Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
RAPE (Read 4275 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

RAPE
Mar 23rd, 2021 at 3:19pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-nsw/ricardo-a...

A teenager who was found “stumbling and sleepy” on the street was just tired from having consensual group sex, a defence barrister has told a District Court rape trial.

Closing statements were delivered on Tuesday in the two-week trial for married father-of-three Ricardo Audish, accused of the sexual assault of an 18-year-old woman in October 2016.

The pizza chef pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting the girl in Lugarno Pizzeria when he was aged 38 in the company of three teenage boys, who have also pleaded not guilty to sexual assault.

Barrister Eugene Wasilenia told the court: “If someone had it four times or more in the space of one hour it wouldn‘t be surprising that someone would want to fall asleep and not talk about it with busy bodies in the street”.

He told the court it “used to be a joke in some circles” that people would get tired after sex, which explained why the girl was found by a stranger “stumbling and sleepy”.

The Crown claims the boys and Audish raped her in the back of the pizza shop before dropping her on a street in Riverwood.

CCTV footage of the girl stumbling along the street was played to the court.

The triple-0 call made by the stranger was read in court: “She can’t talk. She’s shaking. She can’t hold herself up. She’s weeping. She looks like she’s on drugs. She’s going to fall over.”

Mr Wasilenia said the girl was not drugged and her behaviour could be explained by tiredness, a possible underlying illness or smoking too much cannabis

Juries are meant to represent the community, but some jury verdicts have shocked the world. What happens when the evidence becomes too complex,…
A teenager who was found “stumbling and sleepy” on the street was just tired from having consensual group sex, a defence barrister has told a District Court rape trial.

Closing statements were delivered on Tuesday in the two-week trial for married father-of-three Ricardo Audish, accused of the sexual assault of an 18-year-old woman in October 2016.

The pizza chef pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting the girl in Lugarno Pizzeria when he was aged 38 in the company of three teenage boys, who have also pleaded not guilty to sexual assault.

Barrister Eugene Wasilenia told the court: “If someone had it four times or more in the space of one hour it wouldn‘t be surprising that someone would want to fall asleep and not talk about it with busy bodies in the street”.

He told the court it “used to be a joke in some circles” that people would get tired after sex, which explained why the girl was found by a stranger “stumbling and sleepy”.

The Crown claims the boys and Audish raped her in the back of the pizza shop before dropping her on a street in Riverwood.

CCTV footage of the girl stumbling along the street was played to the court.

The triple-0 call made by the stranger was read in court: “She can’t talk. She’s shaking. She can’t hold herself up. She’s weeping. She looks like she’s on drugs. She’s going to fall over.”

Mr Wasilenia said the girl was not drugged and her behaviour could be explained by tiredness, a possible underlying illness or smoking too much cannabis.

Crown Prosecutor Kate Nightingale told the court the girl clutched a pole on the street for 17 minutes, before she was helped by the “good Samaritan”.

Ms Nightingale said a paramedic who treated her shortly after gave evidence he thought the cannabis she had was spiked.

The Crown told the court a cannabis bong the girl was given by one of the teenage boys was laced with an unknown drug that made her experience “periods of unconsciousness”.

A blood test 15 hours after the alleged attack did not detect a drug in her system other than low levels of cannabis.

But Ms Nightingale told the court a doctor told the trial on an earlier occasion certain drugs including GHB could go undetected.

investigators
The court heard a number of witnesses during the trial including the alleged victim, two paramedics, a friend of the girl, a man who called an ambulance for her and doctors.

Seven men and four women make up the jury who will decide Audish’s fate

and thats the type of Barrister  women have to face in court....APPALING  Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: RAPE
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 4:04pm

The court is meant to uncover the facts of a matter, with the prosecution presenting the evidence  and the defence ensuring that the evidence is admissible and the procedures are correct in law. Neither side is meant to attempt to win at any cost, but unfortunately the system has developed into an adversarial one where 'winning' is the objective with the facts and merits of the argument becoming secondary to the result.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 6:10pm

Belgarion wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 4:04pm:
The court is meant to uncover the facts of a matter, with the prosecution presenting the evidence  and the defence ensuring that the evidence is admissible and the procedures are correct in law. Neither side is meant to attempt to win at any cost, but unfortunately the system has developed into an adversarial one where 'winning' is the objective with the facts and merits of the argument becoming secondary to the result.

look at what that young women faced... not only 4 men accused of rape but a Barrister who claims to know exactly how she felt  after having sex for an hour.....by all accounts  by her own choice...unbelievable

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:37pm

cods wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 6:10pm:
but a Barrister who claims to know exactly how she felt  after having sex for an hour....

do you think the barrister defending those charged should, contrary to his clients instructions, just say his clients are guilty and be done with it? Or she he try and establish reasonable doubt?

