you know???>....they rarely walk away without one.

Exactly.  No idea about a golden handshake.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:06pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:08pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:41pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:35pm:
0ktema wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:24pm:
As I saw it at the time - Scott Scummy Morrison threw Christine Holgate under the bus to gain some political cover from the $30 million Leppington Triangle (Sydney airport) over-payment debacle!

Look over here, $20,000 Cartier watches shinny shinny!

The slimy nasty scum needed to demonize Holgate, so he could be seen as the tax payers champion.  Angry

A: The figure given by the valuer for the airport land had no basis in reality. Land was selling at the same rate and even more at the time that deal was done.

B: Albo said at the time her position was untenable 

"Anthony Albanese said at the time that Christine Holgate's position was untenable. That is what this issue is about."

Next?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/scott-morrison-urged-to-apologise-to-chri...

I don't care what Albo said.  He seems to have been as ignorant as Morrison on what the context was.

Nobody cares what you care about, we just want facts.

Everybody at the time was howling for her removal and whether that was right or wrong, I'm open to be swayed either way but her playing the misogyny card sways me against her.

Nobody cares what you are open about, we just want facts.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 7:19pm

So now on top of preferential education system, affirmative action and endless vicious campaigns to remove men from their path ... they now want absolute security for women in jobs?

They want SINECURES for life for women?

S
elf
I
nterest
N
ecessary
E
xperience
C
redentials
U
ncanny
R
esults and
E
xpertise
S
econdary
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2021 at 8:35pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 7:32pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:06pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:08pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:41pm:
0ktema wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:24pm:
As I saw it at the time - Scott Scummy Morrison threw Christine Holgate under the bus to gain some political cover from the $30 million Leppington Triangle (Sydney airport) over-payment debacle!

Look over here, $20,000 Cartier watches shinny shinny!

The slimy nasty scum needed to demonize Holgate, so he could be seen as the tax payers champion.  Angry

A: The figure given by the valuer for the airport land had no basis in reality. Land was selling at the same rate and even more at the time that deal was done.

"Anthony Albanese said at the time that Christine Holgate's position was untenable. That is what this issue is about."

Next?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/scott-morrison-urged-to-apologise-to-chri...

I don't care what Albo said.  He seems to have been as ignorant as Morrison on what the context was.

Nobody cares what you care about, we just want facts.

Everybody at the time was howling for her removal and whether that was right or wrong, I'm open to be swayed either way but her playing the misogyny card sways me against her.

Nobody cares what you are open about, we just want facts.

I gave facts, not opinion.  Nobody wants your opinion 

IBI

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 7:35pm

Next?

Albos opinion was formed on the information he had at the time. He didn't have the information that the govt. hid.

What Scomo had not told anyone, was that his govt. was well aware of the gift of watches at the time, and the watches were a gift in lieu of $150 000 bonuses for EACH for the four guys to get a watch.  Josh Frydemberg was in on the deal and knew all about it at the time it happened  ... 2 years prior to it coming out in the media.

I suspect Oktema is correct .. this was used to try and deflect attention away from the govt. paying 10x market value for the land for the airport.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #36 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 8:59pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 7:35pm:

Next?

Albos opinion was formed on the information he had at the time. He didn't have the information that the govt. hid.

What Scomo had not told anyone, was that his govt. was well aware of the gift of watches at the time, and the watches were a gift in lieu of $150 000 bonuses for EACH for the four guys to get a watch.  Josh Frydemberg was in on the deal and knew all about it at the time it happened  ... 2 years prior to it coming out in the media.

I suspect Oktema is correct .. this was used to try and deflect attention away from the govt. paying 10x market value for the land for the airport.

Look up the sales data of land around the airport the time that land sold, loads sold for the same per acre price.

IBI

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #37 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 9:25pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 8:59pm:

Next?

Look up the sales data of land around the airport the time that land sold, loads sold for the same per acre price. 

I call bullshit on your claim Gordon....Post evidence to support your claim and I might believe you....Otherwise the facts tell a completely different story....How can land near a runway be worth more than it was valued???

Quote:
Only 11 months after the purchase, the land was valued at just $3.1m, triggering an ANAO investigation.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Read the full scale of corruption here....

