Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
... and so it goes on .... 'rape culture' ... (Read 4477 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
... and so it goes on .... 'rape culture' ...
Apr 6th, 2021 at 3:34am

https://au.yahoo.com/news/part-of-me-died-schoolgirls-share-horrific-assault-rea...

"Two schoolgirls, both sexually assaulted at the age of 14, have opened up about what they describe as Australia's rape culture and why they believe many Australians will never forget Scott Morrison's weak response to the crisis.

The two assault survivors, now in year 12, spoke to The Project's Lisa Wilkinson on Monday night about how their assaults have changed their lives and shared ideas for how to improve the social and political response to the ongoing problem.

"I was drugged up, completely immobilised and raped," Lily-Maud Horton told The Project.

She is now in year 12 but said the rape that happened to her at a party three years ago left her "incredibly unstable."

"Broken. Terrified of men. In any situation where a male that isn't my brother is near me, I'm scanning, assessing, looking for danger," Lily said.
'I didn't realise that a monster could look so kind'

She said a man in his 20's raped her and too frightened to move, she could only "just mentally leave and wait till it's over".

"I didn't realise that a monster could look so kind. It was frightening to not have control of your own body, to have someone on top of you with the most intense eyes you've ever seen and such power, being paralysed in that way is something I wouldn't wish on anyone," she said.

Danielle Villafana says she was also paralysed when she was assaulted.

She says she was 14 and on a crowded public train with a friend she trusted when it happened.

"I was so, so scared. I didn't think there was anything else I could do but freeze and wait it out," Dani told Wilkinson.

Days later the teenager broke down and told a teacher what happened. The teacher phoned the police but Dani said doesn't know what was more traumatic, the assault or the interrogation by police."

A single incident in either case in no way points to any 'rape culture' - in fact, as usual with the exceptions to the rule - they prove that Australia does not have a 'rape culture'.  Same applies to Brittany Higgins - her allegation of a single event does not indicate any 'culture of rape'.

This is the kind of hysteria anyone trying to discuss these single individual issues of alleged crime has to deal with... pure emotionalism unsullied by facts.

How is any accused to receive a fair trial under that kind of torrent of hysterical carrying on, all clearly aimed at attaining some 'high ground' in any discussion, from which torrents of lead can be poured down on any 'dissident' and that 'dissident' can be roundly abused into silence?  No wonder hysteria was originally viewed as a woman's problem..... look at the thousands never once affected in their lives, who turned out on their big marches to carry on about things they've never experienced, and bringing along their indoctrinated children to throw more mud into the fire with silly old saws from urban myth... this is as good as 'the Czechs are persecuting the Sudeten Germans' ... or the dopey sheilas screaming themselves into insensibility over rock stars....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria

"Hysteria is a pejorative term used colloquially to mean ungovernable emotional excess and can refer to a temporary state of mind or emotion. In the 19th century, hysteria was considered a diagnosable physical illness in females. In the 20th century, it shifted to being considered a mental illness."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ... and so it goes on .... 'rape culture' ...
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:17am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 3:34am:
https://au.yahoo.com/news/part-of-me-died-schoolgirls-share-horrific-assault-rea...

"Two schoolgirls, both sexually assaulted at the age of 14, have opened up about what they describe as Australia's rape culture and why they believe many Australians will never forget Scott Morrison's weak response to the crisis.

The two assault survivors, now in year 12, spoke to The Project's Lisa Wilkinson on Monday night about how their assaults have changed their lives and shared ideas for how to improve the social and political response to the ongoing problem.

"I was drugged up, completely immobilised and raped," Lily-Maud Horton told The Project.

She is now in year 12 but said the rape that happened to her at a party three years ago left her "incredibly unstable."

"Broken. Terrified of men. In any situation where a male that isn't my brother is near me, I'm scanning, assessing, looking for danger," Lily said.
'I didn't realise that a monster could look so kind'

She said a man in his 20's raped her and too frightened to move, she could only "just mentally leave and wait till it's over".

"I didn't realise that a monster could look so kind. It was frightening to not have control of your own body, to have someone on top of you with the most intense eyes you've ever seen and such power, being paralysed in that way is something I wouldn't wish on anyone," she said.

Danielle Villafana says she was also paralysed when she was assaulted.

She says she was 14 and on a crowded public train with a friend she trusted when it happened.

"I was so, so scared. I didn't think there was anything else I could do but freeze and wait it out," Dani told Wilkinson.

