Covid memes. (Read 32915 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Covid memes.
Reply #60 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 1:13pm

Quote:
Dear Editor

I have had more vaccines in my life than most people and come from a place of significant personal and professional experience in relation to this pandemic, having managed a service during the first 2 waves and all the contingencies that go with that.

Nevertheless, what I am currently struggling with is the failure to report the reality of the morbidity caused by our current vaccination program within the health service and staff population. The levels of sickness after vaccination is unprecedented and staff are getting very sick and some with neurological symptoms which is having a huge impact on the health service function. Even the young and healthy are off for days, some for weeks, and some requiring medical treatment. Whole teams are being taken out as they went to get vaccinated together.

Mandatory vaccination in this instance is stupid, unethical and irresponsible when it comes to protecting our staff and public health. We are in the voluntary phase of vaccination, and encouraging staff to take an unlicensed product that is impacting on their immediate health, and I have direct experience of staff contracting Covid AFTER vaccination and probably transmitting it. In fact, it is clearly stated that these vaccine products do not offer immunity or stop transmission. In which case why are we doing it? There is no longitudinal safety data (a couple of months of trial data at best) available and these products are only under emergency licensing. What is to say that there are no longitudinal adverse effects that we may face that may put the entire health sector at risk?

Flu is a massive annual killer, it inundates the health system, it kills young people, the old the comorbid, and yet people can chose whether or not they have that vaccine (which had been around for a long time). And you can list a whole number of other examples of vaccines that are not mandatory and yet they protect against diseases of higher consequence.

Coercion and mandating medical treatments on our staff, of members of the public especially when treatments are still in the experimental phase, are firmly in the realms of a totalitarian Nazi dystopia and fall far outside of our ethical values as the guardians of health.

I and my entire family have had COVID. This as well as most of my friends, relatives and colleagues. I have recently lost a relatively young family member with comorbidities to heart failure, resulting from the pneumonia caused by Covid. Despite this, I would never debase myself and agree, that we should abandon our liberal principles and the international stance on bodily sovereignty, free informed choice and human rights and support unprecedented coercion of professionals, patients and people to have experimental treatments with limited safety data. This and the policies that go with this are more of a danger to our society than anything else we have faced over the last year.

What has happened to “my body my choice?” What has happened to scientific and open debate? If I don’t prescribe an antibiotic to a patient who doesn’t need it as they are healthy, am I anti-antibiotics? Or an antibiotic-denier? Is it not time that people truly thought about what is happening to us and where all of this is taking us?

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n810/rr-14

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #61 - Apr 7th, 2021 at 1:34pm

Sophia wrote on Apr 7th, 2021 at 1:06pm:
Geez lighten up folks.... I actually like these memes and I get a good laugh out of them.... but sometimes we have to realise ... what is said in jest can also ring truth to a somewhat degree.

Thanks for your support.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 11:41am

https://guitar.com/news/music-news/ted-nugent-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-1-18...

This guys a genius

Controversial rocker Ted Nugent has asked why the previous 18 COVIDs before COVID-19 did not have such a dire impact on events. His comments have been met with confusion, as COVID-19 is named such because it was discovered in the year 2019, not because it is the 19th COVID variant.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #63 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 12:42pm

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #64 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 12:48pm

Yawn!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 12th, 2021 at 1:59pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 9th, 2021 at 11:41am:
https://guitar.com/news/music-news/ted-nugent-covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-1-18...

This guys a genius

Controversial rocker Ted Nugent has asked why the previous 18 COVIDs before COVID-19 did not have such a dire impact on events. His comments have been met with confusion, as COVID-19 is named such because it was discovered in the year 2019, not because it is the 19th COVID variant.

He's an insane member of the T**** cult.

And a certifiably crazy gun-nut to boot.

And, just like many other members of the T**** cult (including the leader himself), he's been accused of having sex with several underage girls.

I'm embarrassed to admit I was a fan of his in the late '70s.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #66 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 7:54pm

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne