Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
I'm feeling bad about being a White Male (Read 7343 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I'm feeling bad about being a White Male
Reply #90 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:00am

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #91 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:27am

And these women are getting what they want.

More useless females being elevated into higher positions.

Why? Because they are more competent?

Nup, because the idiot prime-minister wants to placate the mob of shelas who have orchestrated a sex issue for the sole reason of getting the useless into power.

Once we get more women in, more and more will be appointed over men,.

Its only a matter of time before we see parliament made up of totally women, with perhaps a token male or two.

They have shown that they cannot compete with men,

So they will use other means to get what they want, no wonder the world is going down the drain.

Quote:
Fair go for fairer sex as PM shuffles deck (OR IS THAT UNFAIR GO FOR WHYNING SHELAS?)
CLARE ARMSTRONG

New senior roles for women in the Morrison cabinet

SCOTT Morrison has elevated six women and demoted Christian Porter and Linda Reynolds in a bid to reset his government after weeks of chaos.

Senior women in the Liberal Party have been given extra portfolios covering specific women’s issues as part of the PM’s new-look cabinet, unveiled following weeks of bungled responses since alleged rape survivor Brittany Higgins went public.

Under the reshuffle, Mr Morrison brought Defence Industry Minister Melissa Price back into the cabinet, meaning there are now seven women in the senior group — more than any other government.

But Mr Morrison’s attempts to show Australian women he has heard their concerns has been undermined by his decision not to call for embattled Queensland MP Andrew Laming to be dumped from the party.

Dr Laming has taken a month of leave to undergo behavioural training and will not recontest the next federal election after he abused several women online and took a photo of a young woman’s underwear in public.

Mr Morrison resisted calls to remove Dr Laming from the Coalition party room, which would create a minority government.

“ (Dr Laming) has said he is not seeking re-election,” he said.

“That is not a small thing to do, to walk away from a career in politics.”

In the reshuffle, Mr Porter and Ms Reynolds have been moved from their roles as Attorney-General and Defence Minister respectively, but will remain on the frontbench.

Mr Porter has moved to Industry, Science and Technology, while Ms Reynolds has shifted to Government Services.

Peter Dutton was promoted to Defence Minister, while Karen Andrews stepped up into his Home Affairs portfolio.

Michaelia Cash will be the new Attorney-General and Industrial Relations Minister, and Stuart Robert moves to Employment, Workforce, Small and Family Business.

Family and Social Services Minister Anne Ruston will add Women’s Safety to her role, and has been promoted to be part of the Morrison government’s leadership group.

Superannuation, Financial Services and the Digital Economy Minister Jane Hume has been given an additional portfolio of Women’s Economic Security, while Assistant Minister to the Attorney-General Amanda Stoker has also been appointed Assistant Minister for Women. Mr Morrison announced all of the women would be part of the new Women’s Cabinet Taskforce, which would ensure a “gender equality lens” was brought to all major government policy discussions.

The taskforce would also include the PM, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, Finance Minister Simon Birmingham and Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack.

Mr Morrison described Ms Payne as the “prime, Minister for Women” among her female colleagues.

“It is her job to bring together this great talent and experience,” he said.

The reshuffle was triggered after Mr Morrison received advice from the Solicitor-General there was a perceived conflict of interest if Mr Porter — who has denied historical rape allegations made against him — remained Attorney-General while he sued the ABC for defamation.

Ms Reynolds, who is on leave due to a pre-existing heart condition, was criticised for her handling of Ms Higgins’s rape allegations.

In a statement Mr Porter said it had been a “great honour and privilege” to serve as Attorney-General, but he was “accepting and understanding” his defamation case against the ABC now required his “replacement”.

Dr Laming went on ABC radio yesterday to defend his actions, declaring the “facts are on my side”.

Brisbane woman Crystal White and her colleague Sean Blinco have claimed Dr Laming took the photo of Ms White while she was bending over to fill up a fridge at a landscaping supplies business in 2019.

However Dr Laming said: “The photograph was of her in a completely dignified position, in no way compromised”.   

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #92 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:31am

Is this a typical example of putting a woman in power????

Matriarchal schools and councils run by women seldom function like normal people would expect.

Quote:
Clover’s out of her tree
MATTHEW BENNS

Council planting plan to cost $5000 per sapling LORD Mayor Clover Moore’s grand plan for “greening Sydney” will cost almost $5000 for every tree she plants.