Days later the teenager broke down and told a teacher what happened. The teacher phoned the police but Dani said doesn't know what was more traumatic, the assault or the interrogation by police."

A single incident in either case in no way points to any 'rape culture' - in fact, as usual with the exceptions to the rule - they prove that Australia does not have a 'rape culture'.  Same applies to Brittany Higgins - her allegation of a single event does not indicate any 'culture of rape'.

This is the kind of hysteria anyone trying to discuss these single individual issues of alleged crime has to deal with... pure emotionalism unsullied by facts.

How is any accused to receive a fair trial under that kind of torrent of hysterical carrying on, all clearly aimed at attaining some 'high ground' in any discussion, from which torrents of lead can be poured down on any 'dissident' and that 'dissident' can be roundly abused into silence?  No wonder hysteria was originally viewed as a woman's problem..... look at the thousands never once affected in their lives, who turned out on their big marches to carry on about things they've never experienced, and bringing along their indoctrinated children to throw more mud into the fire with silly old saws from urban myth... this is as good as 'the Czechs are persecuting the Sudeten Germans' ... or the dopey sheilas screaming themselves into insensibility over rock stars....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria

"Hysteria is a pejorative term used colloquially to mean ungovernable emotional excess and can refer to a temporary state of mind or emotion. In the 19th century, hysteria was considered a diagnosable physical illness in females. In the 20th century, it shifted to being considered a mental illness."

the trouble is grap  you have never had your body violated  and never likely too....so its easy for you to be so judgemental  I am sure if you came home to find your home torn apart you too would be hysterical  your body is worth more than your home grap....and its not there for others to take and destroy as they will...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:28am

Two allegations hardly constitutes a 'culture of rape', cods.... jeez - throw in St Brittany's allegation as well and make it three .. still not a 'culture of rape' .....how would you know what violation is, BTW?

You DO understand the difference - the very vast difference - between a single alleged incident and a through and through culture, don't you? This is hysteria and hyperbole in the media all over again - and many gullible people swallow it as if it's gospel and want to go out and jihad against all men, even when they are men themselves and know not what they are proposing.

Rape of rights is no less damaging than physical rape, when it comes to emotional well-being and attitudes, and is certainly far more destructive of social well-being. A victim of physical rape can remain anonymous - a victim of social rape is displayed for all the world to see and judge.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:30am

The culture is festered by people who deny there is a problem and make excuses for rapists???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:44am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:28am:
Two allegations hardly constitutes a 'culture of rape', cods.... jeez - throw in St Brittany's allegation as well and make it three .. still not a 'culture of rape' .....how would you know what violation is, BTW?

You DO understand the difference - the very vast difference - between a single alleged incident and a through and through culture, don't you? This is hysteria and hyperbole in the media all over again - and many gullible people swallow it as if it's gospel and want to go out and jihad against all men, even when they are men themselves and know not what they are proposing.

Rape of rights is no less damaging than physical rape, when it comes to emotional well-being and attitudes, and is certainly far more destructive of social well-being. A victim of physical rape can remain anonymous - a victim of social rape is displayed for all the world to see and judge.

oh come on grap   thats low even for you?....

if it was ONLY TWO  it wouldnt get a mention///

Police-recorded sexual assaults
The rate increased from 66.8 per 100,000 in 2010 to 90.2 per 100,000 in 2018, with most of this increase occurring after 2014 (based on ABS 2019).

thats the ones reported...

I have had my home broken into grap....and yes I do call that violation..... you sir have led a very sheltered life.....and I am glad for you...

some people never recover  from personal trauma you by the sound of things are one of the lucky ones.....

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:48am

One last thing before I head off for the many hours run for the ex's doctor:-

How come, if we are living in a culture of rape and a rape epidemic, s the hysterical media would have us believe - all we are hearing is years old stories?

14 yo now in year 12 - 5-6 years ago...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:49am

cods wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:44am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:28am:

oh come on grap   thats low even for you?....

if it was ONLY TWO  it wouldnt get a mention///

Police-recorded sexual assaults
The rate increased from 66.8 per 100,000 in 2010 to 90.2 per 100,000 in 2018, with most of this increase occurring after 2014 (based on ABS 2019).

thats the ones reported...

I have had my home broken into grap....and yes I do call that violation..... you sir have led a very sheltered life.....and I am glad for you...

some people never recover  from personal trauma you by the sound of things are one of the lucky ones.....

