Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
China says Poofters have a mental disorder (Read 4665 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

China says Poofters have a mental disorder
Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:51pm

Quote:
Homosexuality can be called a mental disorder, Chinese court rules; LGBT community disappointed

A Chinese court has upheld a ruling that a textbook description of homosexuality as “a psychological disorder” was not a factual error but merely an “academic view”.

The Chinese LGBT community, and the 24-year-old woman who filed the lawsuit, have expressed disappointment at the decision, handed down last week by the Suqian Intermediate People’s Court in the eastern province of Jiangsu.

Ou Jiayong, who also uses the name Xixi, said the court’s decision about what constituted a “factual error” was “random and baseless”

In 2016, during her first year of study at the South China Agricultural University in Guangzhou, Guangdong province, Xixi came across a psychology textbook that described being gay as a mental disorder.

A Chinese court has upheld a ruling that a textbook that described homosexuality as a mental disorder was not incorrect. The Hong Kong social worker who brought the case said it was a pity, and that she considered the judgment ‘baseless’. Photo: Getty ImagesA Chinese court has upheld a ruling that a textbook that described homosexuality as a mental disorder was not incorrect. The Hong Kong social worker who brought the case said it was a pity, and that she considered the judgment ‘baseless’. Photo: Getty Images
A Chinese court has upheld a ruling that a textbook that described homosexuality as a mental disorder was not incorrect. The Hong Kong social worker who brought the case said it was a pity, and that she considered the judgment ‘baseless’. Photo: Getty Images
A Chinese court has upheld a ruling that a textbook description of homosexuality as “a psychological disorder” was not a factual error but merely an “academic view”.

The Chinese LGBT community, and the 24-year-old woman who filed the lawsuit, have expressed disappointment at the decision, handed down last week by the Suqian Intermediate People’s Court in the eastern province of Jiangsu.

Ou Jiayong, who also uses the name Xixi, said the court’s decision about what constituted a “factual error” was “random and baseless”.

In 2016, during her first year of study at the South China Agricultural University in Guangzhou, Guangdong province, Xixi came across a psychology textbook that described being gay as a mental disorder.
Xixi and her friends protested against the textbook in front of its publisher’s office in Guangzhou, Guangdong province in July 2016.
Xixi and her friends protested against the textbook in front of its publisher’s office in Guangzhou, Guangdong province in July 2016.

The 2013 edition of Mental Health Education for College Students, published by Jinan University Press, listed homosexuality under “common psychosexual disorders” – along with cross-dressing and fetishism. It stated that homosexuality “was believed to be a disruption of love and sex or perversion of the sex partner”.

The textbook is used by a number of Chinese universities and Xixi was concerned that it was perpetuating the belief that being gay was wrong.

In 2017, Xixi sued the publisher of the textbook, and online retailer JD.com that stocks it, demanding that it remove the reference and publicly apologise. She said the book was “poor quality work” as the statement was wrong, with no scientific basis to back it up.

Late last year, the Suyu District People’s Court in Suqian ruled in favour of the publishing house, saying that the opposing views of Xixi and the publisher were due to differences in opinion rather than a factual error.

In November, Xixi, now a social worker in Hong Kong, appealed against the ruling, but it wasn’t enough to sway the appeal court, which last week handed down its decision to uphold the previous judgment.

Xixi said that while she had exhausted all legal avenues available to overturn the ruling, there was still much more work to be done and a long way to go to address the situation.

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/gender-diversity/article/3123549/homose...

I wonder if China allows poofters to get married

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: China says Poofters have a mental disorder
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:00pm

Quote:

The CCP is not at the mercy of WOKE progressives like we have here.

The main stream media actually convinced people to vote
for poofter marriage in Australia.
It shows how powerful brainwashing can be and
that people can't think for themselves.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:05pm

China has a point....We should always listen to what China believes hey fellas!!!

Quote:
Senior diplomat labels Australians who criticise China ‘scumbags’, embassy omits insult in English translation

Smiley Smiley Smiley

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/senior-diplomat-warns-aus...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:07pm

China is a Gay Nation

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:08pm

I'm conflicted.

I agree with the Chinese on so many issues.

And i disagree with the Chinese on so many issues.

They [CCP] seem to deeply hate and fear, 'self' criticism.     [any criticism which comes from outside of their 'universe'.       perhaps our brian is Chinese ???        Tongue    ]

The Chinese are clever people.

They would do better [for themselves], to HONESTLY consider and confront the criticism, coming from their critics.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:12pm

I wonder if Biden will dismiss China saying poofters have a mental disorder as " culturally different norms in each country"

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:14pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:05pm:
China has a point....We should always listen to what China believes hey fellas!!!

Quote:
Senior diplomat labels Australians who criticise China ‘scumbags’, embassy omits insult in English translation

Smiley Smiley Smiley

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/military/senior-diplomat-warns-aus...

Are you suggesting we should praise China for saying poofters have a mental disorder?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:15pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:12pm:

I wonder if Biden will dismiss China saying poofters have a mental disorder as " culturally different norms in each country"

LOL

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:11pm

China is an incest inbred nation with a very low amount of diversity in its gene pool. Hence why they can only mentally 'replicate' things.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:49pm

Could be true........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:00pm:
Quote:

So when China takes over Australia both the Kooners and the Poofers are goners... Gone-Dwanaland??

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:53pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:07pm:
China is a Gay Nation

Surprising number of poofs and girly-men/shemen - and a hell of a lot of unmarried women of high quality.... does give pause for thought, eh?  What are all the boys doing if they're not marrying good women?  Making mince pies?

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:03am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:50pm:
Quote:

So when China takes over Australia both the Kooners and the Poofers are goners... Gone-Dwanaland??

Ha! Love it.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:03am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:50pm:
Quote:

Ha! Love it. Cool Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:06am

For such an over-populated nation - they really lack people skills.
Even in Australia - they can't cope with others and keep to themselves.

In Construction - I treated them like all other 'Aussies', ignoring their 'Asianess' and they always buckled, got agro, defensive and went all wonky.
They really had trouble with Aboriginal workers though. Heaps of fights.  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print