Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
RAPE (Read 4274 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: RAPE
Reply #15 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 3:27pm

and you think thats good enough and acceptable  I get that.......you havent said one word about his language  heres another one...

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/parramatta/ruhi-dagdanasar-appeals-s...

Two convicted rapists who held a teenage girl captive while they raped and drugged her in a Glenwood house for 14 hours have made an attempt to appeal their 26-year sentences.

Ruhi Dagdanasar, 51, and a 40-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared via video link at the Supreme Court of Criminal Appeal on Tuesday, almost two years after they received sentences for raping the 18-year-old north shore student.

The victim had been at a school formal after-party in Auburn where she got heavily drunk and was waiting at Auburn train station in November 2016 when the men’s friend Mustafa Yucebasoglu allegedly lured her into a car she believed was an Uber.

The court heard he allegedly drove her to the double storey Glenwood home after 4am where the men laced her drinks with GHB and forced her to smoke methamphetamine (ice) through a pipe.

The court heard about how they took turns raping the young woman multiple times and captured the horrific ordeal on four videos taken with an iPhone.

At one point when forcing her to take the drugs one of the men said: “This stuff makes you so horny, we are all so horny.’’

The victim fled the house at 6pm the following day when she texted her sister to alert them of the sexual assault.

Defence barrister Philip Boulton said there was insufficient evidence to prove on the second charge that the assault on the young woman was aggravated and there were moments when she consented.

Mr Boulton told the court the 26-year sentence imposed on his client, who cannot be named, was “an unusually severe sentence’’.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch new DC show Superman & Lois on BINGE New customers get a 14 Day Free Trial

“The sentence imposed was manifestly excessive,’’ he said.

“My client’s sentence is the most severe sentence of anyone who’s been prosecuted for offences of this type.’’

Judge Peter Johnson said multiple child sex offences carried long sentences “but at the same time there are features of this conduct which doesn’t seem to arise in other cases’’ and the men who were “not young in their early 20s” showed no remorse’’.

“These should have been mature, experienced men,’’ he said.

He tried to appeal the sentence by saying there was no evidence of one of his charges of actual bodily harm, with no weapons.

“This was a young woman who was vulnerable but she was not a child,’’ he said.

In her submission, Crown prosecutor Helen Roberts said the victim was too intoxicated to form rational decisions despite the footage showing she agreed when the men had sex with her, asking if she liked it.

“Yes, yes,’’ the victim said.

But Ms Roberts said the comments “do not indicate consent because of her state of substantial intoxication’.

Judge Helen Wilson questioned the defence on the appeal.

“If it was a matter of such significance and it was so startlingly wrong, if this sentence stood out so much … why didn’t the defence counsel pick it up (earlier)
?’’

Dagdanasar, who is behind bars at Junee Correctional Centre, will be eligible for parole in 16 years. The co-offender, who is at the Hunter Correctional Centre, will be eligible for parole in 18 years.

A judgment was reserved for the matter.

so a penis isnt a weapon?.... good to know..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 3:48pm

cods wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 3:27pm:
and you think thats good enough and acceptable  .

No.

I'm just explaining to you that that's the way it is - it isn't anything unusual.

Similarly, if I explain to you that Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews it doesn't mean I think that's acceptable.

I'm just presenting a fact.

FFS, I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:00pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:37pm:
cods wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 6:10pm:
but a Barrister who claims to know exactly how she felt  after having sex for an hour....

do you think the barrister defending those charged should, contrary to his clients instructions, just say his clients are guilty and be done with it? Or she he try and establish reasonable doubt?

Do you even know how our legal system works?

Bump for Cods...

Care to answer Cods? Or is this going to be just another cods pity party with zero substance?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #18 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:44pm

Quote:
How does an attorney sleep? First, he lies on one side, then he lies on the other side.
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 6:10pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:00pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:37pm:
cods wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 6:10pm:
but a Barrister who claims to know exactly how she felt  after having sex for an hour....

do you think the barrister defending those charged should, contrary to his clients instructions, just say his clients are guilty and be done with it? Or she he try and establish reasonable doubt?

