Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Desperate for increased authority? (Read 5188 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Desperate for increased authority?
Mar 3rd, 2021 at 1:26pm

Grace Tame Press Club address targets Scott Morrison's 'as a father' response to rape allegations - exactly.  What greater authority does being a father confer?  None.  Typical Scotty from Marketing tactics... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Desperate for increased authority?
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 2:34pm

Being an Aboriginal activist and/or supporter gives far greater authority... in some issues.... unconscious privilege, innit??

No - I have no 'shame' over any past history - I had no part in it and as far as I am aware none of my ancestors who've lived here for generations did, either... I don't accept any 'corporate responsibility' for any claimed wrongs - that kind of thing was roundly lambasted when the British used it in such places as Iraq in the 1920's-30's - when they would bomb a village because of the sin or crime of perhaps one inhabitant.

You can readily see why such an approach would be abhorrent to any civilised person.... and yet many today support just that in countless ways - seeking to exact punishment and angst from those who have zero responsibility for any purported past wrong - such as keeping women safe from dirty and dangerous work etc... talk about unconscious privilege...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 2:43pm

It seems to me that any politician making any statement about this issue is going to cop flak.... no matter how HE addresses it.... cheap shots, really.

I note that my responses come from being a father and grandfather - so I know the anger this would create if it were one of mine assaulted.  I am still prepared to await the outcome of a full and proper investigation, but I also have suggested some immediate actions that may militate against recurrences, such as a register of relationships and a one-stop shop where any issue can be raised and dealt with impartially.

The moment Kommissar/Gauleiter Reynolds became aware that there MIGHT be an issue with staff staging a 'sleepover' in her office (FCS) she should have taken more conscientious steps to work out what should be done, and if there had been such a body available made an initial contact there, rather than rushing the cleaners in...

Jesus - this is like watching a Hollywood spy movie where they rush the 'cleaning squad' in to clear up the spilled blood and guts and brains... makes me seriously wonder about the real level of maturity of our elected representatives ... not to mention their integrity... well - private schoolies after all...   Roll Eyes

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 8:19pm

Suffering from a bad case of "Whataboutism" there, Graps.  Tsk, tsk.   Still unable to condemn what the thread is all about - Scotty from Marketing's appeal to being a supposed "higher authority" 'cause he's a "dad"?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:01pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 1:26pm:
Grace Tame Press Club address targets Scott Morrison's 'as a father' response to rape allegations - exactly.  What greater authority does being a father confer?  None.  Typical Scotty from Marketing tactics... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are such a reliable idiot, Bbwian. You can be relied on to never make a sensible, intelligent p ok st.

ScoMo added a personal angle to his remarks,  not a authorisation. Tame made an idiotic and Lame quip and the usual idiots - ABC, you - rush in, equally unthinkingly.  You morons would have kvetched no matter what ScoMo said or didn't say. You just want to talk shite and that's all that matters to you.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:05pm

Frank wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:01pm:

You are such a reliable idiot, Bbwian. You can be relied on to never make a sensible, intelligent p ok st.

ScoMo added a personal angle to his remarks,  not a authorisation. Tame made an idiotic and Lame quip and the usual idiots - ABC, you - rush in, equally unthinkingly.  You morons would have kvetched no matter what ScoMo said or didn't say. You just want to talk shite and that's all that matters to you.

The problem is the dickhead Prime Minister is doing nothing....He is a flake like you mate!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:29pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 8:19pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/120/google/223...

Suffering from a bad case of "Whataboutism" there, Graps.  Tsk, tsk.   Still unable to condemn what the thread is all about - Scotty from Marketing's appeal to being a supposed "higher authority" 'cause he's a "dad"?  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No - offering positive leadership by posing not only complaints and issues but at the same time offering actions that could possibly work to keep such things under control...

Why should I condemn anyone for speaking from the POV of being a parent?  There is no higher authority....and on what basis does anyone say that by doing so - the speaker is 'seeking some higher authority'?

Perhaps you'd better explain yourself....

True paranoia right there and classical feminist running dog silliness... watch out for those monsters under your bed.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:26am

Construction worker gives a woman passer-by a Wolf Whistle to grab her attention. They date, marry and have kids living happily ever after. The guy had a good follow-through with his actions.

Another Construction worker gives a woman a Wolf Whistle - but he has no intention of marriage, etc. He's just thinking 'short term' for his selfish lust. He has no follow-through of sincerity. He ends up in Court.

To ban the former because of the latter - well, it just shows an inability to know good from bad.

A lot of people have great Workplace relationships (mostly Co-Eds) - but when one has an 'affair' through work, then Turnbull the Gay bans 'all' relationships because he can't tell and cope with the good from the bad.

Ahh, the stupidity of it all - just to appease the Media. Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:28am

Jasin wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:26am:
Construction worker gives a woman passer-by a Wolf Whistle to grab her attention. They date, marry and have kids living happily ever after. The guy had a good follow-through with his actions.

Another Construction worker gives a woman a Wolf Whistle - but he has no intention of marriage, etc. He's just thinking 'short term' for his selfish lust. He has no follow-through of sincerity. He ends up in Court.

To ban the former because of the latter - well, it just shows an inability to know good from bad.

A lot of people have great Workplace relationships (mostly Co-Eds) - but when one has an 'affair' through work, then Turnbull the Gay bans 'all' relationships because he can't tell and cope with the good from the bad.

Hahaha since when do women respond to wolf whistles at all?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:04am

Bwian"s butt-hurt because he has to walk at the back of the ANZAC Day march with the nurses.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:59am

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:04am:
Bwian"s butt-hurt because he has to walk at the back of the ANZAC Day march with the nurses.

I'd gladly march with the Medicos, Hammer.  At least they care about people, unlike you.  At least I qualify to march.  Unlike you.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:59am:

https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/120/google/223...

I'd gladly march with the Medicos, Hammer.  At least they care about people, unlike you.  At least I qualify to march.  Unlike you.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are reservists allowed to march?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:33pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:11pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:59am:

Are reservists allowed to march?

Apparently so.  As you were never even an ARes member, you don't get to march at all.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:39pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 11:05pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 9:01pm:

The problem is the dickhead Prime Minister is doing nothing....He is a flake like you mate!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What's he exactly supposed to do d1ckhead?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2021 at 1:41pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 4:28am:
Jasin wrote on Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:26am:

Hahaha since when do women respond to wolf whistles at all?

Spot

Naïve response.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print