Define your 'sexual assaults' - break them down into incident types please...

See yez all later.

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:07am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:49am:
Define your 'sexual assaults' - break them down into incident types please..

well thats one way of getting out of the corner you have backed yourself into..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

there are many versions of assault grap and well you know it......RAPE is more than assault........just like a king hit is more than a punch... or murder is more than an accident...

you are the one talking about RAPE as a culture..and its hysterical nonsense..

now you conclude we only hear of year old rapes   uummm what happened to only TWO RAPES???...  Roll Eyesmaybe you dont get around much grap

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 5:30pm

cods wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:07am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:49am:
Define your 'sexual assaults' - break them down into incident types please..

well thats one way of getting out of the corner you have backed yourself into..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

there are many versions of assault grap and well you know it......RAPE is more than assault........just like a king hit is more than a punch... or murder is more than an accident...

you are the one talking about RAPE as a culture..and its hysterical nonsense..

now you conclude we only hear of year old rapes   uummm what happened to only TWO RAPES???...  Roll Eyesmaybe you dont get around much grap

Dear, dear cods - no corners here...

You were asked to sift through your claims of 'sexual assault' and classify them as what they are...

Now if you'd like to start with RAPE .. please do so - that reduces the numbers way down.

It is time that RAPE was kept separately from 'sexual assault' which could man just about anything these days, given that the 'universities' are seeking to make 'the stare' - a normal part of 'courting' that works two ways - outlawed...... utter nonsense, as usual, from the feminist brand.

They love to put 'sexual assaults' in one basket when they are nothing of the sort or are definitely not remotely near RAPE - to make the figures look Really REALLY bad and screech about an epidemic of rape etc ... a friendly but mistaken slap on the arse isn't the same as rape, you know...  I've had ladies as friends only who thought nothing of giving me 'a friendly punch in the ribs' - soft of course... and blokes sometimes have their ways of showing simple affection that could be misunderstood.

As for 'the stare' - as I said - it is a part of courting, and the option in there for the lady to say yay or nay by her actions - and leave it at that... not make it into a federal case.

Something seriously wrong with those who do that.... and I mean it.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 5:33pm

Right here for you, clear as day - all 'sexual assaults' are grouped as one, though the vast majority are not rape...

https://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/Pages/bocsar_crime_stats/bocsar_latest_quarterly_a...

Now this, Poppets - is what they call 'propaganda'.  I used to know Don Weatherburn when he ran the show... he would never have permitted that.

Now - how many of these are actual rape .. and why are we always hearing allegations that are years old and not current ones that stand a chance of even being proven to the proper standard with the evidence intact??

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 5:39pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 7:30am:
The culture is festered by people who deny there is a problem and make excuses for rapists???

Huh Huh Huh

Nobody wants to diminish the seriousness of sexual assault or protect rapists.
This thread seems to be about people who want to include things like flirting and a prolonged stare into the sexual assault stats to prove there is a rape culture.

IBI

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #11 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 5:46pm

It's rape culture because the same people that pushed SSM and the transgender agenda are now demonising heterosexual men.

The way this hysteria has kicked off every heterosexual man is a rapist or some sort of sexual predator.

I agree with Grap, sensationalism at its best, as for the rapist I hope they are convicted and thrown in jail but the MAJORITY of MEN are NOT RAPISTS.

BTW those homosexual helpers at parliament that invited half a dozen prostitutes (male) to parliament house and got their rocks off, why has this become hush hush.

If those parliament workers had of been heterosexual and invited female prostitute to parliament house for sex, it would still be on the front page today.

And what about those poor lads at school that had to stand up and apologise for being male.

I'm starting to get sick of this bullshit.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 6:02pm

Can you imagine if this was done to girls at school..........!!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/brauer-college-admits-missed-the-mark-asking-m...

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #13 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 6:06pm

Ajax wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 5:46pm:
It's rape culture because the same people that pushed SSM and the transgender agenda are now demonising heterosexual men.

The way this hysteria has kicked off every heterosexual man is a rapist or some sort of sexual predator.

What a complete load of bullshit....WTF does SSM and transexuals have to do with the reporting of rape....You are trying to conflate different issues to push your anti gay agenda ya smacking dickhead!!!

Quote:

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 6:10pm

Ajax wrote on Apr 6th, 2021 at 6:02pm:

That's a Maoist struggle session.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print