Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 66
Send Topic Print
Antisocial Personality Disorder (Read 38170 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Antisocial Personality Disorder
Reply #120 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:49pm

rhino wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 10:14pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 10:12pm:
Seems to me that I work with a sociopath. He is certainly giving me the motivation to find a new job elsewhere.
a symptom of schizophrenia is paranoid delusions.

True. But, being schizophrenic does not mean that you are paranoid delusional all the time. I was on medication upon my first schizophrenic episode. And my mind had to adjust to the medication dealing with the chemical imbalance of the brain. I can tell you that watching movies and tv shows and speaking to people you have not met before whilst in recovery and on risperidone medication, you got to see a different perspective of how the world is operating. It never happened to me in times previous to then.

Yet, paranoid delusions or not would not explain why some moody supervisor goes hot and cold over whenever I ask a question about something. He gave me this spiel about how our restaurant would not be open if one of the equipment was not working at its proper settings. He then went on to say that I do not have to worry about that because I am not a supervisor, as if to say that I was telling him how to do his job. I get the feeling that he is under pressure to perform and needed to reestablish authority over anyone that questions him about anything.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #121 - May 15th, 2021 at 1:10pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 31st, 2021 at 4:08pm:
Sociopaths are the type with antisocial personality disorder who are non-violent. Psychopaths are the violent type. People with sociopathy tend to be lacking empathy. But they act well in society because that is what is expected of them.

No thats not the accepted definition of Psychopaths and Sociopaths. You have been watching too much TV

Quote:
In movies and TV shows, psychopaths and sociopaths are usually the villains who kill or torture innocent people. In real life, some people with antisocial personality disorder can be violent, but most are not. Instead they use manipulation and reckless behavior to get what they want.

Quote:
A key difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is whether he has a conscience.

A psychopath doesn’t have a conscience. If he lies to you so he can steal your money, he won’t feel any moral qualms, though he may pretend to. He may observe others and then act the way they do so he’s not “found out,"

A sociopath typically has a conscience, but it’s weak. They may know that taking your money is wrong, and they might feel some guilt or remorse, but that won’t stop their behavior.

Both lack empathy, the ability to stand in someone else’s shoes and understand how they feel. But a psychopath has less regard for others. Someone with this personality type sees others as objects he can use for his own benefit.

It’s not easy to spot a psychopath. They can be intelligent, charming, and good at mimicking emotions. They may pretend to be interested in you, but in reality, they probably don’t care.

“They’re skilled actors whose sole mission is to manipulate people for personal gain,” Tompkins says.

Sociopaths are less able to play along. They make it plain that they’re not interested in anyone but themselves. They often blame others and have excuses for their behavior.
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #122 - May 15th, 2021 at 1:38pm

There is a clear difference between sociopathy and psychopathy. And, no, I do not get my information from watching television.

Sociopaths have this mindset that they will do what they want to do to get what they want. But they are usually non-violent about what they do. They might lie, cheat, steal and manipulate people to get their own way. But, they usually act as if they are one of the people in society because they do not want to be singled out and ostracised. It interferes with their ability to get what they want in life. Sociopaths lack empathy. But that still makes them good managers and organisers in jobs that require organisational skills.

Psychopaths lack a moral compass. They will act up in front of people who are not important or important to them. They do not have the ability to make lasting relationships. And the relationships they do have usually end when the psychopath has finished getting what they want from the other person. It is not uncommon for psychopaths to engage in risky behaviour. They live for the now and do not plan for the future. Drug use and alcohol problems are frequent. The use of intoxicants are frequent because the psychopath needs some sort of stimulation to keep them happy.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #123 - May 15th, 2021 at 1:40pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:38pm:
There is a clear difference between sociopathy and psychopathy. And, no, I do not get my information from watching television.

Sociopaths have this mindset that they will do what they want to do to get what they want. But they are usually non-violent about what they do. They might lie, cheat, steal and manipulate people to get their own way. But, they usually act as if they are one of the people in society because they do not want to be singled out and ostracised. It interferes with their ability to get what they want in life. Sociopaths lack empathy. But that still makes them good managers and organisers in jobs that require organisational skills.

Psychopaths lack a moral compass. They will act up in front of people who are not important or important to them. They do not have the ability to make lasting relationships. And the relationships they do have usually end when the psychopath has finished getting what they want from the other person. It is not uncommon for psychopaths to engage in risky behaviour. They live for the now and do not plan for the future. Drug use and alcohol problems are frequent. The use of intoxicants are frequent because the psychopath needs some sort of stimulation to keep them happy.

Do you think anyone on Ozpolitic is
suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #124 - May 15th, 2021 at 1:44pm

Admittedly, I did not read your entire post before responding. It seems that your webmd link agrees with my assessment.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - May 15th, 2021 at 1:45pm

Bobby. wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:40pm:

I wouldn't say, " I'm suffering".

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #126 - May 15th, 2021 at 1:57pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:44pm:
Admittedly, I did not read your entire post before responding.
It seems that your webmd link agrees with my assessment.

Many people have it -
I think after 9 pages we need to start naming them
as they refused to self identify.

Those suspected of having APD:

Monk,
Smith,
LTYC,
Mothra.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - May 15th, 2021 at 2:11pm

sure you did, you based "your assessment" on it.
Quote:
surprise surprise.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #128 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:31pm

rhino wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 2:11pm:
sure you did, you based "your assessment" on it.
Quote:
surprise surprise.

No, I actually jumped to conclusions based on the accusation from The Barnacle that what I wrote previously was not factual. Upon submitting my response to his first few sentences, I read the last quoted paragraph to see that much of what was quoted had relative similarities to what I wrote.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #129 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:35pm

Bobby. wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:40pm:

I think rhino has got a bit of an antisocial personality disorder issue going with himself. The constant need to belittle others. His assuming the moral high ground whenever it suits him. The implicit threats. His narcissistic traits.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #130 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:36pm

Bobby. wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:57pm:

Many people have it -

Monk,
Smith,
LTYC,
Mothra.

None of those listed seems even close to having an antisocial personality disorder.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #131 - May 15th, 2021 at 3:47pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:45pm:
I wouldn't say, " I'm suffering".

Being a schizophrenic, I can only tell you my experiences of schizophrenia. Some of the symptoms include mistaking someone for someone else. Not that non-schizophrenics don't do that. But, for people with schizophrenia, you could mistake someone for someone else, yet continue to think that they are that person long after they correct you. I also had issues about thinking that there were messages in commercials. One commercial implored the viewer "don't wait!" in a type of way to think that it was some kind of hint for me to do something unrelated to the commercial's intent. And then there were all kinds of issues back in the days 15 years ago when I was unmedicated.

It was a whole lot of good and bad feelings mixed up with my condition of schizophrenia. But, I cannot say I can understand anything that psychotics and sociopaths have with their condition. I kind of get the feeling that they are suffering.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - May 15th, 2021 at 4:26pm

lol @ this idiot

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #133 - May 15th, 2021 at 4:53pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 3:36pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 1:57pm:

Many people have it -

Monk,
Smith,
LTYC,
Mothra.

None of those listed seems even close to having an antisocial personality disorder.

Come on - it's obvious that they have it.
Example:

Look at Mothra -
she called Cods a whore and when I asked her to apologise
she called Cods a whore again.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #134 - May 15th, 2021 at 4:55pm

rhino wrote on May 15th, 2021 at 4:26pm: