Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
climate "skeptics" lie: snowfall vs temperature (Read 23620 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
climate "skeptics" lie: snowfall vs temperature
Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:15pm

We often see silly claims from climate change deniers about record snowfalls, with either an implicit or explicit suggestion that more snow must mean colder temperatures. But this is not actually true. It is just another example of the climate 'skeptic' movement taking advantage of people's ignorance.

If you want to know the temperature, check the temperature, not the depth of the snow.

Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 1:14pm:
The northern hemisphere winter this year was one of the “coldest in decades”, with experts in Finland suggesting record snowfall will likely not even melt through summer.

Bobby. wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 1:26pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 1:23pm:
Quote:
The northern hemisphere winter this year was one of the “coldest in decades”, with experts in Finland suggesting record snowfall will likely not even melt through summer.

Does more snow mean it was colder or warmer Bobby?

Climate change global warming fanatics like Monk
will say the extra snow is caused by the warmer air
creating more clouds which then turns into snow.

Normal people just say that - it's because it's colder.

Ajax wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 9:48am:
freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:46am:
lee wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 2:52pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 1:23pm:
Does more snow mean it was colder or warmer Bobby?

I would love to see the peer-reviewed paper that says it snows when it is warmer. Wink

It's actually common knowledge in cold places. Ignorant people, typically from warmer climates, tend to associate snow with cold weather, meaning weather that is colder than where they live, then simplify this association to assume that the colder it is, the more snow falls. Then they hear of an increase in snow fall in a particularly cold place, and ignorantly equate this with colder weather.

I'll give you a simple tip, if you want to know the temperature, look at the temperature, not the snowfall.

Monologuing again FD, you should stop and read what you're thinking and writing now and again.

Nothing short of dribble....LOL

« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2021 at 1:46pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: snowfall vs temperature
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:18pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:15pm:
We often see silly claims from climate change deniers about record snowfalls, with either an implicit or explicit suggestion that more snow must mean colder temperatures. But this is not actually true.

So tell us how AGW affects snowfall. Does it snow at temperatures above about 10C. Has AGW raised it to say 18C? Wink

Has Viner's prediction of within a few years snow will be a "rare and exciting event", made in 2000, come true?
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:23pm by lee »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:22pm

Obviously the original article never seems to state that more snowfall always means colder temperatures, or even in the particular example they are giving. That would usually be lying. They leave it to the ignorant to draw the wrong conclusion and spread their ignorance on facebook and youtube videos.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:25pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:22pm:
Obviously the original article never seems to state that more snowfall always means colder temperatures, or even in the particular example they are giving. That would usually be lying.

lee wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:18pm:
Has Viner's prediction of within a few years snow will be a "rare and exciting event", made in 2000, come true?

You mean climate scientists lie? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:33pm

Obviously there are those who desperately want to believe that climate change is some grand conspiracy, and they will latch on to every convenient lie they come across, no matter how absurd, then change the topic rather than acknowledge the truth.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:43pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:33pm:
Obviously there are those who desperately want to believe that climate change is some grand conspiracy, and they will latch on to every convenient lie they come across, no matter how absurd, then change the topic rather than acknowledge the truth.

Poor petal. Can't even acknowledge the truth. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:47pm

Of course, most of the claims posted here by climate "skeptics" are of the same ilk. Look into it for about 30 seconds, and you see the lie.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 1:07pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:47pm:
Of course, most of the claims posted here by climate "skeptics" are of the same ilk. Look into it for about 30 seconds, and you see the lie.

Now the blogist who is known as "Tamino", a Climate believer. Real name Grant Foster is in DESmogBlog's recommended list. Also Yale's Climate Connections list. So what did Tamino say about this?

"It wasn’t that long ago, back in 2000, that David Viner of the Climate Research Unit stated that winter snowfall in England will become “a very rare and exciting event”. He added that “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.” His comments came on the heels of several very low-snow winters in England."

https://tamino.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/snow/

So now we know you lie as well. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 2:23pm

That's not a very good excuse Lee.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 2:29pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 2:23pm:
That's not a very good excuse Lee.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

White flag accepted.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 5:10pm

Congratulations, you found a blogger who tells almost as many lies as you. Now use it as an excuse to tell more lies.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 5:39pm

Number of years ago. Down early at Bradbury Basketball courts in the Campbelltown area of Sydney and there was snow everywhere just a few weeks out from Christmas. The surrealness of it was that it didn't last for long and only fell in a few other places around Sydney.

...it was a cold night and morning to day.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 5:54pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 5:10pm:
Congratulations, you found a blogger who tells almost as many lies as you. Now use it as an excuse to tell more lies.

Poor petal. So Tamino tells lies?  Is that just about snowfall or also his belief in "KIDS' LIVES MATTER so let's stop climate change". Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

https://tamino.wordpress.com/

So you have climate scientists who tell lies, Tamino, when he doesn't agree with you, tells lies, and you tell lies. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:26pm

Quote:
So Tamino tells lies?

Does it matter? I could find a thousand bloggers who tell lies. Not one would be relevant. If you have to resort to that as an excuse, all that it shows is your desperation.

Why do you tell lies?

And do you have an opinion on the whole snowfall vs temperature thing?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:51pm

freediver wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:26pm:
Does it matter? I could find a thousand bloggers who tell lies. Not one would be relevant. If you have to resort to that as an excuse, all that it shows is your desperation.

Poor petal. Just can't accept the truth.

Why do you tell lies?

I don't petal. That's you.

And do you have an opinion on the whole snowfall vs temperature thing?

lee wrote on Mar 21st, 2021 at 12:18pm:
So tell us how AGW affects snowfall. Does it snow at temperatures above about 10C. Has AGW raised it to say 18C? Wink

My opinion is that snow is not a rare and exciting event. It snows at up to 10C and that hasn't changed. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print