THE TRIAL (Read 21581 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: THE TRIAL
Reply #450 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:53pm

rhino wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 10:15pm:
Go for it, that should remind you that you are alone and loveless every time you use it.

Single and mingling. I seem to be doing pretty well with the ladies for a fat guy. Whereas I think I am legally obliged not to speculate about your love life.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #451 - May 22nd, 2021 at 2:48pm

Witness to the event and MMA fighter claimed that when the defence asked if Williams had called the officers names (like bum, bogus, big man. and phucking big man), Williams responded "You saw the video" over and over, failing to answer the question. The judge had to intervene to tell the witness to answer the question. Never have I ever seen a person act so narcissistically that he would bring that attitude to court. Williams slurred his way through the defence questioning to the point that Williams had to be asked a few times to repeat his answer. The judge told Williams that sometimes the court reporter could not hear his answer.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #452 - May 23rd, 2021 at 12:14am

Witness for the prosecution, certified EMT trained fire fighter, Genevieve Hansen was the last person on the stand for day 2. She volunteered answers to things that were not asked. She contradicted sworn statements she made as witness 3 days after George Floyd's death. Judge Cahill reprimanded Hansen for arguing with the court and the defence attorney. Hansen showed complete irreverence for Judge Cahill's instructions. Hansen even interrupted Judge Cahill's reprimand/instructions rather rudely.

I would estimate an appeal, if that were to happen, would greatly mitigate and overturn Chauvin's convictions. Chauvin is guilty. But I doubt that he was guilty of murder and perhaps manslaughter.

Both prosecutor and defense attorney were very professional in day 2 of the trial. It is a shame that most witnesses for the prosecution are not treating the trial with the respect that it deserves. The juvenile witnesses (those witnesses 18 years and younger) would have been the exception to the poor behaviour, as they treated the court with the respect due. Good work girls.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #453 - May 23rd, 2021 at 12:33am

He held the suspect down while Floyd died of a drug overdose, what was his crime. Certainly not homicide!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #454 - May 23rd, 2021 at 8:32am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 9:06pm:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
what the heck does that have to do with this topc???
?

I am speaking as a person who has experienced considerably more violence than most people in Australia. This topic about a police brutality death vexes me when I know of people who have suffered worse than Floyd.

what in the world is WORSE than having the breath sucked out of you  in the middle of the road over 9 minutes????????......are you saying any strangulation is not that tough....btw George isnt whining.....

Reply #453 - Today at 12:33amQuote He held the suspect down while Floyd died of a drug overdose, what was his crime. Certainly not homicid

so what was it then??? 9 minutes are you saying He could have knelt on Georges neck for 15 minutes and  it would still not be murder?...what time limit would you say is fair to give both sides a fair go ...??????? how long would you allow Chauvin to kneel on your neck?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #455 - May 23rd, 2021 at 11:29am

cods wrote on May 23rd, 2021 at 8:32am:
?

I am speaking as a person who has experienced considerably more violence than most people in Australia. This topic about a police brutality death vexes me when I know of people who have suffered worse than Floyd.

what in the world is WORSE than having the breath sucked out of you  in the middle of the road over 9 minutes????????......are you saying any strangulation is not that tough....btw George isnt whining.....

I have seen people getting disabled right in front of me. I could imagine that experience would be a lot worse than it looked. George Floyd had it easy, by comparison.

And it is not to say that a guy (Floyd) laying on his chest did not bring about his own demise from taking drugs in the past (and probably that day).

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #456 - May 26th, 2021 at 1:19am

Day 3 ended with some good witnesses for the prosecution. Christopher Martin, an employee at Cup Foods who allegedly received the counterfeit bill from Floyd. Martin said "it would appear that [Floyd] was high" but that he was able to talk and communicate. Martin was a bit relaxed about his deposition. He did rely on saying that the video footage and his sworn statement was accurate and what he said was on the transcripts.
Charles McMillian, a bystander who had a conversation with Floyd when Floyd was in the police car. He broke down on stage when he relived the footage of Floyd dying. The court had a ten minutes recess to allow McMillian to compose himself. McMillian did make a statement that he had met Chauvin about 5 days before the Floyd death. McMillian seemed to show some sort of anti-police sentiment in some of his statements.
Two witnesses I cannot recall much of what they were saying. Some links to help.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #457 - May 27th, 2021 at 6:51am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 23rd, 2021 at 11:29am:
?

I have seen people getting disabled right in front of me. I could imagine that experience would be a lot worse than it looked. George Floyd had it easy, by comparison.

And it is not to say that a guy (Floyd) laying on his chest did not bring about his own demise from taking drugs in the past (and probably that day).

The same can be said for Ashli Babbitt.  If only she'd not tried to break into a secure area and get to the last line of defense between the terrorists and the Vice President she wouldn't have been the architect of her own demise.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #458 - May 27th, 2021 at 7:49pm

No argument from me about Babbitt's circumstances of her death.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #459 - May 27th, 2021 at 8:13pm

Mortdooley wrote on May 23rd, 2021 at 12:33am:
He held the suspect down while Floyd died of a drug overdose, what was his crime. Certainly not homicide!

weve been over this Mort, no, he didnt hold him down, he kneeled on his neck with his bodyweight behind it,  needlessly. Floyd was already restrained and presented zero threat, I understand you are pretty dumb but you need to get these facts right.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #460 - May 27th, 2021 at 8:17pm

?

Reply #453 - Today at 12:33amQuote He held the suspect down while Floyd died of a drug overdose, what was his crime. Certainly not homicid

so what was it then??? 9 minutes are you saying He could have knelt on Georges neck for 15 minutes and  it would still not be murder?...what time limit would you say is fair to give both sides a fair go ...??????? how long would you allow Chauvin to kneel on your neck?

unsubRockys an expert on everything, despite having zero experience , knowledge or training he knows everything about suffocation.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #461 - May 27th, 2021 at 8:22pm

I thought you had accepted that I have experienced blacking out from being put in a headlock.
And my first aid experience has not been updated in about 2 years, and therefore I am out of practice.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #462 - May 27th, 2021 at 8:27pm

Blacking out from being put in a headlock doesnt make you an expert. And if you blacked out it wasnt a headlock, it was a chokehold.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #463 - May 27th, 2021 at 8:35pm

Fine, it was a chokehold.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #464 - May 28th, 2021 at 1:16am

Day 4 of the trial was interesting.

Courteney Ross (Floyd's girlfriend) took the stand to testify her perception of the state of mind of George Floyd. The deposition started with Ross talking about how they met. Her religious affiliation connection that Ross had with Floyd. The fact that they had a child together. Then the questions did arise about Ross's drug use alongside Floyd. Ross was an opioid addict. Ross made admissions that she was a user. Interestingly, Ross did not hold back about her own drug use, or her knowledge about Floyd's drug use. I respected Ross's honesty.

Seth Bravinder and Derek Smith, paramedics who responded to Floyd's death. Smith believed that Floyd was already dead upon their arrival. Both paramedics detected no movement of Floyd and no heartbeat was detected after Floyd was loaded into the ambulance. One of the paramedics testified that Chauvin was still on top of Floyd when he arrived.

Captain Jeremy Norton of the Minneapolis Fire Department. Mr Norton was concerned about a possible police homicide. Norton reported this to his supervisor.

Day 4 held the strongest case against former officer Chauvin, with some considerably credible witnesses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 
Send Topic Print