Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The “Climate Skeptics” thread in the Dubyne MRB (Read 3409 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: The “Climate Skeptics” thread in the Dubyne MRB
Reply #60 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 12:19pm

Booby doesn’t know the stupid Zharkova paper was withdrawn from publication! Her model could not hindcast known past GSMs.

The globe is warming at the rate of 0.2°C, according to both satellite (RSS for one) and terrestrial observations.

There is also no evidence that the sun is in a GSM and Booby has never either shown evidence that the sun is in a GSM or admit that the sun is not in a GSM. A GSM would cause global cooling of 0.2°C, meaning AGW would wipe out that cooling inside a decade.

But Booby does not know this. He is an idiot pure and simple, thinks weather = climate and accepts, without checking (despite his signature) that the sun is in a GSM when it is not.

Other people are calling Booby an idiot, not just me.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #61 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 12:28pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

The idiot has copied Ajax’s post here to the Dubyne MRB. Alzheimer's Booby? You would have posted that ripe old heap of fish entrails before.

Her paper was withdrawn, her model did not work. So much for needing extraordinary evidence, Booby never uses evidence at all!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 12:31pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 11:30pm:
You did say that, else you acknowledge AGW.

Quote:
And of course the Ceres OLR shows no sign of any heat being trapped.

Note nothing there about ALL heat being trapped; that was your statement petal.

And yet you can't provide evidence. You really are a maroon. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #63 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 12:36pm

No, you said all heat escaped and that CERES supported that. It doesn’t of course—the globe is still warming and CO2 is still increasing.

Why not show the picture of the earths radiation budget? You seem reluctant for some reason?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 1:54pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 12:36pm:
No, you said all heat escaped and that CERES supported that

You really are a liar; aren't you. There is no help for you.

I searched and found quotes from you from 2017 and you can't even search this thread? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 12:36pm:
Why not show the picture of the earths radiation budget? You seem reluctant for some reason?

No petal. Now they reckon they know the uncertainty to 0.9W/m2. Modelled of course. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Figure 1

Schematic flow of energy within the Earth's climate system, as determined from a combination of satellite measurements (ERBE, CERES) (Harrison et al. 1990; Wielicki et al. 1996) and model reanalyses (Trenberth et al. 2009; Kim and Ramanathan, 2012; Stephens et al. 2012; Wild et al. 2013). Solar radiative fluxes are shown on the left (in blue online) and infrared fluxes on the right (salmon pink online); convective and latent heat fluxes are in the centre (in orange and green online). The horizontal dashed line represents the planetary surface. Figures quoted here were based on those obtained by Wild et al. (2013) and adapted for the IPCC AR5 report (IPCC, 2013).

And the winner is ?  'Cos we know the models are accurate  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #65 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:16pm

The stone age didn't end because they ran outta stones, technology moved us forward and the same will happen here, because the big carbon producers are not going to stop their use of coal and oil,

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #66 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:19pm

Lee’s diagram shows radiation coming back to the surface.

Guess CERES does NOT show all IR sailing out to space thereby cooling it.

lee has once again proved AGW.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:25pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:19pm:

And? If we didn't we would freeze? Roll Eyes

And I never said it did Liar.

Rubbish.  It merely proves that we have a livable planet. Roll Eyes

BTW - I found that Trenberth Diagram.

I was wrong the uncertainty is only 17W/m2. And they can find about .5W/m2 in other papers.

Just think if their was no imbalance we wouldn't have climate. Wink

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #68 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:28pm

Retraction of the Zharkova et al paper:

Quote:
Heavily criticized paper blaming the sun for global warming is retracted

https://retractionwatch.com/2020/03/04/heavily-criticized-paper-blaming-the-sun-...

Poor Booby! The idiot said I didn’t know. Guess I do and Booby doesn’t. What you expect from an idiot.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #69 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:39pm

lee wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:25pm:

And? If we didn't we would freeze? Roll Eyes

And I never said it did Liar.