At the same time as planning to plant 700 expensive new trees a year, Ms Moore (pictured) has been busy cutting down well established trees and putting in bike paths and new developments.

“It is hypocritical to be talking about greening Sydney when you are chopping down mature trees,” Sydney councillor Kerryn Phelps said.

City of Sydney councillors on Monday night voted on the $377m “greening” strategy that will plant 700 trees in the city every year for the next decade. Just under 10 per cent of the budgeted money will be used to plant new trees on Sydney’s streets, which works out at almost $5000 for each tree, despite nurseries offering Australian native saplings for as little as $2.75 each.

“It makes no sense when mature trees have been cut down in Portland Street in Zetland to make way for a cycleway that could easily have been put on the road next door,” Dr Phelps said.

Another 60 mature trees have been chopped down to make way for a luxury apartment development at the Surry Hills Shopping Centre.

In the past three years, almost 400 trees have been felled in Sydney streets to make way for development.

“We need to protect our existing trees. They need to be treated as living infrastructure.” Dr Phelps said.

“I have significant concerns because it will take 20 years for those new saplings to offer the habitat existing trees give to birds and bees in the city.”

The greening strategy has also been criticised for focusing on imported trees rather than indigenous Australian trees best suited to the climate and environment.

University of NSW environmental scientist Michael Archer said proposals to plant imported plane trees went against common sense and they should not be planted “anywhere in Australia, let alone the streets of Sydney’’.

“This tree is an alien invasive species that degrades Australia’s unique native biodiversity, threatens endangered Australian animals by depriving them of native foods and shelter, and creates potentially fatal health problems for a significant portion of the Australian human population,” Professor Archer said.

A City of Sydney spokeswoman said: “The proposed budget of $377m on greening projects includes the development and renewal of existing parks and open spaces over the next 10 years.”

She said the tree removal at Zetland was not for the new cycleway but part of flood mitigation work and felled trees would be replaced with Australian native Tallwood trees.   

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 8:48am

Now let's  have
minister for men and boys
assistant minister for men and boys
minister for men’s economic security
minister for men and boys safety

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 8:52am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 6:13pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 3:54pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 2:57pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 2:23pm:
You can preach all you want from your tower about them being terrorists, but you cannot change the reality.  And they would feel utmost offended by your views.

Why would they feel offended? They should feel shame that some muslims emerge from their mainstream muslim community and kill innocent people

The father of the last one that did this in Australia showed no remorse at all about his son killing two elderly Aussies. He just blamed radicalization and then stuck his head back in the door seemingly all embarrassed that once again a muslim had murdered innocent people. I don't recall him apologizing for his son's criminal action. He probably doesn't feel guilty either, he probably believes in Islam versus the West, plenty of muslims are like that

Did any one try to make you feel ashamed when Brenton Tarrant went on the killing spree?  As I recall, we have politician here trying to blame the act on the victims. 

Yes - from some here the actions of one were the actions of all.... but Tarrant was an aberration and a clear loonie - not the result of a religious canon...  and his one hit, while Inevitable™, was nothing in comparison to those killed in the West by Mad Mussos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

Well, I think Grappler, there are plenty of people around here thinks that he is a hero.   Perhaps, there is a bit of aberration in all of us, who knows.   The amount of people he killed is greater than any single event witness in Australia and New zealand history.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 9:06am

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 6:31pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 3:54pm:
Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 2:57pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 2:23pm:
You can preach all you want from your tower about them being terrorists, but you cannot change the reality.  And they would feel utmost offended by your views.

Why would they feel offended? They should feel shame that some muslims emerge from their mainstream muslim community and kill innocent people

The father of the last one that did this in Australia showed no remorse at all about his son killing two elderly Aussies. He just blamed radicalization and then stuck his head back in the door seemingly all embarrassed that once again a muslim had murdered innocent people. I don't recall him apologizing for his son's criminal action. He probably doesn't feel guilty either, he probably believes in Islam versus the West, plenty of muslims are like that

Did any one try to make you feel ashamed when Brenton Tarrant went on the killing spree?  As I recall, we have politician here trying to blame the act on the victims. 

I felt extreme frustration that politicians choose to do nothing about eliminating the potential for muslim attacks in Australia - why do we need these attacks and when will they stop? - that was my reaction to Tarrant's spree, which happened in NZ, I'm more concerned about what happens in Australia. If Tarrant had done that here, most people would just say it was tit for tat

I've seen no evidence that muslims feel shame about any of their attacks, they just make excuses for them and then sit back waiting for their next martyr to go out and get shot by the cops

The government is doing what it can to minimize the chance. 

