Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
so much for EQUALITY girls.. (Read 530 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

so much for EQUALITY girls..
Mar 8th, 2021 at 4:48pm

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/business/women-still-shelling-out-more-for-bas...
Australian women are still shelling out more than men for basic goods and services, a new study has revealed.

Consumer comparison site Finder estimates women are paying on average $679 more a year because of a “gender premium”.

A basic survey of personal care items available at major supermarkets on Monday reveals women are stung more than men for similar products.

For example, a L’Oreal Men Expert Vita Lift Total Anti-Ageing Hydrating Moisturiser Cream retailed for $12 for 50mL.

This compared with the L’Oreal Revitalift Laser Anti-ageing Day Moisturiser at $31.50 for 50mL.

Dandruff-plagued women are also paying more to clamp down on the embarrassing problem.

A Men’s Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 Ultramen Old Spice Shampoo was retailing for $5.60 for 200mL.

This compared with a similar product, Head & Shoulders 2 in 1 Dry Scalp Shampoo & Conditioner 350mL, that cost $11 for 350mL.

Meanwhile, when it came to shaving, a 10-pack of Bic razors cost $2.80, or you could opt for the prettier looking version: a Gillette Daisy Classic Shaving Razor five-pack for $2.70.

A price comparison of five top inner Melbourne hair salons on Monday also revealed women can pay as much as $30 more for a basic haircut than men.

Finder’s From pay gap to parity report found the biggest price gap between men’s and women’s products was in income protection insurance.

It estimated women were spending $312 more a year on average than men.

This is because women are considered to be more susceptible to pre-existing medical conditions or pregnancy complications, which could take them away from work. They are also more likely to take time off to look after children or elderly relatives,” the report said.

Contraception also topped the list, with women spending about $252 more on birth control every year.

Finder senior editor Sarah Megginson said that women generally earn less than men but were expected to pay more for basic items was baffling.

“Women are still bearing the brunt of ‘gender premium’ pricing, which sees them spending more than men on a range of products,” she said.

“As a society, we’re pretty well aware that women are paying more for things like contraception and personal care products – even products as basic as razors are more expensive for women simply because they’re pink and marketed in a different way

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: so much for EQUALITY girls..
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:00pm

buy the mens version of the product for a cheaper price, bazinga, problem solved.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:11pm

companies know they can profit from womens vanity so they jack up the price

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Gordon

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:22pm

All those items you mentioned, there are similarly priced stuff for men with the stupid tax added.

Womens haircuts are probably the only area, my barber charges $25 but I'm in the chair for less than 10 mins.

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:43pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:22pm:
All those items you mentioned, there are similarly priced stuff for men with the stupid tax added.

Womens haircuts are probably the only area, my barber charges $25 but I'm in the chair for less than 10 mins.

What do they charge for blokes who are bald and just want their ears lowered and don't want a full shaved head like a prisoner?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 4:39pm

Neferti wrote on Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:43pm:
Gordon wrote on Mar 8th, 2021 at 5:22pm:

What do they charge for blokes who are bald and just want their ears lowered and don't want a full shaved head like a prisoner?  Roll Eyes

hhahahahahahahahah

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 6:32pm

This Topic was moved here from Women's Issues by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print