Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Christine Holgate - again... (Read 4031 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Christine Holgate - again...
Reply #15 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 12:33am

I was struck by the way her being requested to resign has become another plank in the feminist victim jihad platform.

Would a man have been treated differently?

Personally I think that's a very cheap shot from Ms Holgate, and a ridiculous attempt to ride on the current crazy wave of feminist demands for everything...  I was leaning towards her side of things until that... had she stuck to the facts instead of that cheap shot I would most likely have been on her side.

Yes - she was correct in saying that AusPost is a commercial operation and it's profit money - perhaps she was Entitled™ to give bonus watches to a few pets - Scotty was wrong to say what he did about that - none of these are 'feminist' issues.... they are industrial issues based around the way such contracted employees are treated.

Did she deserve sacking and a public hanging for it?  NO!

I still say that bonuses are out of the question since the salaries and perks already on flow into the trough are more than enough for simply doing the job, but that's easily fixed without this charade.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #16 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 8:05am

Regardless of what she had done ONCE.

She is now sacked.

So she takes up the great women victim mantle and goes for the money.

Not possible for her to simply take it like a man......oh yeah, thats right, she isnt.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 10:36am

Valkie wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 8:05am:
Regardless of what she had done ONCE.

She is now sacked.

So she takes up the great women victim mantle and goes for the money.

Not possible for her to simply take it like a man......oh yeah, thats right, she isnt.

Obviously someone had decided that she needed to go - excuse found - nothing to do with any 'poor woman' thing - I got the distinct feeling she way playing to Hansen-Young in seeking sympathy votes for being a victim of nasty male society.

Watch that space carefully, lads - behind that door be monsters.... don't laugh.

If this keeps up, with Holgate being cited as a poor suffering woman - soon any and every whine by any sheila will become the law of the land.... and one woman's meat is another man's poison, lads, and you will swallow it mightily any time some sheila goes the rat.

Stupid if you don't see that.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 10:42am

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 11:02am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 10:42am:

Not a victim of misogyny at all - but he should apologise for his ridiculous comments in an issue that did not affect him or government - this being a business venture these days, by their order - and thus not under his direct control.

Again - nothing to do with misogyny - a matter of industrial relations and lack of understanding ofwhat they have wrought with their privatisation nonsense.  No idea... that's all it is.

Maybe they should just make it illegal to ever sack a woman under any circumstances.

You do see where this is going, don't you - and how totally unthinking those are who are screeching 'misogyny'???

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 12:40pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

0ktema
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:24pm

As I saw it at the time - Scott Scummy Morrison threw Christine Holgate under the bus to gain some political cover from the $30 million Leppington Triangle (Sydney airport) over-payment debacle!

Look over here, $20,000 Cartier watches shinny shinny!

The slimy nasty scum needed to demonize Holgate, so he could be seen as the tax payers champion.  Angry

"We Are Consciousness Itself"
- Adi Da Samraj

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:35pm

0ktema wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:24pm:
As I saw it at the time - Scott Scummy Morrison threw Christine Holgate under the bus to gain some political cover from the $30 million Leppington Triangle (Sydney airport) over-payment debacle!

The slimy nasty scum needed to demonize Holgate, so he could be seen as the tax payers champion.  Angry

A: The figure given by the valuer for the airport land had no basis in reality. Land was selling at the same rate and even more at the time that deal was done.

B: Albo said at the time her position was untenable 

"Anthony Albanese said at the time that Christine Holgate's position was untenable. That is what this issue is about."

Next?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/scott-morrison-urged-to-apologise-to-chri...

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:41pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:35pm:

A: The figure given by the valuer for the airport land had no basis in reality. Land was selling at the same rate and even more at the time that deal was done.

"Anthony Albanese said at the time that Christine Holgate's position was untenable. That is what this issue is about."

Next?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/scott-morrison-urged-to-apologise-to-chri...

I don't care what Albo said.  He seems to have been as ignorant as Morrison on what the context was.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:47pm

Anyway - he can't back down now - since these people have tried to cast it as a male/female issue instead of industrial relations, and many will think it is such a thing now - to do so would give those screeching in the streets more fuel for their screechings about 'women's rights' and more impetus to push for more and more until they own everything in sight without any oversight - this has nothing to do with rights other than industrial relations.

He should have done an aquascoot and remained aloof - now he has painted himself into a corner....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #25 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:08pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 2:41pm:

Next?

I don't care what Albo said.  He seems to have been as ignorant as Morrison on what the context was.

Nobody cares what you care about, we just want facts.

Everybody at the time was howling for her removal and whether that was right or wrong, I'm open to be swayed either way but her playing the misogyny card sways me against her.

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:28pm

This unit didn't pass the pub test but she would be more than welcome in any inner city cafe latte shop.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:39pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:08pm:

Next?

Everybody at the time was howling for her removal and whether that was right or wrong, I'm open to be swayed either way but her playing the misogyny card sways me against her.

correct... EVERYONE..my take on Christine is   darling you broke through the glass ceiling  isnt that a fact  so you were in fact living where the men only have been living for a long time......same happened to gillard...you still expect to be treated differently I AM SPECIAL..  no your not.. you alongside the big wigs now and thats what gets dished out  when a bloke gets shafted he just walks mainly because it was deserved  and we never here from him again....

shame about females they want what the big guys have but dont like the consequences.. thats saddens me a bit she even says she felt suicidal....seriously ....it that to impress someone... I would say Christine you are not suitable for a top job...you cant take the heat in the kitchen... sorry love.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:42pm

b.shite  she took on a top job...and to give out rewards like that to the chosen ones  is not on...what would you have Morrison do   send her to the naughty chair then let her keep her job????????>...

yeah right!

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #29 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 4:02pm

cods wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:39pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 14th, 2021 at 3:08pm:

Next?

correct... EVERYONE..my take on Christine is   darling you broke through the glass ceiling  isnt that a fact  so you were in fact living where the men only have been living for a long time......same happened to gillard...you still expect to be treated differently I AM SPECIAL..  no your not.. you alongside the big wigs now and thats what gets dished out  when a bloke gets shafted he just walks mainly because it was deserved  and we never here from him again....

shame about females they want what the big guys have but dont like the consequences.. thats saddens me a bit she even says she felt suicidal....seriously ....it that to impress someone... I would say Christine you are not suitable for a top job...you cant take the heat in the kitchen... sorry love.

Well said, Cods. I couldn't agree more. Females have to stop expecting to be treated any differently to a male in a Top Job. Feminine Wiles doesn't work up there.  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print