Rubbish.  It merely proves that we have a livable planet. Roll Eyes

BTW - I found that Trenberth Diagram.

https://curryja.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/stephens2.gif

I was wrong the uncertainty is only 17W/m2. And they can find about .5W/m2 in other papers.

Just think if their was no imbalance we wouldn't have climate. Wink

If CO2 and H2O didn’t exist here night time temperatures would go down to -173°C, just like the moon. (Well, not quite as low, we do have an atmosphere but pretty close.) Without the levels of CO2 and consequent H2O of the preindustrial age the average global temperature would have been -18°C instead of the +15°C it was back then. The science of shortwave incoming radiation, warming of the surface, emission of IR, capture of IR by GHGs is sound.

Furthermore, the atmosphere is not saturated with respect to carbon: with more CO2 the spectral lines widen and the height where the long wave IR is released to space increases with increases in CO2. At these atmospheric heights water vapor has largely condensed out and CO2 does the emitting. It is cold up there, hard to release IR and the surface warms more.

This is what, the third merry-go-round about AGW? I am now only interested in researching and discussing the effect of AGW on critters and the plants, predators and diseases of critters or the diseases and other ecological harm the effect of AGW on critters brings.

I cannot do that until I have been assured that posts of mine will not get moved from Critters and Gardens just because they mention or discuss something about AGW.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:43pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:28pm:
Retraction of the Zharkova et al paper:

Quote:
Heavily criticized paper blaming the sun for global warming is retracted

https://retractionwatch.com/2020/03/04/heavily-criticized-paper-blaming-the-sun-

Criticised and withdrawn. What were the peer-reviewers doing? It was presented to Nature.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:47pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 2:39pm:
Furthermore, the atmosphere is not saturated with respect to carbon: with more CO2 the spectral lines widen and the height where the long wave IR is released to space increases with increases in CO2.

That's not what you have been saying. Wink

This is what, the third merry-go-round about AGW? I am now only interested in researching and discussing the effect of AGW on critters and the plants, predators and diseases of critters or the diseases and other ecological harm the effect of AGW on critters brings.

Because you are a failure.

I cannot do that until I have been assured that posts of mine will not get moved from Critters and Gardens just because they mention or discuss something about AGW.

Your own little circle jerk world where anyone who criticises aspects is banned. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #72 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 9:07am

Fair enough the Zharkova paper was withdrawn, at least she had the decency to do so.

Unlike Mann, when his hockey stick was thrown under the bus he should have withdrawn it like all other scientists do when their hypothesis / theory is proved wrong.

Anyway astronomers like Scafetta, West etc etc do say that we are headed for cooling.

Some good reading here about sun spots,

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2020/04/SolarCycle25.pdf

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #73 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 10:18am

Ajax, I am sorry but the Mann hockey stick has NOT been refuted. Several other studies have confirmed it. The latest is a paleoclimate study that has pushed back the climate record to 24,000 years before now. It too includes a hockey stick.

It is inevitable: the declining Milankovitch Cycle caused some cooling until the increasing amount of CO2 started the rise in temperatures.

We know the mechanism: the sun warms the earth, the surface emits IR which if it reached space would cool the globe, GHG molecules increasingly absorb IR and spread the energy to the nitrogen molecules which move faster because of it. This is heat and is how AGW works.

Without GHG molecules in the air the world would have a mean temperature of -18°C! Now we have way too much GHGs in the atmosphere and so we have warmed.

This nonsense about ice age coming just ignores how much we have warmed and how little even the Maunder cooled global temperatures. No mini ice age is going to happen as AGW just keeps on warming the globe.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 2:01pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 10:18am:
The latest is a paleoclimate study that has pushed back the climate record to 24,000 years before now. It too includes a hockey stick.

From the paper -
"In each iteration, we produce a surrogate 24 ka GMST time series by6411) normal random sampling of temperature for each 200-yr interval"

Too funny. Remember what Marcott said about his 120 Years? "Not statistically significant". Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print