Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good Friday (Read 112 times)
Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Good Friday
Apr 2nd, 2021 at 1:01pm

I used to look forward to Good Friday. It was the day we drove to Mt Gambier, booked into a motel ready for the dog obedience trials on Easter Saturday and Sunday. My fave niece lived 50Km from Mt Gambier so there were two reasons for looking forward to going.

The Mt Gambier trials, in a HUGE reserve were really well organised and I really loved taking the mutt through its paces there. Last time we went I needed two successful trials to get our Novice title. Saturday—we succeeded, yay! Sunday, all was going REALLY well when the dog raced out the ring, squatted and did a piss then came straight back but the trial was over for her. Damn! I had got the dog really settled down, got her really focussed on me so she would see and follow the hand and voice commands. But I had forgotten the all important toilet walk. We never did get out title—the arthritic hip just put an end to training.

I still think fondly of those trips to Mt Gambier. We did our one and only agility trial there, incredibly I had remembered the course but Demi stuffed up one jump so we failed that one. My next dog I will take to agility training—just so much fun for the dog—if not bothering with trials.

One year Mum and my niece’s partner were yakking for so bloody long that by the time we went past the turnoff to Woodside on the freeway traffic from the Oakbank horse hurdle racing was joining the freeway and it was very slow driving to the end of the freeway where there was ANOTHER source of delay—BAC testing by the cops. We didn’t travel fast, poor Demi was in a harness fastened to a seat belt so about every hour I would take her for a walk for 10 minutes or so.

Now, if I was to go to the obedience trials in Mt Gambier I would come back to Adelaide on the Tuesday, or even later.

But they were great weekends, huge numbers of entrants and their dogs, obecdience and agility trials! Fun!
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2021 at 11:09am by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print