Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Albanese Arrived In Perth For The WA Election (Read 1053 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Albanese Arrived In Perth For The WA Election
Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:04am

WA election campaign sees Anthony Albanese arrive as Mark McGowan heads out bush   Smiley
ABC News
March 4 2021

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese has arrived in Perth for the WA election 

The WA Premier has spent the day campaigning in regional parts of the state, despite his federal counterpart touching down in Perth today.

Key points:
Anthony Albanese arrived in WA as Mark McGowan toured regional areas
But the pair deny the Premier has snubbed the Opposition Leader
Mr McGowan has labelled the NSW Premier's COVID stance "hare-brained"
Anthony Albanese arrived in Perth for a two-day visit, just a week out from the state election, where he promoted battery manufacturing for electric vehicles at a nickel refinery in Kwinana.

"It is great to be back here in Western Australia," Mr Albanese said, alongside the Federal Labor Member for Brand Madeleine King.

"The story of resources and trade and our exports is a story of Western Australian growth. But it's not just about the west, the whole nation benefits from what is happening right here."   Smiley

Instead of the Labor leader hitting the campaign trail with Mr McGowan, the Premier was hundreds of kilometres away in the regions.

Kirkup says McGowan avoiding Albanese
It promoted State Opposition leader Zak Kirkup to suggest Mr McGowan had distanced himself from his federal counterpart on purpose and that he had "fled the city" to avoid public scrutiny after "a couple of days of bad media".

Zak Kirkup wearing a white shirt and blue spotted tie, speaking at a press conference.
Zak Kirkup says Mark McGowan doesn't want to associate himself with Federal Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese.
"I can understand why the Labor Party wouldn't want to associate themselves with Anthony Albanese," Mr Kirkup said.

It was an accusation Mr McGowan flatly rejected while spruiking an education commitment in Albany.

"I'm meeting him [Mr Albanese] tomorrow," Mr McGowan said.

The Premier said he "did not know" if he would be appearing publicly on the campaign trail with Mr Albanese during his visit.

Read more
"I think I am having a meeting with him in my office," Mr McGowan said.

"He's welcome in Western Australia, as indeed is the Prime Minister.

"We don't have borders anymore with New South Wales, so they're both welcome here in Western Australia."

Mr McGowan said the WA Liberal leader's accusation only showed the Liberal Party would not prioritise the regions like Labor would.

"I have an enormous time and commitment to regional WA and those comments show the Liberal Party and the Opposition leader don't," Mr McGowan said.

Albanese says no snub
Mr Albanese brushed off a question about whether he viewed it as a snub by the Premier.

"No, I am seeing him tomorrow," Mr Albanese said. 

"I'll be out and about, and I'll be seeing him tomorrow."

Mr Albanese said it was "not at all" unusual not to be campaigning with his state counterpart.

Your guide to the WA election 2021 major promises

Labor, The Liberals, The Greens and The Nationals have all made big-ticket pledges to win your votes. We're tracking and collating the big ones for you here.

Read more
"I've flown across, tomorrow I'll be in a childcare centre, I'll be going to the campaign tomorrow and we have a range of events. Stay tuned.

"Mark McGowan is a friend of mine, he's been a friend of mine for a very long time. Mark McGowan is in a state election campaign that's about state issues."

Mr McGowan pointed to the fact the Prime Minister Scott Morrison was allowed to visit the state but had chosen not to, as did Labor's campaign spokesperson Rita Saffioti.   Sad

"He [Mr Albanese] is in WA. Where's the Prime Minister? Let's hold the other side to account," Ms Saffioti said.

But Mr Kirkup said he had a "very good working relationship with the Federal Liberal party".

And while Mr Kirkup was campaigning for stronger local industry growth, he was again forced to defend his election commitment costings, which he said would be released next week.   Sad

However, he could not remember the name of the agency responsible for completing those costings.

"I'll get that to you," Mr Kirkup said.

Outgoing Treasurer Ben Wyatt said the costings should be released immediately, given record numbers of people flocking to early polling booths.

"He's either lying to the people of Western Australia or quite simply, it's not going to be done," Mr Wyatt said.

Later in the day, the WA Liberals revealed the costings agency as accounting group Hall Chadwick.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Albanese Arrived In Perth For The WA Election
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:07am

ahhhhhh hes hoping to learn something.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

poor albo  he just hasnt got it! has he?..

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:10am

How interesting it will be to see if labor win another state election.   Smiley   

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:14am

whiteknight wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:10am:
How interesting it will be to see if labor win another state election.   Smiley   

I hear they are going to secede   what will you do then??.. Cheesy

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:22am

I here it looks very much like it will be a labor win.   Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:52am

whiteknight wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:22am:

if he has his way  it wont be a part of Australia much longer.....you dont seem to care about that...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:52am

Zak Kirkup has already conceded defeat....The Liberal Party are very toxic over here in the West and look like losing in a landslide....Good to see a Federal Leader taking the time to visit WA who have helped save the Australian economy with mining royalties....Where is Scummo???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.afr.com/politics/wa-s-budget-surplus-swells-by-1b-in-just-two-months...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:05am

Albo's trying to pick up some of the warm and fuzzy from the impending big win in WA.

Will it work for him?

Dunno.

As for Albo's call for an "independent" inquiry over Porter?

I have an inkling that all this "demand an inquiry" stuff could turn sour for Albo and Labor.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:52am

Anyone notice that this is party business and not government business?

Who's footing the bill... get to the choppah!!

Way past time for a clear line to be drawn between party business and government business.......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:54am

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:52am:
Zak Kirkup has already conceded defeat....The Liberal Party are very toxic over here in the West and look like losing in a landslide....Good to see a Federal Leader taking the time to visit WA who have helped save the Australian economy with mining royalties....Where is Scummo???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.afr.com/politics/wa-s-budget-surplus-swells-by-1b-in-just-two-months...

Mining royalties go to the state - what have they done with it?  Created jobs?  Supported small businesses?  Built massive infrastructure?

SHOW ME!

Is Albo paying for his own travel and accommodation, or is the party, or is the taxpayer?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:01pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 11:54am:
philperth2010 wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 8:52am:

Huh Huh Huh

Mining royalties go to the state - what have they done with it?  Created jobs?  Supported small businesses?  Built massive infrastructure?

SHOW ME!

Is Albo paying for his own travel and accommodation, or is the party, or is the taxpayer?

From the article I posted???

Quote:
Booming iron ore prices driven by Chinese demand will swell Western Australia’s budget coffers by $2.3 billion over the next four years, pointing to a likely federal government windfall that would speed up budget repair and drive down record debt faster than anticipated.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 12:20pm

cods wrote on Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:52am:

if he has his way  it wont be a part of Australia much longer.....you dont seem to care about that...

Might be better to cut it loose... meaning my prescient novel series about the same happening to the US in twenty years time could be adapted to Australia - I could one day be viewed as a prophet instead of a dead loss ..

Why not go the whole hog?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 1:03pm

This might be better... nice place for Noweto - the Aboriginal Homeland...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #13 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 1:16pm

Aren't Labor already the WA Government?  So you mean the RETURN of Labor? Big Deal!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 2:32pm

QLD = North America
NSW = Oceania
VIC = South America (hence a hell of a lot of Chileans there)
SA = Middle-East (hence a lot of religious buildings)
NT = Asia
WA (North) = Europe
WA (South) = Africa (hence a lot of Africans there both
                                black and white)
TAS = what's left of Aboriginal Australia
ACT = the Shire of Hobbits under grass hills.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print