Do you even know how our legal system works?

Bump for Cods...

Care to answer Cods? Or is this going to be just another cods pity party with zero substance?

so if your missus was treated like that you would be okay  sounds very much like you are on the perps side........I expect a legal to do his.her job without crucifying  the victim  and casting vile insinuations.....

maybe thats how people think when they only have boys......I wouldnt know.. all I do know is  these rapists have all been brought up by adults......and its shameful. 

nothing surprises me with the way you think.....nothing at all.

Neferti wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:44pm:
Quote:
How does an attorney sleep? First, he lies on one side, then he lies on the other side.
Roll Eyes

yes nef the same goes for the mongs on here as well..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm

cods wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 6:10pm:
so if your missus was treated like that you would be okay  sounds very much like you are on the perps side........I expect a legal to do his.her job without crucifying  the victim  and casting vile insinuations.....

it matter not one iota how I feel about it. Defense lawyers are duty bound to do their best for their clients. In cases like this they need to create doubt. The best way to do that is to either prove someone is lying which is not always possible, or provide alternative scenarios that might give jury members reasons to doubt the accusers claims. That's how our whole legal system works. It's not up to lawyers to determine innocence or guilt. In fact, as I understand it, the good lawyers don't even ask their clients if they are guilty or not. It's strictly professional.

The alternative to to have lawyers decide if someone is guilty with only half the facts cods ...I know what legal system I prefer to live in.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:38pm

Neferti wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 4:44pm:
Quote:
Roll Eyes

That's pretty funny  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 7:07am

John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm:

it matter not one iota how I feel about it. Defense lawyers are duty bound to do their best for their clients. In cases like this they need to create doubt. The best way to do that is to either prove someone is lying which is not always possible, or provide alternative scenarios that might give jury members reasons to doubt the accusers claims. That's how our whole legal system works. It's not up to lawyers to determine innocence or guilt. In fact, as I understand it, the good lawyers don't even ask their clients if they are guilty or not. It's strictly professional.

The alternative to to have lawyers decide if someone is guilty with only half the facts cods ...I know what legal system I prefer to live in.

so its a no hold barred as far as your concerned... bring down the victim at all costs........that figures..

thankfully the jury in this case didnt agree with you all 4 have been found GUILTY...  and are serving long sentences....keep it up Australia..

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 8:55am

Aussie saved an alleged rapist once ... ask him, cods, to relieve your confusion.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 8:38pm

cods wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 7:07am:
John Smith wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:25pm:

so its a no hold barred as far as your concerned... bring down the victim at all costs........that figures..

thankfully the jury in this case didnt agree with you all 4 have been found GUILTY...  and are serving long sentences....keep it up Australia..

they don't care about the victim one way or the other..... you don't hire lawyers to care for victims, you hire doctors or social workers. ..

. all the lawyer is concerned with ... and rightly so since thats what his clients pay him to do, is causing them to doubt whatever evidence the prosecution puts up.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 8:39pm

AiA wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 8:55am:
Aussie saved an alleged rapist once ... ask him, cods, to relieve your confusion.

no he didn't .... are you really as stupid as cods?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Mar 25th, 2021 at 9:08pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 8:39pm:

Has Aussie told you a different story from the rest of us, John?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 12:02am

isnt that sweet, John  immediately springing to the disgraced ex lawyers defence, without knowing any facts even.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 11:35am

rhino wrote on Mar 26th, 2021 at 12:02am:

isnt that sweet, John  immediately springing to the disgraced ex lawyers defence, without knowing any facts even.

John is quick to get on his knees to receive Aussie's bounty.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 26th, 2021 at 4:44pm

AiA wrote on Mar 25th, 2021 at 9:08pm:

WE OZPOLIANS KNOW WHO THE STUPID ONE IS>>

Has Aussie told you a different story from the rest of us, John?

aussie will so dismayed when he read js response....he was so loud and clear about how he saved the accused  digital rapist so happy and proud of himself....he even rana contest....... and one of his besties  must have missed it.....oh dearie dearie me..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print