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/21/government-paid-10-times-...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #38 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 9:34pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 9:25pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 8:59pm:

Next?

I call bullshit on your claim Gordon....Post evidence to support your claim and I might believe you....Otherwise the facts tell a completely different story....How can land near a runway be worth more than it was valued???

Quote:
Only 11 months after the purchase, the land was valued at just $3.1m, triggering an ANAO investigation.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Read the full scale of corruption here....

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/21/government-paid-10-times-...

I quoted a few big land deals in the original thread, go have a look.

Tell me, Pill. You own 12 hectares in the exact spot the Govt wants to build a runway. Does $3m REALLY sound like the right price?

The valuation is meaningless to what an owner wants to sell it for.

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #39 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:27am

Quote:
  Holgate’s extra step
ANDREW BOLT

Australia Post’s former boss copped awful treatment, but sexism wasn’t part of it

Christine Holgate was treated terribly by Prime Minister Scott Morrison. Yet she lost me this week when she blamed sexist bullies for her fall.

Seriously. Here’s a strong woman who earned $2.5 million a year as head of Australia Post before being forced out for giving four executives Cartier watches.

Yet this week Holgate, wearing suffragette white, presented herself to a Senate committee and on the ABC as another fragile victim of toxic masculinity.

She’d been “humiliated” by the PM, she claimed, in “one of the worst acts of bullying I’ve ever witnessed”. She’d been treated unlike “any male public servant” and “bullied” by her chairman.

Holgate was on a roll: “It is partly a gender issue” that she was forced out, leaving her so traumatised that she took tablets for insomnia and felt “suicidal”.

Most outrageously, Holgate claims her critics smashed her for saying the watches weren’t paid for by taxpayers, “when it would be perfectly OK to abuse women”. What hyperbole. Name one of Holgate’s critics who thinks it’s “perfectly OK to abuse women”.

I don’t deny Holgate went through an ordeal that was horrible and shows up Morrison as a panicky opportunist — and Labor as grubby hypocrites.

Labor last year pounced on a leak and got Holgate to admit she’d given four executives $5000 watches for sealing a deal with banks worth $220 million.

It was the kind of bonus you’d see in almost any business. Indeed, Holgate’s own contract gave her a base salary of $1.4 million plus bonuses of $1 million or more. So $5000 watches were no big deal, and was approved, says Holgate, by her chairman.

But Morrison panicked as Labor attacked and talkback Australia fumed. He told parliament Holgate should stand aside or “she should go”. The Australia Post board then showed her the door.

(Get this: Labor, which last year called for Holgate to go, now slams Morrison for being too mean! How two-faced.)

No, what happened to Holgate was not fair. I understand only too well the stress she was under after being publicly smeared and belittled.

But where’s the evidence that Holgate was the victim of sexism? What doomed her was not that she was female but that the watches were Cartier.

Holgate claims no man would have been treated as she was, yet some men might well complain that Holgate was equally brutal with them. After she took over Australia Post, there was an exodus of executives of both genders, including deputy chief financial officer Paul Urquart.

Sure, we may wish that Holgate was treated with more courtesy, but, again, this cuts both ways.

Does Holgate wonder if Morrison, too, may now have suicidal thoughts after she abused him as a sexist and the worst bully she’d known?

Does she wonder how Australia Post chairman Lucio Di Bartolomeo is getting through the nights after she called him not just a sexist but a bully who’d “lied repeatedly to the Australian people” and should resign?

And much as I prize civility, should Morrison really have thought he’d better go easy on Holgate in case she became sleepless and suicidal?

If so, where do we draw the line?

Must Morrison also temper his criticism of Anthony Albanese, in case the Labor leader gets depressed?

Should journalists smashing Morrison for his “appalling treatment” of women be less appalling in their own treatment of a leader trying to do his best in a thankless job?

No. There are too many billions of dollars and too many jobs at stake to play nice and not test people. Government is not for the weak, which is why politicians are paid so much.

Holgate should have calmly explained why Morrison was wrong to demand she go.

The rest of her complaint is selfpity, more likely to harm us than help.