But what are you doing?

Go around, trying to divide our community, pitting one against another, even though overwhelming majority of Muslim Australians has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, and all of sudden, in one sentence, you accuse them of being sympathizers. 

The terrorist would look at what you have wrote and think:  Ah look, this self righteous infidel.  We are not even there yet, and he is already so scared, that he is biting his neighbors with his teeth! 

Bias... do not give into your fear.  Do not give into the terrorist agenda.  They are standing there, threatening our way of life, telling us that there will be no peace between the believer and non believers.  That is not true!  We should fight back, we should hold hands with our fellow Muslim brother and sister that we will not give into their warped ideology. 
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2021 at 9:35am by tickleandrose »  

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #96 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 9:31am

Valkie wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:31am:
Is this a typical example of putting a woman in power????

Matriarchal schools and councils run by women seldom function like normal people would expect.

Quote:
Clover’s out of her tree
MATTHEW BENNS

Council planting plan to cost $5000 per sapling LORD Mayor Clover Moore’s grand plan for “greening Sydney” will cost almost $5000 for every tree she plants.

At the same time as planning to plant 700 expensive new trees a year, Ms Moore (pictured) has been busy cutting down well established trees and putting in bike paths and new developments.

“It is hypocritical to be talking about greening Sydney when you are chopping down mature trees,” Sydney councillor Kerryn Phelps said.

City of Sydney councillors on Monday night voted on the $377m “greening” strategy that will plant 700 trees in the city every year for the next decade. Just under 10 per cent of the budgeted money will be used to plant new trees on Sydney’s streets, which works out at almost $5000 for each tree, despite nurseries offering Australian native saplings for as little as $2.75 each.

“It makes no sense when mature trees have been cut down in Portland Street in Zetland to make way for a cycleway that could easily have been put on the road next door,” Dr Phelps said.

Another 60 mature trees have been chopped down to make way for a luxury apartment development at the Surry Hills Shopping Centre.

In the past three years, almost 400 trees have been felled in Sydney streets to make way for development.

“We need to protect our existing trees. They need to be treated as living infrastructure.” Dr Phelps said.

“I have significant concerns because it will take 20 years for those new saplings to offer the habitat existing trees give to birds and bees in the city.”

The greening strategy has also been criticised for focusing on imported trees rather than indigenous Australian trees best suited to the climate and environment.

University of NSW environmental scientist Michael Archer said proposals to plant imported plane trees went against common sense and they should not be planted “anywhere in Australia, let alone the streets of Sydney’’.

“This tree is an alien invasive species that degrades Australia’s unique native biodiversity, threatens endangered Australian animals by depriving them of native foods and shelter, and creates potentially fatal health problems for a significant portion of the Australian human population,” Professor Archer said.

A City of Sydney spokeswoman said: “The proposed budget of $377m on greening projects includes the development and renewal of existing parks and open spaces over the next 10 years.”

She said the tree removal at Zetland was not for the new cycleway but part of flood mitigation work and felled trees would be replaced with Australian native Tallwood trees.   

They do this everywhere - is this just because shes a woman?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 10:13am

8mValkie wrote on Mar 29th, 2021 at 7:31am:
I refuse to apologise for what I have not done.

Quote:
On Wednesday came another example of this toxic collective guilt. Mark Leibler, co-chair of the Referendum Council, was on Sky News to push again for an Aboriginal-only advisory parliament.

Leibler’s agenda, in my opinion, is racist enough. His arguments were even worse.

“We didn’t occupy this continent with consent,” Leibler said. Aborigines objected, and “we started off by murdering them”.

But wait. Who is this “we”, Mark? I know I haven’t murdered Aborigines. Nor did my parents. Nor did my grandparents back in Holland.

None of my friends and neighbours murdered any, either, so who is this “we”?

To Leibler, I assume, “we” means white Australians, or perhaps anyone who does not have at least one Aboriginal ancestor among their great-great-great grandparents. This is race guilt. Blood guilt. “We” are all the whites, now accused of murdering Aborigines simply because we share the race of individuals we never knew who did kill Aborigines hundreds of years ago.

And even then, to say that the British colonisers “started off by murdering” Aborigines is a grotesque exaggeration and defamation of our nation’s history. But sharing the same race now means sharing the guilt. The worst of whites define the best. So all whites are guilty and must say sorry, as sanctimonious white politicians do every year on our National Sorry Day.