Do you even know how our legal system works?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:55pm

I've gotta say, I'm a little confused by this thread.

It appears that cods is saying the woman is telling the truth, and the man is lying.

Yet, when the failed ex-POTUS is accused of raping or sexually assaulting at least 26 women, and one child, she maintains that every single woman (and the child) is lying.

cods, you you please clarify your position?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:55pm:

So is Cods

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 8:00pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:56pm:

So is Cods

Her views on the subject seem to be extremely partisan.

i.e. Shorten accused of rape once = "He's guilty".

Failed ex-POTUS accused of rape and sexual assault at least 26 times = "Every single woman is lying".

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 8:23pm

Of course you are. Which thread are you not confused about, shitfer?

Name one.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 10:09pm

It appears that cods is saying the woman is telling the truth, and the man is lying.

Yet, when the failed ex-POTUS is accused of raping or sexually assaulting at least 26 women, and one child, she maintains that every single woman (and the child) is lying.

cods, you you please clarify your position?

oh whoopee do  the gang is all here  well almost...

where did I say anything about 4 men being  guilty.???..... the women as far as I can make out didnt say anything.....its the people who found her after they dumped her when they had finished with her.....funny old world  how you guys come screaming  when a vile Barrister makes comments almost as bad as what aussie has made over the years   which you guys applaud....at least I have never seen you pull him up...about them even the appalling one  TOP YOUR made to a female member here.... Angry Angry Angry

now if the barristers name was Trump  I am sure you would have condemned him... Angry Angry Angry hypocrites..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 10:11pm

Frank wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 8:23pm:

Of course you are. Which thread are you not confused about, shitfer?

Name one.

it isnt about TRUMP  just a nasty barrister who make very sexist remarks   to save 4 accused rapists...who dumped her..

dont expect  the mongs to find anything appalling about this thread  its all about the poster as far as they are concerned.....

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:22am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 23rd, 2021 at 8:00pm:

So is Cods

Failed ex-POTUS accused of rape and sexual assault at least 26 times = "Every single woman is lying".

I was gunna say that - i thought all women lie about rape

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:12am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 7:22am:

So is Cods

Spot

very judgemental    well done leftards....

did you read the op   I have never been in that fearful position  thank god   but I can speak from my heart you guys have  nothing to say about the Barrister???????... you wouldn tmind your daughter or sister being spoken of like that????   

oh I forgot ALL women lie about rape...  of course they do.....when are you going to say they enjoy it.. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:22am

cods wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:12am:

So is Cods

Spot

did you read the op   I have never been in that fearful position  thank god   but I can speak from my heart you guys have  nothing to say about the Barrister???????... you wouldn tmind your daughter or sister being spoken of like that????   

oh I forgot ALL women lie about rape...  of course they do.....when are you going to say they enjoy it.. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

That's what defense lawyers do, cods.

Right or wrong, it goes a long way to explain why many women don't report rapes.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:39am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:22am:

So is Cods

Spot

Right or wrong, it goes a long way to explain why many women don't report rapes.

so if that happened in a case a female in your family had the bad luck to go through   you would accept his critique... more or less she wanted it.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I will be honest with you I have not seen anything like this for a looooong time... once upon a time they dragged up a womens past to justify the rape    but that was changed  after a struggle....today women should not be in fear of reporting an attack as vile as this...   I find the Barristers comments scathing.....I hope he gets reported...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:47am

cods wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:39am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 24th, 2021 at 9:22am:

So is Cods

Spot

so if that happened in a case a female in your family had the bad luck to go through   you would accept his critique... more or less she wanted it.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I will be honest with you I have not seen anything like this for a looooong time... once upon a time they dragged up a womens past to justify the rape    but that was changed  after a struggle....today women should not be in fear of reporting an attack as vile as this...   I find the Barristers comments scathing.....I hope he gets reported...

As I said, cods, that's what defense lawyers do.

I'm not saying I like it - I'm just saying that's how it is.

It happens every day, and that's one of the reasons why women don't report rape.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print