Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Richard Attenborough - Extinction: The Facts (Read 977 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Richard Attenborough - Extinction: The Facts
Apr 2nd, 2021 at 3:35am

A scary programme.

Let us know what you are doing to help

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000mn4n

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Richard Attenborough - Extinction: The Facts
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:52am

how about you go first sprint?  tell us what you are doing to prevent any extinctions...

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 12:01pm

Did he show the parts of the video that didn't make it to Netflix. Where the cute polar bears were chasing the walrus? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 12:29pm

cods wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:52am:
how about you go first sprint?  tell us what you are doing to prevent any extinctions...

have planted a Forest in our backyard, use very few pesticides, have native bees, have planted flowering plants for birds and bees, we don't buy  'lots of stuff', throw away very little food.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 1:24pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 12:29pm:

have planted a Forest in our backyard, use very few pesticides, have native bees, have planted flowering plants for birds and bees, we don't buy  'lots of stuff', throw away very little food.

and how many animals have you prevented from being extinct?.........isnt that the idea David is trying to get across?  I waste very little as well   I do not buy anything that harms any animal anywhere in the world....   I would imagine its people like Attenborough who can actually CHANGE THE WORLD...by that I mean stop deforesting   in Sth America.....they wont listen to me!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 1:30pm

lee wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 12:01pm:
Did he show the parts of the video that didn't make it to Netflix. Where the cute polar bears were chasing the walrus? Roll Eyes

should he have shown you eating your maccas as well?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 1:34pm

Richard Attenborough? Not bad! Knocking out a documentary after being dead for 7 years!?

Maybe it's his brother, David?

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 2:51pm

cods wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 1:24pm:

and how many animals have you prevented from being extinct?.........isnt that the idea David is trying to get across?  I waste very little as well   I do not buy anything that harms any animal anywhere in the world....   I would imagine its people like Attenborough who can actually CHANGE THE WORLD...by that I mean stop deforesting   in Sth America.....they wont listen to me!

' ...........  I waste very little as well   I do not buy anything that harms any animal anywhere in the world ........ '

very good

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 2:59pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 1:34pm:
Richard Attenborough? Not bad! Knocking out a documentary after being dead for 7 years!?

Maybe it's his brother, David?

Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 4:18pm

how did we miss that???>..

well spotted Nth by Nth

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:31pm

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:34pm

Looking for road kill?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:41pm

Same-same... promote bees and wanting to get my own native hive... always plant a forest and always plants for the bees and birds, and compost always.  The southern plantation was much better - flowers everywhere, summer and winter, so the bees always had something to work with.

This yard was bare with stones over where all the gardens had once been and the front all filled with reedy grass that is cheap and easy - I rebuilt some, built some new, and removed a lot of stones, ripped out poor plants and put in vegetables and fruit at the back and fine flowers at the front.  Plenty of bottle brush for the birds and bees ... honeysuckle for the bees plus lots of flowers. Looking through the back door now it's like a sub-tropical jungle.. all green - just have to put up trellis for the two passionfruit to cover the shed sides from view.

Got resident magpies and a pee wee and get seasonal visits from lorikeets and corellas and grey minahs.  Bird baths front and rear...
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:47pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2021 at 7:10pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 2nd, 2021 at 6:41pm:

Same-same... promote bees and wanting to get my own native hive... always plant a forest and always plants for the bees and birds, and compost always.  The southern plantation was much better - flowers everywhere, summer and winter, so the bees always had something to work with.

This yard was bare with stones over where all the gardens had once been and the front all filled with reedy grass that is cheap and easy - I rebuilt some, built some new, and removed a lot of stones, ripped out poor plants and put in vegetables and fruit at the back and fine flowers at the front.  Plenty of bottle brush for the birds and bees ... honeysuckle for the bees plus lots of flowers. Looking through the back door now it's like a sub-tropical jungle.. all green - just have to put up trellis for the two passionfruit to cover the shed sides from view.

Got resident magpies and a pee wee and get seasonal visits from lorikeets and corellas and grey minahs.  Bird baths front and rear...

great going Grappler.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Apr 4th, 2021 at 6:51pm

Quote:
.........   Morgan Freeman is doing his part to help halt the dwindling bee population in the world by converting his 124-acre ranch into a giant sanctuary for the insects.      .........

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2019/03/20/morgan-freeman-converted-his-...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print