Labor, which last year called for Holgate to go, now slams Morrison for being too mean! 

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:49am

Valkie wrote on Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:27am:
Quote:
  Holgate’s extra step
ANDREW BOLT

Australia Post’s former boss copped awful treatment, but sexism wasn’t part of it

Christine Holgate was treated terribly by Prime Minister Scott Morrison. Yet she lost me this week when she blamed sexist bullies for her fall.

Seriously. Here’s a strong woman who earned $2.5 million a year as head of Australia Post before being forced out for giving four executives Cartier watches.

Yet this week Holgate, wearing suffragette white, presented herself to a Senate committee and on the ABC as another fragile victim of toxic masculinity.

She’d been “humiliated” by the PM, she claimed, in “one of the worst acts of bullying I’ve ever witnessed”. She’d been treated unlike “any male public servant” and “bullied” by her chairman.

Holgate was on a roll: “It is partly a gender issue” that she was forced out, leaving her so traumatised that she took tablets for insomnia and felt “suicidal”.

Most outrageously, Holgate claims her critics smashed her for saying the watches weren’t paid for by taxpayers, “when it would be perfectly OK to abuse women”. What hyperbole. Name one of Holgate’s critics who thinks it’s “perfectly OK to abuse women”.

I don’t deny Holgate went through an ordeal that was horrible and shows up Morrison as a panicky opportunist — and Labor as grubby hypocrites.

Labor last year pounced on a leak and got Holgate to admit she’d given four executives $5000 watches for sealing a deal with banks worth $220 million.

It was the kind of bonus you’d see in almost any business. Indeed, Holgate’s own contract gave her a base salary of $1.4 million plus bonuses of $1 million or more. So $5000 watches were no big deal, and was approved, says Holgate, by her chairman.

But Morrison panicked as Labor attacked and talkback Australia fumed. He told parliament Holgate should stand aside or “she should go”. The Australia Post board then showed her the door.

(Get this: Labor, which last year called for Holgate to go, now slams Morrison for being too mean! How two-faced.)

No, what happened to Holgate was not fair. I understand only too well the stress she was under after being publicly smeared and belittled.

But where’s the evidence that Holgate was the victim of sexism? What doomed her was not that she was female but that the watches were Cartier.

Holgate claims no man would have been treated as she was, yet some men might well complain that Holgate was equally brutal with them. After she took over Australia Post, there was an exodus of executives of both genders, including deputy chief financial officer Paul Urquart.

Sure, we may wish that Holgate was treated with more courtesy, but, again, this cuts both ways.

Does Holgate wonder if Morrison, too, may now have suicidal thoughts after she abused him as a sexist and the worst bully she’d known?

Does she wonder how Australia Post chairman Lucio Di Bartolomeo is getting through the nights after she called him not just a sexist but a bully who’d “lied repeatedly to the Australian people” and should resign?

And much as I prize civility, should Morrison really have thought he’d better go easy on Holgate in case she became sleepless and suicidal?

If so, where do we draw the line?

Must Morrison also temper his criticism of Anthony Albanese, in case the Labor leader gets depressed?

Should journalists smashing Morrison for his “appalling treatment” of women be less appalling in their own treatment of a leader trying to do his best in a thankless job?

No. There are too many billions of dollars and too many jobs at stake to play nice and not test people. Government is not for the weak, which is why politicians are paid so much.

Holgate should have calmly explained why Morrison was wrong to demand she go.

The rest of her complaint is selfpity, more likely to harm us than help.

Labor, which last year called for Holgate to go, now slams Morrison for being too mean! 

she is typical of a female who has reached the top but cant take the heat..when the going gets hard....aka gillard..

lets put the blame on everyone else... Undecided Undecided Undecided.. I didnt do a thing wrong...

the majority of people were horrified by this news of gifts   not BONUS' Andrew GIFTS  for doing their well paid  job...

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:54am

Quoting Andrew Bolt should be a criminal offence.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:59am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:54am:

censorship you mean!

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 10:07am

cods wrote on Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:59am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:54am:

censorship you mean!

No. Andrew Bolt can still publish, just quoting him like  he is someone who should be taken seriously is a criminal offence.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 3:43pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print