THE TRIAL (Read 21323 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: THE TRIAL
Reply #435 - May 11th, 2021 at 3:12pm

cods wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 8:37am:
nothing wil change the facts  that Chauvin knelt on Georges neck for over 9 minutes...

A witness in the trial said that Chauvin repositioned his knee in a "shimmy move" (if I have that act correctly named) where Chauvin went from putting his knee on Floyd's shoulder to moving the knee to the neck. I think that was shown to happen in the last 3 minutes of the bystander footage before Chauvin got up.

Quote:
no one cares if he meant to kill him.... the FACT is he did...

I think the law cares whether someone means to kill someone else. It is the difference between accidental death and murder. I did not say that Chauvin did not commit a homicide. That debate is with two medical examiners who said two different things. Chauvin might well have been trying to get Floyd to pass out so that Chauvin could more easily place Floyd in the police vehicle. Then the death was accidental. Or Chauvin might have been trying to kill Floyd on purpose. I would need to hear a reason (perhaps in an appeal) from Chauvin why he did what he did.

Quote:
not only that the man begged for his life over and over again....all the while he was handcuffed face down lying  in the road.

Please watch the video of what happened in the 10 minutes before that event. Floyd had been claiming that he was unable to breathe properly. He was hurting. He was claustrophobic. He lashed out in the police vehicle for some reason. Maybe the police provoked Floyd by sticking something sharp into Floyd's side to make Floyd react in that way -- I am very serious on that point. Or Floyd could have been obstinate.

Quote:
how anyone can find the slightest justification for that I will never know.....  Angry Angry Angry

I am not justifying Floyd's death. I am trying to reason with people that I doubt that Floyd would have lived much passed that day had he not been arrested.

Quote:
some people need to take into account how he suffered   for 9 minutes each breath was stolen from him   he died inch by inch...

I could imagine that Floyd would have had a very uncomfortable last 10 minutes alive. But his death is a combination of health problems and police brutality. If one or the other did not happen, he would likely have lived. But I do not feel saddened that Floyd died in those circumstance. I am angry that Floyd put himself in a position that lead to him getting killed. Chauvin is guilty. I just do not know what would be appropriate as the conviction.

And I speak as a person who has suffered more violence than most people. You would have to have lived in a war zone, worked in emergency services, worked as a bouncer. But I doubt that those groups would have experienced being shot or run down by a vehicle or knocked down in a blow from a blunt object, etc.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #436 - May 11th, 2021 at 3:26pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 9:15am:
Do you people see the lengths you're going to in order to defend this murder?

I remember how outraged you all were when that terrorist was shot and killed by police when she was storming the capital.

I guess she was a white woman after all.

The woman who was shot at the Capitol Building also died unnecessarily. I think we need to wait for the officer's right to reply before we make judgement. So far, we do not have the full story.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #437 - May 11th, 2021 at 3:30pm

rhino wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 11:06am:
At least we now know what happened to unsubRocky, lack of oxygen to the brain.

It must have given me reason to be more self-aware of my own personal security to the point that I developed streetwise skills beyond what a "fit and healthy" individual like you, rhino, could only dream of attaining.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #438 - May 11th, 2021 at 5:27pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 3:12pm:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 8:37am:
nothing wil change the facts  that Chauvin knelt on Georges neck for over 9 minutes...

A witness in the trial said that Chauvin repositioned his knee in a "shimmy move" (if I have that act correctly named) where Chauvin went from putting his knee on Floyd's shoulder to moving the knee to the neck. I think that was shown to happen in the last 3 minutes of the bystander footage before Chauvin got up.

Quote:
no one cares if he meant to kill him.... the FACT is he did...

I think the law cares whether someone means to kill someone else. It is the difference between accidental death and murder. I did not say that Chauvin did not commit a homicide. That debate is with two medical examiners who said two different things. Chauvin might well have been trying to get Floyd to pass out so that Chauvin could more easily place Floyd in the police vehicle. Then the death was accidental. Or Chauvin might have been trying to kill Floyd on purpose. I would need to hear a reason (perhaps in an appeal) from Chauvin why he did what he did.

Quote:
not only that the man begged for his life over and over again....all the while he was handcuffed face down lying  in the road.

Please watch the video of what happened in the 10 minutes before that event. Floyd had been claiming that he was unable to breathe properly. He was hurting. He was claustrophobic. He lashed out in the police vehicle for some reason. Maybe the police provoked Floyd by sticking something sharp into Floyd's side to make Floyd react in that way -- I am very serious on that point. Or Floyd could have been obstinate.

Quote:
how anyone can find the slightest justification for that I will never know.....  Angry Angry Angry

I am not justifying Floyd's death. I am trying to reason with people that I doubt that Floyd would have lived much passed that day had he not been arrested.

it doesnt sound like that at all.....its a hypothetical how long he might have lived... no point in even discussing it.

Quote:
some people need to take into account how he suffered   for 9 minutes each breath was stolen from him   he died inch by inch...

I could imagine that Floyd would have had a very uncomfortable last 10 minutes alive. But his death is a combination of health problems and police brutality. If one or the other did not happen, he would likely have lived. But I do not feel saddened that Floyd died in those circumstance. I am angry that Floyd put himself in a position that lead to him getting killed. Chauvin is guilty. I just do not know what would be appropriate as the conviction.

if police brutality contributed one second to his death.. then it is MURDER....we are all going to die, since when is it ok for anyone to kneel on a persons neck for 9 minutes?????

And I speak as a person who has suffered more violence than most people. You would have to have lived in a war zone, worked in emergency services, worked as a bouncer. But I doubt that those groups would have experienced being shot or run down by a vehicle or knocked down in a blow from a blunt object, etc.

what the heck does that have to do with this topc???
?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #439 - May 11th, 2021 at 5:30pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 12:01pm:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 10:01am:
thats not how it reads    you have said THEY  loud and clear....meaning all involved in the topic...its pretty obvious to me...you mean all.

I think it's fair to say you've been more than reasonable on this issue, and while it may have read that way, I certainly wouldn't be directing any of that your way, apologies if it came across that way.

yes it did  I am afraid... I accept  your apology  I get defensive  because certain people use any excuse to accuse me of things I do not do..

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #440 - May 11th, 2021 at 9:06pm

cods wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
?

I am speaking as a person who has experienced considerably more violence than most people in Australia. This topic about a police brutality death vexes me when I know of people who have suffered worse than Floyd.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #441 - May 11th, 2021 at 9:18pm

There is no denying George Floyd was the scum of the earth and non-deserving of the Angel wings.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #442 - May 11th, 2021 at 9:35pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 9:06pm:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 5:27pm:
?

I am speaking as a person who has experienced considerably more violence than most people in Australia. This topic about a police brutality death vexes me when I know of people who have suffered worse than Floyd.
We are  talking about reality and not the fantastical world you live inside your own head. Yes, fantastical is a word.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #443 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:00pm

You would not know how ironical you were in that last post of yours, rhino.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #444 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:04pm

I think I will call you son of Valkie.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #445 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:13pm

And I will go back to calling you CuckedHippo.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #446 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:15pm

Go for it, that should remind you that you are alone and loveless every time you use it.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #447 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:16pm

Exploding bike tyres.  Cheesy

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #448 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:23pm

rhino wrote on May 11th, 2021 at 10:16pm:
Exploding bike tyres.  Cheesy

That is about the best insult you can level at me. A few years back, you could have said that I must freak out doing left turns in my car.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #449 - May 11th, 2021 at 10:41pm

Who knows, you never stop giving.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33
Send Topic Print