Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Cuttlefish (Read 2744 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Cuttlefish
Reply #45 - Mar 9th, 2021 at 1:14pm

I suppose one can adapt (like Freedivers can extend their bottom time and depths for ages) to such a cold extreme. His skin has probably thickened and any fat is stored under the skin after so many years doing it.
Seeing locals at Wanaka, Te Anau, etc swimming in just shorts. I tried my luck but I didn't last long - I guess it takes time.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - Mar 10th, 2021 at 9:16pm

Gordon wrote on Mar 9th, 2021 at 1:08pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 9th, 2021 at 12:51pm:
And I thought the kiwis doing it in 10C water with 3mm wetties was hard core.
Victorians don't do cold water unless in Drysuits.

Craig Foster recons after a while you crave the cold water.

About 10 years ago in Sydney the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekman_transport went bezerk and the water dropped to about 11c in mid December.

I'd watch people jump in then run out like a scalded cat. The best I managed was about a 100m swim and I started to have an out of body expirence. I've just never had to deal with cold water much.

So much respect for Foster.

Quote:
However, due to the influence of the Coriolis effect, the ocean water moves at a 90° angle from the direction of the surface wind.

That doesn't sound right.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Mar 10th, 2021 at 9:25pm

My dive buddy, she's always hot underwater.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print