So do school children. White school children say sorry for crimes they didn’t do, to people they weren’t done against.

This is the new racism.

I dont see how a pro-israel Zionist like Liebler can make such an argument with a straight face. 

Mark Leibler is a religious Zionist and social and political conservative who has played a prominent if contentious role in Jewish community politics, pro-Israel lobby groups and taxation law.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2021 at 1:40pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #98 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 10:43am

Frank wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 8:48am:
Now let's  have

Right on, Bro....

When I was airlifted to Cambra Hospital, the paramedic, upon alighting from the chopper and turning to the being built new 'Women's and Children's Hospital' muttered :-  "Wonder when they're going to build a men's hospital?

Of course, they did miss out on Women and Their Children's Hospital to signify ownership of children when it suits, but not at other times.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 10:45am

mothra wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 7:00am:

Well done, girl - that should give a lesson to those whining women out there...... including that pair of tourists in Tunisia...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #100 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 3:31pm

Linda Reynolds reminds me of Vera.  Grin

Vera.jpg (28 KB | 9 )
Vera.jpg

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:49pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 10:43am:
Now let's  have

Right on, Bro....

When I was airlifted to Cambra Hospital, the paramedic, upon alighting from the chopper and turning to the being built new 'Women's and Children's Hospital' muttered :-  "Wonder when they're going to build a men's hospital?

Of course, they did miss out on Women and Their Children's Hospital to signify ownership of children when it suits, but not at other times.

the trouble is grap  would the men take the children into hospital  with them??????? Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:51pm

Now let's  have

and make the minsters all WOMEN....yeah  right!

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #103 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 1:28pm

cods wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:51pm:
Now let's  have

and make the minsters all WOMEN....yeah  right!

You cant do that.
Don't you know, all men are uncontrollable offenders who beat women and children and prey on poor little defenseless women.

Imagine the audacity of a man actually complaining about the constant and on-going mental abuse by women.
Nagging is well known to virtually every male on earth.
Some put up with it, some strike back.
Some commit suicide.
Some leave and commit themselves to 18 years or so of forking out to a parasite through societal enforced punishment for leaving the family unit.
And some simply get on with life and leave the parasite to find their own way.

I have seen many good men pushed to the brink.
I Mackay, many miners were openly targeted by women (because they had a good, well paying job that would see them comfortable for as long as the man lived.

These poor souls married said women many of who, now with the sucker on the hook, enjoyed life to the full.
They churned out a couple of kids to cement the obligation of the man and then declared
"I no longer love you and want a divorce, with you paying fpor me and the kids"

This destroyed some men, I personally know of 3 who committed suicide as a result.
At one funeral the bitch wife declared that he was an asshole because he didn't leave her enough to have a good life....at the funeral.

Men need an advocate now, more than ever.
Any woman can claim rape, sexual assault or virtually anything without proof, from as far back as she so wishes.
Even if she went back to his room or even offered him what he wanted.
Even prostitutes can now claim rape.....prostitutes for goodness sake from years ago, what a Pandora's box that's gonna open up.
The mans career is subsequently ruined, regardless of the findings of the court.
The woman remains anonymous and simply looks for another target, or gets promoted or a good payout.

We need to make false claims painful for the bitches that try it on.
No proof, no claim.
False or unproven claims should result in the woman being charged and gaoled.

I don't believe in rape 23 years ago, if it was rape it would have been reported and followed up on.
It was simply using sex for promotion or advancement, if it fails or they(at a later date) feel hard done by they scream rape.

I know a woman who was raped.
She went to the police and the man was charged.
He beat her,Raped her and destroyed her life.
She didnt protest years later, she did it straight away.

I HAVE A DREAM

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Mar 31st, 2021 at 4:43pm

cods wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 4:49pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 30th, 2021 at 10:43am:
Now let's  have

Right on, Bro....

the trouble is grap  would the men take the children into hospital  with them??????? Smiley

Why would women take children into hospital with them?  A bit bizarre, isn't it?  Just stand there quietly by that nice doctor while mummy gets the cut, son/daughter.... I'll becoming out of this a Man.. isn't that nice?

Is it because The Modern Woman is incapable of maintaining and retaining a Family, and thus has no 'old man' at home to carry the load?  No wonder they end up with theoretically less super and need to take time off... they really can't have it all....

The point of a 'specialist gender' hospital is for specialist gender issues - men don't have specialist gender issues???

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print